L'Oreal Infallible The Super Slim 12H Liquid Eyeliner

L'Oreal  Infallible The Super Slim 12H Liquid Eyeliner

3.1

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

The price point and applicator for this product are both great. However, I have problems with staying power + blackness of this liner. I found myself going over it with gel liner and powder to get it to wear longer.

on 5/15/2016 2:15:00 AM

I loved L'oreal Lineur Intense (LI) liquid eyeliner but I was a bit tired of its packaging:it's two-part--a bottle with a brush. And you have to shake the bottle before you twist open the brush, otherwise it won't apply very well on your eyes. So when I saw Infallible just shapes like a pen I thought I must give it a try. I told myself "It's liquid eyeliner, it's also made by L'oreal,and it even says "12hr" on the label, while LI doesn't tell me how long it lasts, so it must be better than LI". Boy I was SO wrong! Although the pen shape is very easy to use (that's why I gave it 4 lipsticks), the tip is kinda stiff, at least stiffer than LI. Also, it SMUDGES like crazy! In two hours I turned into a panda (I'm a chubby Asian), a very tired one. I usually wear makeup for up to 12 hours, LI never smudges on me. Never! If you have oily eyelid, stay way from Infallible, and give Lineur Intense a try!

To Read all 77 Reviews, Login or Join

I love this eyeliner so much! The tip is the best one I've ever tried. It is skinny and I get perfect winged eyeliner every time! It dries to a nice finish - not super glossy, but not super matte. It isn't super black, but it's definitely not grey. The texture when it went on was smooth and it glided on nicely. It didn't smell like anything, so that was a plus too. Overall, I like it and I would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

the look i want is easily achievable with this! it does smudge, especially since i have oily skin. but when used with a primer it's fine.

i love how the pen tip is really long so i can just drag this across my lids and get a nearly perfect winged look every time.

on 5/5/2016 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Usually, I use L'Oreal's gel eyeliner (Gel Intenza or something?) and I am VERY happy with it and have repurchased it several times, but I wanted to try a pen eyeliner so, naturally, I reached for the same brand. Boy, was I disappointed. Unlike the gel, this thing smudges on my eyelids after only an hour or two. Yes, it is more precise and it is a very deep black, but what's the point if I'm going to look like a panda soon after I go out of the house? I mean, sure, pandas are cute, but I wasn't going for that look, exactly.
Definitely won't buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this liner for years now. Honestly, the pen tip is really fine which allows for a great application, the colour pay off is great, and it dries down nicely as well to a pretty matte finish. However, it does have some flaws mostly to do with staying power. When it comes to fading, this one does how up for a REALLY long time. 12 hours? Not usually. But 8? Easily. The big issue I tend to have with this product is that it bleeds around the corners of your eye into your waterline. To be completely fair, I am a tired person and I yawn A LOT. So that's probably a factor. But it brings me to my next nitpick: this liner has like, zero water resistance. I know it makes no claims to, but I mean, I yawn too much and it bleeds. I once took a snowflake to the eye and the liner RAN DOWN MY FACE. It was a hot mess and I was stuck downtown trying to mop it up and save my face. Really though, this is a solid product aside from those issues and even then, if you just touch up a bit and mind the corners of your eyes, it holds up really well.

on 4/26/2016 10:22:00 AM

Out of the many drugstore liquid liners I've tried, this has been the best.

Pros: makes an extremely fine line, very dark inky black color, completely matte, affordable, lasts all day for me and is easy to remove.

Cons: very firm tip which is good for precision but the lack of flexibility makes me mess up sometimes, can smudge a tad but not too badly.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this eyeliner! I've used it for about 3 years now, and there is a reason I keep purchasing it! It lasts all day, even through allergy season. Easiest eyeliner to apply! It's like a felt tip pen so there's no dipping like traditional liquid eyeliner. It doesn't blot onto my lids after applying. It washes off easy so I'm not rubbin my eyelids raw. Makes it super easy to create my classic winged look!

This is my favorite pen liner by far. I've repurchased this only a few times; not because it dried out, but because I ran out! Each pen lasts me 6 months to a year with regular use!

The tip is really thin, which makes it easy to start your wing at the inner corner with a really thin line if you so choose. I've never had an issue with the tip drying out as other reviews have stated, but maybe I've been lucky.

The color is a true deep black that goes on smooth, and not shiny/glossy (as is my complaint with the PF eye booster liner.) I never have to go over a line to make sure it's opaque. And with the shape of the tip, the wing basically draws itself. It's easy to do a thin wing, though a thicker one is always possible with just a bit more work. I also like using the thin tip to dot the slightest amount of liner in between my lower lashes to add even more definition to my eyes, albeit subtle.

This is a total staple in my makeup bag and recommend it to anyone looking for a good liner for the cat eye look.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my absolute, without a doubt, favourite FELT tip liner. I feel like with this liner I get the blackest, thinnest, easiest line ever. I originally bought this liner in my senior year of high school and am in my third year of university and, up until this week, had been using this every time I did my makeup. It's THAT good! The liner comes in a very slim and easy to use pencil shape. All you have to do is take the cap off of it and use. I have repurchased the super slim about nine times in the last three and a half years. I gave it an overall rating of four because what is not an issue for me, may be an issue for others: the tip dries out fairly quickly. This doesn't bother me because I don't like my liquid/felt liner to start right in the inner corner, I use a black eye kohl for that. But if you are going for that super precise, get it in the inner corner kind of look, you may find that you won't love this as much as I do. I gave the price four stars because it depends on where you go, but I've paid as little as $7 for this liner and as much as $11 for it. Seven bucks is pretty good, but I'd say eleven is pushing it for drugstore. As I mentioned above, I've been using this liner up until last week when I went to my local Walmart to repurchase and IT WASN'T THERE! It wasn't even that they'd sold out, there wasn't even a row for this liner! I ended up buying the new Covergirl one instead because all of the other L'Oreal liners I've tried before and I didn't love them like I did with the Super Slim. What's up with that L'Oreal? Please tell me that you haven't discontinued this amazing product!