NARS Luminous Moisture Cream

No Image

3.6

on 3/13/2017 2:28:00 PM

After trying so many face creams that, on either end of the spectrum, did not moisturize enough so that I'd be dry by mid-day or were so rich they broke me out, I was given a sample of this one. I certainly did not want to get into the expensive department store products (I had been going to Mario Badescu salon, or Kiehl's, or the drug store, and sparing myself the hard-sell department store hell) I'm sorry to admit this Nars product is the only thing that has worked. One lippie off for the stupid square tub design, although you can at least say it's eye-catching. I also don't like dipping my finger, or a qtip into the tub (they don't include a dipper, or whatever you'd call it, and I wouldn't use it anyway since then it has to be washed); would much prefer a tube.

I don't know if this does any repairing or restoring or any of the other miracles that face creams are supposed to do, but I'm moisturized, and it works just find under foundation, so yay.

on 2/13/2016 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

An MUA used this on me as a base for the NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint. I love how soft this made my skin feel. It felt plump and moisturised without looking oily. I don't know about it 'blurring imperfections', but it is an excellent base for foundation. Your skin stays plump all day long.

on 10/19/2015 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I received a handful of samples of this after telling the SA at the Nars counter about my dehydrated skin. A few days later she gave me more samples, and today I had to buy it! I always thought I had super oily skin but I spent the last few years discovering otherwise. I've tried every oil and moisturizer but nothing is heavy enough for how dry I get in the winter (and even in the summer). I put this on over my Badger dry skin oil and my face feels so soft! At the end of the day I don't have that "my face might crack off" feeling. I took off a point because I don't love the microcrystalline wax (petroleum derivative), palm oil (ethical reasons) or castor oil (dries my skin out), but these are also what makes it work so.... I'd definitely use something else without these ingredients if I could find it! I've yet to try slathering my face in Un Petroleum due to acne fears (I've really considered it though) As far as light reflecting and line reducing I do see that but really for me this is all about relief from dryness.

on 2/20/2015 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I received this as a gift along with the Aqua Gel Luminous Mask. I have to say, that I do LOVE this cream. I have been using it off and on for about 2 months (maybe I would bust it out once a week)...then this past 2 weeks, living in Chicago, my skin has been put through the worst wind and cold. My job requires me to often walk outside from one building to another and i am exposed to a LOT of cold and wind and all the buildings I am in seem to be as dry as a bone. This cream has really helped lock in the moisture and maintain the moisture all day long. My go to creams are still Clinique Moisture Surge (regular and intense), but this has been a nice treat for those extreme cold days. I would for sure re-purchase but only for use in the colder months...not year round.

Overall, 4 lippies...it does everything it claims, including adding that nice luminous glow.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

If I ran out of this would I buy this again? Hell NO! And I wish I would've never bought it in the first place!

I love Nars. I hate this cream. Mostly because it is so expensive and does absolutely nothing for your skin. To get the same effect, try adding glitter to the thickest hand lotion you can find and lather it on your face.

Got a sample of this when I bought some nars makeup and wow I love it, been trying it for two days moring and night and so far no breakouts, my skin is usually pretty oily but I think it was super dehyrated because this cream felt thick for the first two times I used it but then my skin changed. It went from having to be blotted during the day two to three times to not needing blotted at all. I also wake up with soft lookig almost airbrushed skin, no fine lines (I'm 26 I have a couple) I always thought I had combo oily skin but I think I was overproducing oil beciase I was dry! This cream is changing my skin for the better and it's only been a few days! Heading back to buy it, but ouch 72 bucks in Canada !!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this moisturiser. I have very oily skin, and during the winter in Chicago, it becomes dehydrated because everywhere is SO dry! I use it thick at night, and a thinner later for day, followed by Bobbi Brown's Extra Soothing balm, and that is enough to keep my oil glands from going into overdrive trying to protect my face from moisture loss. I go through about a jar a month. It's the only product that I can wear thick at night without problems.

To the people who claimed this product have them cystic acne and said they went to the dermatologist: your dermatologist undoubtedly informed you that cystic acne comes from the inside out, it is unrelated to what you put on your face. It is always related to your diet (lack of eating properly) and to genetic predisposition to overabundance of acne bacteria in the skin. Cystic acne is at the dermal layer, and almost no external products can penetrate that deeply.

To the person who complained about the amount of product: it says "50mL" right on the package and the jar...so...you kind of embarrassed yourself admitting you don't read the labels before you buy products.

on 5/15/2013 12:55:00 AM

I love this product. I have very dry skin and a very small amount of this moisturizes my skin so well. I used to use a $200 chanel moisturizer for extreme dry skin and I would have to apply and then re-apply 5 minutes later after the first bit absorbed. That is NOT the case with this cream. A dime sized amount works for my entire face making this $62 jar pretty reasonable.

I use the NARS optimal brightening concentrate underneath which is very moisturizing as well. This is probably part of why I don't have to use very much of the cream.

I have extremely dry and sensitive skin so I am happy to find a skin care regime that keeps my skin feeling very moisturized and soft without irritation. I am also happy about the price of this. 62 for the lotion and 72 for the serum makes $134 every 3 months for moisturizer and thats a pretty good deal for me considering what I have spent in the past. Maybe I will actually put this on my neck like you are supposed to... ;)

EDIT: I took 3 lippies off because this cream made me break out SO BADLY and this happens almost NEVER. I have had a HUGE zit in the middle of my forehead for 2 weeks. its cystic and huge and painful. I also have little zits all over the rest of my face that come and go. I have to go see a dermatologist about acne for the first time IN MY LIFE and I am 33.I was in denial that this cream was doing it to me which is why it took me until a few days ago to stop using it. I completely switched back to Estee Lauder products and the acne has gone down noticeably each day.

Also, can we talk about how little product is in that jar? I thought I was getting a deal. HA!

on 4/29/2013 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cream felt great on my face, but was too heavy for my combo, sensitive, and somewhat acne-prone skin. It didn't cause redness or itchiness; it was simply too much. I broke out from it despite the NARS sales lady's assurance that I would not due to the good-for-you Omega-3s and what not. She also refused to give me a sample before purchase, even though I purchase NARS products throughout the year. It's a hassle to return products. I also wish NARS made a lighter cream to supplement it's wonderful gel moisturizer.

on 2/11/2013 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The only HG moisturizer I have found. I usually use pure jojoba oil but needed more moisture, I got a sample of this and feel in love, even great on my super oily skin. Make my tinted moistrizer look amazing.