L'Oreal Infallible The Super Slim 12H Liquid Eyeliner

L'Oreal  Infallible The Super Slim 12H Liquid Eyeliner
 Infallible The Super Slim 12H Liquid Eyeliner

3.1

This product was one of the first drugstore liquid liners I have tried. I was actually very impressed. This stayed saturated for quite a long time. The only reason I had to get rid of mine is because the tip dried out. Over the summer I wore this liner to a fair. It was hot and humid. We did a ton of walking for at least 7 plus hours. This liner looked great! It didn’t wear off or smudge! I thought this was black enough for my liking. This is definitely a great liner option at the drug store and I would repurchase in the future.

For drugstore makeup, I really like using this brand. It's not as great as some gel liners, but if you want something more portable with nice pigmentation, this is what I like to use. I carry mine with me everywhere. The slim tip is very convenient, and I love that it dries to a matte finish. And there's no weird flaking. It's not terribly expensive - usually around 10$, but it lasts for a good while.

on 2/17/2017 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been on the hunt for the perfect long lasting, non-smudging eyeliner pen with a sharp felt tip for a long time. This eyeliner is everything that I wanted except that it smudged on my lower lid in about 3 hours. It wasn't even a hot day either! I wore it yesterday WITH primer when I was indoors all day. I wanted to love this so bad but it's a miss.

I'm surprised by some of the negative reviews. This product works great for me - in terms of staying power. I have oily eyelids and layer 2 different eye primers to get my eye make up to stay put all day. I needed something inexpensive to use after an eye infection as I didn't want to risk infecting my Kat Von D tattoo liner. At almost $15 at shoppers this isn't exactly cheap but I tried it and love it more than Kat Von D liner. I almost felt like I was cheating;) This liner lasts slightly longer than the Kat Von D Tattoo one (all day - office job). But the true test will be summer - I have only used it in the winter months so far.

I think it appears slightly more black as well. It is very easy to apply, glides smoothly. I can't comment on how long this product will last before I have to repurchase, as I've only used it for about 3 weeks (daily use).

I don't make fancy winged lines, just a nice clean looking line so not sure if there are problems with that aspect - some reviews criticized the ease of that application.

Overall - will continue using and repurchasing;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Let's talk about what I look for in a liquid eyeliner. When I buy products I'm looking for a long wearing, dark black matte color that does not fade or smudge. For reference, my eyelids are slightly oily. If I don't apply primer or if I use certain kinds of mascara I will get a great deal of transfer onto my brow bone. Now lets talk about the product!

Packaging & Ease of Use -
The packaging on this product is great! The pen is slim and comes to a nice thin felt tip ideal for creating a wing. I started using this product when I was first learning how to do winged liner and it made the process very easy for me. If you are starting out with liquid eyeliner I highly recommend this type of product. It's quite easy to create thin or thick lines depending on what you want. There is no tutorial needed here, just grab it and go. Fits easily into a makeup bag, and weighs virtually nothing.

Color & Wearabilty -
This product comes out very inky black, no issues with that. It dries perfectly matte and dark and looks great upon application. I like to set mine with a black eye shadow, and I don't have any issues with it transferring onto my lid. The only reason I did not give this product 5 stars is because of what it does in the outer corners of my eyes and how it fades. I don't think I have watery eyes, but the sharp wing I create in the morning can sometimes bleed or become smudged throughout the day. A bit of concealer can clean it up, but I'm not sure what causes the bleeding. Also, this product tends to fade throughout the day. I work 8 hours a day and I keep this product in a travel makeup bag to touch up on my lunch break. The lines are still there but not as thick or dark as they were when I applied in the morning. When I reapply I do not set it with an eye shadow and I still do not have an issue with transfer.

Final Thoughts -
I continue to buy this product regardless of the slight smudging/bleeding issue just because I have yet to find another product that gives the same effect for the price. I continue to experiment to see if there is anything I can do to prevent the bleeding.

Okay, I'm not gonna sugarcoat anything, because I really hate this eyeliner, hence the rating. I bought this because I ran out of my theBalm Schwing Eyeliner and I wanted to get a cheap alternative, though this isn't the cheapest. When I bought this,I swatched it on my hand and I was pretty impressed. No bleeding, pretty black and dried down matte. Perfect. When I came home I tested this on my eyelid and I was shocked. The black was extremely faint and it transfered onto my upper lid in 2 hours and I dont even have oily eyelids. It wiped off easily, which I appreciate, since theBalm liner is pretty messy to take off, but with nonexistent intensity and staying power, I am sad to say that this is a fail and I would rather steer you in the direction of the Schwing eyeliner, or any Artdeco liners or even l'oreal's Gel Intenza liner, because its way blacker than this and actually stays on my eyelids.

I love this eyeliner so much! The tip is the best one I've ever tried. It is skinny and I get perfect winged eyeliner every time! It dries to a nice finish - not super glossy, but not super matte. It isn't super black, but it's definitely not grey. The texture when it went on was smooth and it glided on nicely. It didn't smell like anything, so that was a plus too. Overall, I like it and I would repurchase.

on 5/15/2016 2:15:00 AM

I loved L'oreal Lineur Intense (LI) liquid eyeliner but I was a bit tired of its packaging:it's two-part--a bottle with a brush. And you have to shake the bottle before you twist open the brush, otherwise it won't apply very well on your eyes. So when I saw Infallible just shapes like a pen I thought I must give it a try. I told myself "It's liquid eyeliner, it's also made by L'oreal,and it even says "12hr" on the label, while LI doesn't tell me how long it lasts, so it must be better than LI". Boy I was SO wrong! Although the pen shape is very easy to use (that's why I gave it 4 lipsticks), the tip is kinda stiff, at least stiffer than LI. Also, it SMUDGES like crazy! In two hours I turned into a panda (I'm a chubby Asian), a very tired one. I usually wear makeup for up to 12 hours, LI never smudges on me. Never! If you have oily eyelid, stay way from Infallible, and give Lineur Intense a try!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

the look i want is easily achievable with this! it does smudge, especially since i have oily skin. but when used with a primer it's fine.

i love how the pen tip is really long so i can just drag this across my lids and get a nearly perfect winged look every time.

I ordered an eyeliner to replace my old felt tip back in October and it still hasn't come. Desperate for a winged liner fix, I went to Target to try and find a replacement. I bought this one. It was awful. It looks pigmented when you swatch it, but then you go to put it on, and it turns transparent after a few swipes. If you're trying to achieve a wing, forget it. This stuff doesn't make dark marks, so it is really hard to get a solid wing with a sharp tip. It also drags on skin, making it hard to get a neat connection from wing to actual eye line. I even tried storing it tip-down until my next use, it didn't help. I was so unhappy, especially since I paid $10 for this, which is a lot considering I'm a broke college student and I already bought one that hasn't come yet.