Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm-Sweet Violet

No Image

3.9

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/11/2017 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this balm! It applies like a dream, zero tug. There is a waxy smell that lasts about 5-10 minutes after application--not great, but not horrible either. I observed no taste whatsoever. The color is lovely, a very sheer plummy-pink that is far more a hint of tint rather than an actual tint. The finish is glossy and it feels amazing on--so soft and moisturizing. It is not terribly tenacious, but few balms are so I won't knock it for that. All in all, this is a lovely balm that I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been obsessed with these tinted lip balms for awhile now. On no makeup days (which is the majority of the time) I will slap one of these on my lips for some color along with some sunscreen/moisturizer and call it good. They are so moisturizing and feel really nice on the lips, and give just the right amount of color. They also work well with other lip products (i.e. under lip gloss, or over a lip pencil). Sweet Violet is one of my favorites, a beautiful plummy pink that I reach for a lot in the fall and winter. I have already purchased a back up. Love.

on 2/29/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just found out that this is what they use on Rosemary in" When Calls the Heart"...the makeup artist did a periscope about it. I wish it looked as amazing on me as it does on the Rosemary character. I wanted to love this but it felt kind of average. It isn't bad, it isn't great. I will keep working with it to see if I can make it click with me. It is a violet skewing pink. The smell is quite plastic like.

on 4/18/2014 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Took a risk on the violet color, as I usually stick to very neutral or coral tones (which complement my fair, neutral skin, blonde hair, and green eyes).

Glad I did...the color is beautiful; sheer (gets sheerer after a few minutes, so don't be afraid to apply quite a bit at first); just the right pop of violet with a neutral eye and bronzer or violet toned/neutral blush.

I keep it in my purse because I hate sticky lip gloss (even though it looks good, it's usually only for less than a minute) and I don't always like to wear lipstick. Love to have this for a quick pop of color I don't have to worry about overapplying. Perfect for spring! Brightens up my face, and not too clownish for my 30 year old professional day job :)

Only gripe: Gets a little gritty...maybe it's drying up? Don't know. Not as moisturizing as the Nourishing Mango lip balm.

on 6/14/2013 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Smell like plum+plastic. When you first apply it, it taste like bubble gum, then plum, but with a nasty waxy taste ugh... it is pretty pigmented and gives a soft violet color to your lips. however, this is just too freaking expensive for a tinted lip balm! almost 8 dollars! def. not worth it

on 5/20/2013 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Having fallen in love with the Hibiscus shade in these products, I wanted to try a completely different shade. I saw the new shades had come out and decided to give Sweet Violet a try. The packaging would lead you to believe this to be a very bright purple-ish shade but its actually a very soft, sheer berry. Although Hibiscus is still my favorite of the 2, I do really like this as my lips are heavily pigmented naturally and this shade gives them just the right amount of color without being too bright or overwhelming. I also agree with the prior reviewer that if you're looking for a lot of pigment, try the Red dalia shade.

on 1/27/2013 3:01:00 PM

This is one of the 3 new colors--a coolish pink-violet, nice for spring. My problem with these new shades is that they are sheerer, and I have pale lips that need color. If you do too, try one of the older, darker & pigmented shades, like Red Dahlia.

Popular Lips Products