L'Oreal Infallible The Super Slim 12H Liquid Eyeliner

L'Oreal  Infallible The Super Slim 12H Liquid Eyeliner
 Infallible The Super Slim 12H Liquid Eyeliner

3.1

I'm surprised by some of the negative reviews. This product works great for me - in terms of staying power. I have oily eyelids and layer 2 different eye primers to get my eye make up to stay put all day. I needed something inexpensive to use after an eye infection as I didn't want to risk infecting my Kat Von D tattoo liner. At almost $15 at shoppers this isn't exactly cheap but I tried it and love it more than Kat Von D liner. I almost felt like I was cheating;) This liner lasts slightly longer than the Kat Von D Tattoo one (all day - office job). But the true test will be summer - I have only used it in the winter months so far.

I think it appears slightly more black as well. It is very easy to apply, glides smoothly. I can't comment on how long this product will last before I have to repurchase, as I've only used it for about 3 weeks (daily use).

I don't make fancy winged lines, just a nice clean looking line so not sure if there are problems with that aspect - some reviews criticized the ease of that application.

Overall - will continue using and repurchasing;)

on 2/17/2017 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been on the hunt for the perfect long lasting, non-smudging eyeliner pen with a sharp felt tip for a long time. This eyeliner is everything that I wanted except that it smudged on my lower lid in about 3 hours. It wasn't even a hot day either! I wore it yesterday WITH primer when I was indoors all day. I wanted to love this so bad but it's a miss.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Let's talk about what I look for in a liquid eyeliner. When I buy products I'm looking for a long wearing, dark black matte color that does not fade or smudge. For reference, my eyelids are slightly oily. If I don't apply primer or if I use certain kinds of mascara I will get a great deal of transfer onto my brow bone. Now lets talk about the product!

Packaging & Ease of Use -
The packaging on this product is great! The pen is slim and comes to a nice thin felt tip ideal for creating a wing. I started using this product when I was first learning how to do winged liner and it made the process very easy for me. If you are starting out with liquid eyeliner I highly recommend this type of product. It's quite easy to create thin or thick lines depending on what you want. There is no tutorial needed here, just grab it and go. Fits easily into a makeup bag, and weighs virtually nothing.

Color & Wearabilty -
This product comes out very inky black, no issues with that. It dries perfectly matte and dark and looks great upon application. I like to set mine with a black eye shadow, and I don't have any issues with it transferring onto my lid. The only reason I did not give this product 5 stars is because of what it does in the outer corners of my eyes and how it fades. I don't think I have watery eyes, but the sharp wing I create in the morning can sometimes bleed or become smudged throughout the day. A bit of concealer can clean it up, but I'm not sure what causes the bleeding. Also, this product tends to fade throughout the day. I work 8 hours a day and I keep this product in a travel makeup bag to touch up on my lunch break. The lines are still there but not as thick or dark as they were when I applied in the morning. When I reapply I do not set it with an eye shadow and I still do not have an issue with transfer.

Final Thoughts -
I continue to buy this product regardless of the slight smudging/bleeding issue just because I have yet to find another product that gives the same effect for the price. I continue to experiment to see if there is anything I can do to prevent the bleeding.

I ordered an eyeliner to replace my old felt tip back in October and it still hasn't come. Desperate for a winged liner fix, I went to Target to try and find a replacement. I bought this one. It was awful. It looks pigmented when you swatch it, but then you go to put it on, and it turns transparent after a few swipes. If you're trying to achieve a wing, forget it. This stuff doesn't make dark marks, so it is really hard to get a solid wing with a sharp tip. It also drags on skin, making it hard to get a neat connection from wing to actual eye line. I even tried storing it tip-down until my next use, it didn't help. I was so unhappy, especially since I paid $10 for this, which is a lot considering I'm a broke college student and I already bought one that hasn't come yet.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

The price point and applicator for this product are both great. However, I have problems with staying power + blackness of this liner. I found myself going over it with gel liner and powder to get it to wear longer.

on 5/15/2016 2:15:00 AM

I loved L'oreal Lineur Intense (LI) liquid eyeliner but I was a bit tired of its packaging:it's two-part--a bottle with a brush. And you have to shake the bottle before you twist open the brush, otherwise it won't apply very well on your eyes. So when I saw Infallible just shapes like a pen I thought I must give it a try. I told myself "It's liquid eyeliner, it's also made by L'oreal,and it even says "12hr" on the label, while LI doesn't tell me how long it lasts, so it must be better than LI". Boy I was SO wrong! Although the pen shape is very easy to use (that's why I gave it 4 lipsticks), the tip is kinda stiff, at least stiffer than LI. Also, it SMUDGES like crazy! In two hours I turned into a panda (I'm a chubby Asian), a very tired one. I usually wear makeup for up to 12 hours, LI never smudges on me. Never! If you have oily eyelid, stay way from Infallible, and give Lineur Intense a try!

I love this eyeliner so much! The tip is the best one I've ever tried. It is skinny and I get perfect winged eyeliner every time! It dries to a nice finish - not super glossy, but not super matte. It isn't super black, but it's definitely not grey. The texture when it went on was smooth and it glided on nicely. It didn't smell like anything, so that was a plus too. Overall, I like it and I would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

the look i want is easily achievable with this! it does smudge, especially since i have oily skin. but when used with a primer it's fine.

i love how the pen tip is really long so i can just drag this across my lids and get a nearly perfect winged look every time.

on 5/5/2016 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Usually, I use L'Oreal's gel eyeliner (Gel Intenza or something?) and I am VERY happy with it and have repurchased it several times, but I wanted to try a pen eyeliner so, naturally, I reached for the same brand. Boy, was I disappointed. Unlike the gel, this thing smudges on my eyelids after only an hour or two. Yes, it is more precise and it is a very deep black, but what's the point if I'm going to look like a panda soon after I go out of the house? I mean, sure, pandas are cute, but I wasn't going for that look, exactly.
Definitely won't buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this liner for years now. Honestly, the pen tip is really fine which allows for a great application, the colour pay off is great, and it dries down nicely as well to a pretty matte finish. However, it does have some flaws mostly to do with staying power. When it comes to fading, this one does how up for a REALLY long time. 12 hours? Not usually. But 8? Easily. The big issue I tend to have with this product is that it bleeds around the corners of your eye into your waterline. To be completely fair, I am a tired person and I yawn A LOT. So that's probably a factor. But it brings me to my next nitpick: this liner has like, zero water resistance. I know it makes no claims to, but I mean, I yawn too much and it bleeds. I once took a snowflake to the eye and the liner RAN DOWN MY FACE. It was a hot mess and I was stuck downtown trying to mop it up and save my face. Really though, this is a solid product aside from those issues and even then, if you just touch up a bit and mind the corners of your eyes, it holds up really well.