Orly Hawaiian Punch

Orly Hawaiian Punch

3.3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Hawaiian Punch is a magenta shade, with pink shimmer in the formula which also has a blue flash in certain lighting. It is a near-exact dupe for Wild Life; a discontinued polish in Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear line - Hawaiian Punch is just a touch lighter.

I wanted to write a review for Hawaiian Punch as it has an amazing formula. It is smooth to apply, leaving no bubbles or streaks. It is highly pigmented, so you really only need one coat (though I usually wear two coats just because it's become automatic to do so). I was also impressed with the drying time; within two minutes after application it was touch dry.

Here's my usual statement; Using both base and top coats nail polish will generally last me around two to four days with only minimal tip wear; but I'm tough on my hands and nails (self powered wheelchair user), so whatever I wear will probably last longer on other people.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This color looks nice but its too dark on my skin tone. I like something a little lighter.

on 1/27/2013 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a basic hot pink with tiny flecks of pink shimmer. The formula on this one is weird to me. When I painted the first few strokes onto my nails, I noticed it kind of dried super fast and was thin. It didn't appear "wet" even wih 2 coats. I added Orly "Fifty Four" over top, which is a clear/pink base with pink shimmer. I followed with quick dry topcoat and it was a cute look. It did chip off the very next day, which was a bummer. I wouldn't buy this shade again because the formula is weird.

Popular Polishes