Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation

Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation
Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation

3.7

Talc, Mica, CI 77492/Iron Oxides, Diethylhexyl Succinate, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Silica, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Polyethylene, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, Hydrogenated Lecithin, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, Trimyristin, Ximenia Americana Seed Oil, Aluminium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopherol, Water, Stearic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate

Compared to MAC Studio Finish powder , I would say that the end result was much smoother, and it wore better throughout the day.

I wasn't matched correctly the first time, and it is true that the darker tones do run a bit orange. Once I got better match it looked good, and it didn't go crusty like the MAC powder tends to do.

Granted, I do use the sponge that comes with it, but I use it for spot coverage or touch ups throughout the day.

on 2/12/2017 3:56:00 AM

Love this! Quick and easy! I'm In shade 115 (pink ivory) the shade section is very low (21 love this!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really liked the finish with this product. It took me a while to figure how how to apply it, but eventually I found that really buffing and swirling this in layers gave great coverage without that heavy look that powder foundations can give. I used a Zoeva buffing brush for this. I really do not recommend applying this with the sponge as I found this powder really difficult to blend without a dense bristle brush to really buff the product around. While I found the MAC studio fix powder easier to blend out, I really preferred the end results with the MUFE.

I don't know if I would repurchase though. The reason for this is that it ended up giving me a really orange cast. I know the other reviewers here said that you have to get it in a lighter shade. And I ended up getting this in two shades when I got matched, just in case. But I still couldn't get it to work. The orangey-cast is not a terrible look per se, and I could probably pull it off when I'm wearing fake tan. But I do get rather self-conscious when I'm at work, sitting in an important meeting and catching a glimpse of my face in the computer screen, looking like I should be sitting on a beach somewhere. For the price, I really feel like I shouldn't have to be messing around with such severe oxidising and difficult shade selection anyway! Shame.

on 11/28/2016 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

If I were an oompa loompa or an orange I'll rate this 5 stars for how it made my face look like, in fact, it's so annoying how orange it oxidised! Shade 118, natural beige swatched ok at first on my NC25-30 face, but after 5 minutes or so - BAM! Orange! I mean I like the colour orange but not as my foundation. (Is this Donald Trump's foundation??)
The finish is incredibly beautiful, has a really natural and healthy looking glow to it. I was playing with it and layering it over and over and it didn't end up cakey, but IT'S. ORANGE. Hence the ideal product for an oompa loompa.
The packaging is atrocious for the SGD$72. The sponge compartment didn't even click with the top foundation compartment. The casing isn't fitted well together, it just feels really cheap for the amount paid for the product.

*Edit: I ended trying this on my sister. Amazingly, it's exactly her skintone and it looks marvellous on her. So I gave it to her. It's amazing how sisters can have such a different skin undertone. Added 2 more stars for this... too bad it doesn't fit me

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have combination skin and this foundation is absolutely disastrous for my forehead and T-zone. This powder foundation does provide a flawless coverage, but will wear off after a few hours, even with using a primer first. For these two reasons I cannot recommend this product.

on 4/26/2016 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really, really love this!
I was looking for a powder foundation for ages, one that was travel friendly (no loose powder, thanks) and versatile enought that I could wear it lightly if I wanted a more natural look. MAC's studio finish sits too heavy on my face, BareMineral's compact powder foundation (forgot its name) was a NIGHTMARE on my skin, but this, this is just right.
I originally bought a darker colour (120, I think) but it oxidized like crazy and yep, I did end up orangy. But then I changed the colour (2 or 3 shades lighter), and voilá! I still think it's not the perfect colour: I ended up with 117 - golden ivory, and I'm not golden *anything*, but it still work just great!
I use it dry with a kabuki or a buffering brush, like Real Techniques' Expert brush, or Sephora's mineral powder one, and get just the right coverage I want. I've also been known to use it more lightly over a more sheer liquid foundation, just using a less compact brush, and I also like it this way.
I'm definitely buying it again - hopefully in the right colour this time.

