Tree Hut Tropical Mango Shea Sugar Scrub

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Tree Hut Tropical Mango Shea Sugar Scrub

Ingredients: Sucrose (Sugar), Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Silica, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit, Butyrospermium Parkii (Shea Butter), Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Fragrance, Jojoba Esters, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Red 30, Talc, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this in Ulta on my last trip to the US (yep, yet another product and store we don't have in the UK) and I think it cost me around $9.00 (equating to about 6.00). I bought it mainly for the scent which is an amazing mix of tangy mango and sweet sugar, but didn't expect to get anything much in the way of results as in the pot it looked quite unassuming. How wrong can one person be?! I fell in love with this the first time I used it. It exfoliates like a dream, leaves my skin wonderfully soft (so much so that I don't have to moisturise afterwards) and it smells AMAZING. I wasn't frugal when using it either and yet it still managed to last me a good couple of months, meaning this is by far the best value for money scrub I've purchased in a long time.

My only slight criticism with this is the design of the tub. I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture, but the top is shaped so that the opening is significantly smaller than the rest of the pot. This might not sound like much of an issue, but it means some of the scrub gets stuck in the corners at the top of the pot making it difficult to get out (especially when your hands are wet or already covered in the scrub). I didn't waste a huge amount because of this, but there was definitely some product left over which I just couldn't reach because of the pot's design.

I'm heading back to the States in a few months' time and will definitely be going out of my way to stock up on this (I understand it's also available in Target and WalMart). I just wish they would stock it in the UK (like many other US-based products I've tried).

on 7/3/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was a great scrub! I will definitely repurchase this one or another scent by Tree Hut when I run out of my other scrubs.

This scrub is nice and gritty without being too harsh on the skin. It also is not too oily so I don't feel like I'm going to slide around my shower when I use it. I don't always like fruity smells but I love the mango scent of this. I used this once or twice per week to exfoliate my body and it left my skin soft and smooth.