Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation

Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation
Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation

3.7

Talc, Mica, CI 77492/Iron Oxides, Diethylhexyl Succinate, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Silica, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Polyethylene, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, Hydrogenated Lecithin, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, Trimyristin, Ximenia Americana Seed Oil, Aluminium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopherol, Water, Stearic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate

on 10/26/2017 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

After they discontinued my Mac careblend powder I’ve been hunting for a new powder foundation. This one was pretty bad. While it doesn’t break me out - I found by midday that I was very greasy looking and it was very patchy. I could prob deal with the greasiness but This has horrible staying power and for that reason alone I would not purchase this powder again.

on 7/22/2017 7:30:00 AM

I've tried a lot of compact powders catered to oily skin, but even Macs blot powder only last for 30 minutes on my skin. I wouldn't say this controls oil, but compared to the other products, this is a tad bit better. Pair it with the MUFE's HD compact powder, you're good to go. It's been awhile since I've used my loreal pressed powder with SPF coz I was in a hurry to apply a sunscreen. After applying the powder, I had to remove it coz it was just so thick, I even used my regular powder brush. Now I realized how I love my Profinish powder, it gives me a bit coverage without looking powdery.

Compared to MAC Studio Finish powder , I would say that the end result was much smoother, and it wore better throughout the day.

I wasn't matched correctly the first time, and it is true that the darker tones do run a bit orange. Once I got better match it looked good, and it didn't go crusty like the MAC powder tends to do.

Granted, I do use the sponge that comes with it, but I use it for spot coverage or touch ups throughout the day.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My lazy day or travel day foundation. FYI, I have hormonal acnes mostly on my chin & jawlines. Acne shows up other than that area, mostly because makeup mishap/bad makeup cleansing techniques.

Pros:
- lightweight
- better result compared to studio fix powder+
- apply quickly & less messy than loose powder

Cons:
- terrible result with built in sponges and my RT face brushes. Cakey, sink into lines (whaatt I have liness alreadyyy), accentuates dryness BUT separates on oilier areas.

- use dense flat kabuki brushes with buffing techniques helped. Start slowly with thin layer then build up to desired coverage!! Buffing and buffing again. Moisturize enough on drier areas. Use matt primer on olier area & thick silicone primer on large pores area. Flawless!

- NOT FOR SETTING A FOUNDATION. Everytime I do this.. Hella cakey and craking and separates and other ugliness and meh meh meh!
Go get a setting powder instead..

- it seems loaded with lots of pore clogging ingredients. Acne getting worse when I use this. I have acne on my clear area too... so sad. I rarely use heavy siliconey primer. I usually only use guerlain primer. So for daily looking I opted for liquid foundie/light bb cream now, and my non-hormonal acne cleared.

- price. There's better compact powder foundie out there with best price. Won't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This powder really is not for oily skin. It comes off after just an hour or two and my face gets all shiny and oily pretty quickly with this compared to other powders that I've tried. It looks blotchy after a couple of hours and settles into my pores, thus accentuating them. This is the worst setting powder that I have used on my skin type.

on 2/12/2017 3:56:00 AM

Love this! Quick and easy! I'm In shade 115 (pink ivory) the shade section is very low (21 love this!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really liked the finish with this product. It took me a while to figure how how to apply it, but eventually I found that really buffing and swirling this in layers gave great coverage without that heavy look that powder foundations can give. I used a Zoeva buffing brush for this. I really do not recommend applying this with the sponge as I found this powder really difficult to blend without a dense bristle brush to really buff the product around. While I found the MAC studio fix powder easier to blend out, I really preferred the end results with the MUFE.

I don't know if I would repurchase though. The reason for this is that it ended up giving me a really orange cast. I know the other reviewers here said that you have to get it in a lighter shade. And I ended up getting this in two shades when I got matched, just in case. But I still couldn't get it to work. The orangey-cast is not a terrible look per se, and I could probably pull it off when I'm wearing fake tan. But I do get rather self-conscious when I'm at work, sitting in an important meeting and catching a glimpse of my face in the computer screen, looking like I should be sitting on a beach somewhere. For the price, I really feel like I shouldn't have to be messing around with such severe oxidising and difficult shade selection anyway! Shame.

on 4/26/2016 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really, really love this!
I was looking for a powder foundation for ages, one that was travel friendly (no loose powder, thanks) and versatile enought that I could wear it lightly if I wanted a more natural look. MAC's studio finish sits too heavy on my face, BareMineral's compact powder foundation (forgot its name) was a NIGHTMARE on my skin, but this, this is just right.
I originally bought a darker colour (120, I think) but it oxidized like crazy and yep, I did end up orangy. But then I changed the colour (2 or 3 shades lighter), and voilá! I still think it's not the perfect colour: I ended up with 117 - golden ivory, and I'm not golden *anything*, but it still work just great!
I use it dry with a kabuki or a buffering brush, like Real Techniques' Expert brush, or Sephora's mineral powder one, and get just the right coverage I want. I've also been known to use it more lightly over a more sheer liquid foundation, just using a less compact brush, and I also like it this way.
I'm definitely buying it again - hopefully in the right colour this time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have combination skin and this foundation is absolutely disastrous for my forehead and T-zone. This powder foundation does provide a flawless coverage, but will wear off after a few hours, even with using a primer first. For these two reasons I cannot recommend this product.

on 11/28/2016 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

If I were an oompa loompa or an orange I'll rate this 5 stars for how it made my face look like, in fact, it's so annoying how orange it oxidised! Shade 118, natural beige swatched ok at first on my NC25-30 face, but after 5 minutes or so - BAM! Orange! I mean I like the colour orange but not as my foundation. (Is this Donald Trump's foundation??)
The finish is incredibly beautiful, has a really natural and healthy looking glow to it. I was playing with it and layering it over and over and it didn't end up cakey, but IT'S. ORANGE. Hence the ideal product for an oompa loompa.
The packaging is atrocious for the SGD$72. The sponge compartment didn't even click with the top foundation compartment. The casing isn't fitted well together, it just feels really cheap for the amount paid for the product.

*Edit: I ended trying this on my sister. Amazingly, it's exactly her skintone and it looks marvellous on her. So I gave it to her. It's amazing how sisters can have such a different skin undertone. Added 2 more stars for this... too bad it doesn't fit me