My initial thoughts on this Powder Foundation we're mediocre to say the least. I had purchased this product at my local Sephora for $ 45 Canadian + tax so closer to $ 50. To me the price wasn't much of a concern. However having looked back on this product now.. it's surely not worth the price especially for how it wore.

I was in the mood to search out a NEW Powder Foundation to try out wearing to work. Considering I work as a hospital housekeeper, I needed a product that can wear for 8 + hours, be able to control sweat and slight shine in my T-Zone. Now I would say I have Combination to Normal skin at best it's not too oily in the T-Zone but just slightly.

So I first tried this product on a day off and wore it to do a family photo shoot. I was scared by how orange it looked, but it wasn't that bad in natural day light. It looked good, wore OK and considering that it was summer I touched up 1 time.

I figured I'd try it at my job, first impression was rather shocked. It caked around the creases of my nose, and it looked a bit dry looking. I put it away.. and tried it just the other day at work, to see if there is any difference. Nope.. it wore well on my forehead and cheeks but around my nose and chin it looked like it was wearing off. Not impressed considering I praise MUFE. The best foundation they have and a favourite still is their Face & Body which is # 1 in my books. I switched to Powder Foundation as I found liquids don't hold up as well at work.

Now that I know this product doesn't work as a foundation I will use it as a base under my eyeshadows and it will have a renewed purpose !.

on 12/27/2015 9:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know if there's anything better but this is what I buy again and again. Decent coverage and it doesn't break me out. I use shade porcelain pink and it's almost light enough for me. I find it a little dark but it seems to settle after I apply and blend in pretty well. It doesn't completely cover redness but blends well enough to a porcelain like finish. I wear it over PC tinted moisturizer shade one. A compact lasts about 3 months for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tried this when I was looking for a change from my MAC Studio Fix powder. My friend who is an ethie thought that the MAC was breaking me out. I went to Sephora and was color matched into shade 113. For reference I wear C2 or N4 in Studio Fix and the shade of the 113 is very similar to the C2.

My problems with this are many. First of all, it just is not long-wearing. Even on top of a primer, it is gone or blotchy within a few hours. I want a product I can apply in the morning and maybe touch up in the afternoon. Second of all, it seems to settle into my pores or lines and accentuate them. I've also noticed that it makes my skin a little itchy.

When I first put it on it can look good- very fine texture, slightly matte but satiny. But it doesn't last.

I've applied this with various brushes: kabui brush, foundation brush, and a Missha oval brush. In no case does it work any better.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love it for a natural look!

At first, I didn´t know how to use it and it didn´t work for me with certain brushes or sponges and looked so flaky using it with a primer .

But one day, I tried it with my kabuki brush after applying my moisturizer SPF 15 facial sunscreen Triple performing lotion from Benefit and it worked! ( the dry way to apply it)

For a really satin finish on my skin , this is the wet way to apply it. I spray my face with Aven thermal spring water ( with or without moisturizer, it works better for me without mosturizer) and then I apply this make up in circular motion with a kabuki brush.In this way my skin looks flawless and believe me I ve got the worst skin in the world with big pores and combo skin ( shine in T zone , really dry in other areas).

It´s mineral oil free so it doesn´t block my pores as much as other powders or foundations and having combination skin , it reduces the shin and mattifies giving a bit of glowing in my skin. It´s lightweight and softens the appearence of fine lines. I am 35 and I can´t see as much my wrinkles!

0% silicons.Paraben free. Less talc than other powders. It doesnt look cackey at all ( my skin always looks orange with other make ups but not with this one) and it really works onto my dehydrated combination skin ( no shine at all for hours!).

If you want to cover spots, freckles, you can use the sponge included in the compact.Focus only on the pimple and not the surrounding area. After you are finished , you can blend out to your skin with the kabuki, but do not blend or touch the actual spot or whatever you want to hide.

My shade: 120 ( neutral ivory, natural)
Cons: no SPF sun protection