Tree Hut Tropical Mango Shea Sugar Scrub

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Tree Hut Tropical Mango Shea Sugar Scrub

Price: $

Price: $

Ingredients: Sucrose (Sugar), Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Silica, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit, Butyrospermium Parkii (Shea Butter), Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Fragrance, Jojoba Esters, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Red 30, Talc, Iron Oxides.

on 8/21/2016 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Um...how did I go all these years without ever bothering to try this??? These sugar scrubs are amazing!!!

I used to waltz right on by this brand/these products when I would come across them at Ulta - tisk tisk, never again... However, I prob. opened and smelled every last one of these the other day, and I can honestly say, they all smelled divine! Didn't matter if they were sugar or salt scrubs, they all were deliciously scented. I decided to settle on one to give it a try-out, and I settled on Tropical Mango Sugar Scrub.

I adore this scrub. It is not overly oily like many other affordable drug store brands tend to be. It exfoliated my dry skin very well - thoroughly yet gently. It leaves my skin feeling soft and lightly moisturized, yet leaves no film behind at all. The scent is delish, and it remains on the skin ever so slightly; just enough to be refreshing but not overbearing (so it won't interfere with lotions and perfumes). Another thing about the scent: It's not sickly sweet and fake like so many others (Body Shop, yeah, I am looking at you!). From the effect on my skin to the scent, this leaves me feeling fresh and pampered. I am now a convert, a huge fan.

I will prob. purchase many others of these bc they all seem to be incredibly high quality. I can honestly say that these scrubs put quite a few of my high end and very expensive sugar scrubs to shame. This scrub beats out my scrubs from Fresh easy (which cost me $39-$45 each).

I am giving this scrub 5 stars not because it's the best in existence, but because it's the best which exists for under $30 AND it is only $7 bux. That's incredible! I can't wait to try more of these in every single available formulation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this in Ulta on my last trip to the US (yep, yet another product and store we don't have in the UK) and I think it cost me around $9.00 (equating to about 6.00). I bought it mainly for the scent which is an amazing mix of tangy mango and sweet sugar, but didn't expect to get anything much in the way of results as in the pot it looked quite unassuming. How wrong can one person be?! I fell in love with this the first time I used it. It exfoliates like a dream, leaves my skin wonderfully soft (so much so that I don't have to moisturise afterwards) and it smells AMAZING. I wasn't frugal when using it either and yet it still managed to last me a good couple of months, meaning this is by far the best value for money scrub I've purchased in a long time.

My only slight criticism with this is the design of the tub. I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture, but the top is shaped so that the opening is significantly smaller than the rest of the pot. This might not sound like much of an issue, but it means some of the scrub gets stuck in the corners at the top of the pot making it difficult to get out (especially when your hands are wet or already covered in the scrub). I didn't waste a huge amount because of this, but there was definitely some product left over which I just couldn't reach because of the pot's design.

I'm heading back to the States in a few months' time and will definitely be going out of my way to stock up on this (I understand it's also available in Target and WalMart). I just wish they would stock it in the UK (like many other US-based products I've tried).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This scrub is definitely a luxurious bath item! I don't exfoliate my whole body daily, I just exfoliate my acne-prone body areas with Alba Botanica's Salicylic Acid Face & Body Scrub daily. I'll use this twice a week or once every two weeks when I'm in the mood to pamper myself. I'm new to the whole Body Scrubs deal going on & when I saw all of the other scents Tree Hut had to offer it scared me a lot so I went with a fruity smell I thought was safe. This Mango scrub literally makes my mouth water every single time I use it, such a yummy citrus scent! This scrub is really thick & takes a few good minutes before all of the grains are washed off of me & my shower but afterwards my skin is left feeling so smooth & silky :) I'll probably buy something else when this tub runs out just to see what other fun is out there but if all else fails I'll definitely go back to this.

UPDATE: This broke out my cleavage pretty bad after a while & since then I've figured out that sugar on my acne-prone body areas just doesn't work well. Great for the rest of my lower body though!

on 5/6/2014 11:39:00 AM

This smells like heaven, I use it all over to get super smooth, happy skin. It has lots of natural ingredients at one hell of a deal price. Tree hut is the only scrub I'll be buying for now on, found this on sale and I'm converted. I even use this on my back which is sensitive and it helps clear up break outs and get rid of shampoo residue from washing my hair. This is a must have for me for every bath/shower for that purpose.