Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation

Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation

3.7

Talc, Mica, CI 77492/Iron Oxides, Diethylhexyl Succinate, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Silica, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Polyethylene, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, Hydrogenated Lecithin, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, Trimyristin, Ximenia Americana Seed Oil, Aluminium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopherol, Water, Stearic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have combination skin and this foundation is absolutely disastrous for my forehead and T-zone. This powder foundation does provide a flawless coverage, but will wear off after a few hours, even with using a primer first. For these two reasons I cannot recommend this product.

on 4/26/2016 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really, really love this!
I was looking for a powder foundation for ages, one that was travel friendly (no loose powder, thanks) and versatile enought that I could wear it lightly if I wanted a more natural look. MAC's studio finish sits too heavy on my face, BareMineral's compact powder foundation (forgot its name) was a NIGHTMARE on my skin, but this, this is just right.
I originally bought a darker colour (120, I think) but it oxidized like crazy and yep, I did end up orangy. But then I changed the colour (2 or 3 shades lighter), and voilá! I still think it's not the perfect colour: I ended up with 117 - golden ivory, and I'm not golden *anything*, but it still work just great!
I use it dry with a kabuki or a buffering brush, like Real Techniques' Expert brush, or Sephora's mineral powder one, and get just the right coverage I want. I've also been known to use it more lightly over a more sheer liquid foundation, just using a less compact brush, and I also like it this way.
I'm definitely buying it again - hopefully in the right colour this time.

To Read all 92 Reviews, Login or Join

My initial thoughts on this Powder Foundation we're mediocre to say the least. I had purchased this product at my local Sephora for $ 45 Canadian + tax so closer to $ 50. To me the price wasn't much of a concern. However having looked back on this product now.. it's surely not worth the price especially for how it wore.

I was in the mood to search out a NEW Powder Foundation to try out wearing to work. Considering I work as a hospital housekeeper, I needed a product that can wear for 8 + hours, be able to control sweat and slight shine in my T-Zone. Now I would say I have Combination to Normal skin at best it's not too oily in the T-Zone but just slightly.

So I first tried this product on a day off and wore it to do a family photo shoot. I was scared by how orange it looked, but it wasn't that bad in natural day light. It looked good, wore OK and considering that it was summer I touched up 1 time.

I figured I'd try it at my job, first impression was rather shocked. It caked around the creases of my nose, and it looked a bit dry looking. I put it away.. and tried it just the other day at work, to see if there is any difference. Nope.. it wore well on my forehead and cheeks but around my nose and chin it looked like it was wearing off. Not impressed considering I praise MUFE. The best foundation they have and a favourite still is their Face & Body which is # 1 in my books. I switched to Powder Foundation as I found liquids don't hold up as well at work.

Now that I know this product doesn't work as a foundation I will use it as a base under my eyeshadows and it will have a renewed purpose !.

on 12/27/2015 9:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know if there's anything better but this is what I buy again and again. Decent coverage and it doesn't break me out. I use shade porcelain pink and it's almost light enough for me. I find it a little dark but it seems to settle after I apply and blend in pretty well. It doesn't completely cover redness but blends well enough to a porcelain like finish. I wear it over PC tinted moisturizer shade one. A compact lasts about 3 months for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tried this when I was looking for a change from my MAC Studio Fix powder. My friend who is an ethie thought that the MAC was breaking me out. I went to Sephora and was color matched into shade 113. For reference I wear C2 or N4 in Studio Fix and the shade of the 113 is very similar to the C2.

My problems with this are many. First of all, it just is not long-wearing. Even on top of a primer, it is gone or blotchy within a few hours. I want a product I can apply in the morning and maybe touch up in the afternoon. Second of all, it seems to settle into my pores or lines and accentuate them. I've also noticed that it makes my skin a little itchy.

When I first put it on it can look good- very fine texture, slightly matte but satiny. But it doesn't last.

I've applied this with various brushes: kabui brush, foundation brush, and a Missha oval brush. In no case does it work any better.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love it for a natural look!

At first, I didn´t know how to use it and it didn´t work for me with certain brushes or sponges and looked so flaky using it with a primer .

But one day, I tried it with my kabuki brush after applying my moisturizer SPF 15 facial sunscreen Triple performing lotion from Benefit and it worked! ( the dry way to apply it)

For a really satin finish on my skin , this is the wet way to apply it. I spray my face with Aven thermal spring water ( with or without moisturizer, it works better for me without mosturizer) and then I apply this make up in circular motion with a kabuki brush.In this way my skin looks flawless and believe me I ve got the worst skin in the world with big pores and combo skin ( shine in T zone , really dry in other areas).

It´s mineral oil free so it doesn´t block my pores as much as other powders or foundations and having combination skin , it reduces the shin and mattifies giving a bit of glowing in my skin. It´s lightweight and softens the appearence of fine lines. I am 35 and I can´t see as much my wrinkles!

0% silicons.Paraben free. Less talc than other powders. It doesnt look cackey at all ( my skin always looks orange with other make ups but not with this one) and it really works onto my dehydrated combination skin ( no shine at all for hours!).

If you want to cover spots, freckles, you can use the sponge included in the compact.Focus only on the pimple and not the surrounding area. After you are finished , you can blend out to your skin with the kabuki, but do not blend or touch the actual spot or whatever you want to hide.

My shade: 120 ( neutral ivory, natural)
Cons: no SPF sun protection

I like the lightness of this but it didn't really work for me. It seem to look a little orange on me :( And when I wore it I could really tell I had makeup on which is a bummer.

on 10/21/2015 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The coverage of this foundation is pretty light. It was hard to build this up to medium coverage no matter how much product I put on or what I used for application. I don't have a huge problem with this though since I use concealer anyway and I just wanted a foundation to even out my skin tone. The problem I do have, however, is how badly this foundation oxidizes. I'm between NC20 and NC25 and I was matched to shade 120. It looked fine at first but then two hours later, I looked in the mirror and saw how orange I was. Which annoyed me greatly because there is a no-refund policy for opened makeup products in Korea. Also, there is absolutely no oil control to this product. The MUA said this has good oil control like Duo Mat (which I originally wanted but Korea doesn't sell that product) but... no... it doesn't. Also, the compact itself feels very flimsy. The MUA even told me that the case breaks easily, so I get worried carrying it around.

I may repurchase it, but.. in two shades lighter.

on 10/9/2015 8:35:00 AM

My new favorite! Easy to apply, doesn't look 'powdery'. My skin has never looked better! A little miracle.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have many acne scars that are a bit faded. I am always looking for a foundation that covers my scars. You can build up coverage with this product but I can not say that it completely covers up my scars (about 90% by itself). I do need to some sort of concealer with this to finish the job. HOWEVER, this is great on my acne-prone skin. It gives somewhat of a light weight feel to it and does create a smooth, even skin texture with a kick of a natural look. I apply it using a kabuki brush instead of the sponge they provide. It also helps to apply it on clean and moisturized skin. I do find myself having to re-apply powder a couple times throughout the day because it does not stay on for long.