Boots Botanics All Bright Gentle Cleansing Cream

Boots  Botanics All Bright Gentle Cleansing Cream

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The texture of this cleanser is very nice: it's thicker than a cleansing milk, but not heavy or greasy like other cream cleansers. The floral scent is AMAZING. I don't know what it is...hibiscus? All I know is, I wish more skincare products smelled like this.

And now for the bad: this does NOT remove my makeup. At all. My face started breaking out around my cheeks after using this cleanser for a few weeks, so I started using it in the shower in hopes of getting a deeper clean and a better rinse. Instead, I emerged from the shower with foundation and mascara smeared across my face. So disappointing! I then started using it to clean my makeup brushes, and that didn't work at all either. Sadly I had to toss this cleanser and will not repurchase, despite the amazing scent.

on 1/27/2015 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because it was on sale and I wanted to see how it performed versus my (knock-off) Cetaphil. Like others, I found that as a makeup remover (despite advertising itself as such!), it wasn't super effective, or at least I have to use a LOT of it or do a double cleanse to get satisfactory results. HOWEVER, as a morning cleanser on dry OR wet skin, it's totally lovely. The texture is creamy but not super thick, and it has a nice "slip" to it, which is good if I want to use it for a more lengthy de-puffing massage. It smells nice (but in no way overpowering), rinses clean, and is totally non-irritating on my eyes--though of course, your mileage may vary. I may repurchase if I find a great sale, but otherwise I will continue on with my fake-Cetaphil. :)

on 1/23/2015 10:41:00 PM

I swapped for this cleanser as I used to love the Botanics range when I lived in the UK.

This is an opaque white cream which spreads easily and removes makeup really well (even long lasting foundation). I apply this to dry skin, massage for 30 seconds or so, then remove with a damp microfiber cloth. I do use a separate two-phase eye-makeup remover to take off my waterproof eyeliner and mascara though, so I canít review how this works for eye makeup.

I am very pleased with how this cleanses, it works much better than the last cleanser I was using (Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Purifying Cream Cleanser) which took several applications to remove makeup.

I have noticed that my skin feels a little dry after a while though so I am still looking for a HG cream cleanser. But this is something I would definitely consider purchasing again if I canít find anything better. For reference my skin is dry on my undereye area and cheeks, normal on my forehead and very oily on my nose and chin.

on 5/5/2014 9:51:00 PM

This stuff was a thumbs down. I was lured in by a sale price and the organic aspect, but this cleanser simply doesn't do it's job. I feel like this wash is like that lazy employee you keep around because you already hired them, and you're just waiting for the replacement. I have to use an enormous amount of product to get my face clean. I use over a quarter sized amount, apply all over, rinse, and repeat with the same amount, and sometimes my face still isn't clean. I started breaking out more after using this. I would look in the mirror and literally see my pores clogged with my makeup still in it.
I kept this stuff because I hate throwing out anything I spent more than $5 on, but I use it once to "kind of" clean my face, then use neutorgena grapefruit to do the actual job, which is kind of sad.

on 7/15/2013 6:42:00 PM

It feels nice on the skin, not stripping at all. It didn't give me any skin problems, but it also wasn't very good at removing makeup. I may use it up just to not waste it, but really not a makeup remover.

on 5/21/2013 11:49:00 AM

I love this stuff! It has a great consistency, very milky and light but it does a great job of cleansing your face and doesn't leave it dry at all! Unfortunently I think they discontinued this recently or changed the formula because I couldn't find the exact product when I went to repurchase it at Target.

on 5/3/2013 3:47:00 AM

I was skeptical about this product as it was so cheap, but after trying my fair share of expensive products and having very bad results I thought I'd give it a go. I was very pleasantly surprised. It feels lovely on my skin and it very gentle - zero irritation to my very sensitive skin. Cleanses very well and removes make up better than any cleanser I've used before.

Actually made my dull skin brighter without irritating my skin.
Easy to use, the simple packaging makes it easy to get the exact amount of cream that I want.
Removes most make up, except some mascara.
Good quality for a reasonable price, I'm really impressed.