MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Vintage Selection

MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Vintage Selection

4.9

This is a really pretty colour and the shimmer is to die for. The colour payoff is not that great and by the end of the day there's hardly any colour at all although the glitter stays around. I apply it all over the lid with my finger and sometimes leave it just like that or sometimes use powder shadows. I stayed away from Paint Pots for years because the first one I had dried out within a month so hopefully this will fare better.

on 3/5/2016 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My friend was picking some stuff up at Mac for me and I just wanted her to swatch this shade to see how it looked. She accidentally bought it. And gosh --- am I sure glad she did! This is probably one of the most beautiful pale pink/champagne cream shadows ever. It can be applied so subtly on the lid with a finger -- or built up on the lid with a brush. It brightens up my blue eyes without looking too shimmery. My favorite way to wear this is over a matte base shadow (Groundwork works wonderfully) --- I cover my lid/crease with a matte brown or matte gray or pewter or even Mac Sable. Then I lightly tap this on the center of my lids and blend out with my finger. It just gives the base color a little glisten. I have a ton of powder shadows that can do this as well, but for some reason Vintage Selection does it the best.

on 1/23/2015 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Great subtle option for a quick awake eye look. Just this all over the lid and some mascara. It looks natural but it's bit shimmery so it adds something. I much prefer this over groundwork which I think looks too flat and boring.

on 3/17/2015 12:32:00 PM

I love this color so much! I find that it works for every skin tone since it adds a beautiful not too cold/not too warm glow on your eye. It's perfect for a base color on your eye lid. I definitely recommend this!

on 9/21/2015 4:20:00 AM

this is a gorgeous cream shadow, I use it for whenever I wanna brighten up my eyes.
the shade is gorgeous, and I can use it as a highlighter as well.
a very versatile product and shade.

on 1/28/2015 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

A few months ago I bought my first MAC Paint Pot in Painterly (which I love). I use painterly as a top/concealer on my lids for a natural look on a casual day. But I've waited 6 weeks more for the MAC counter at Kirkcakdie & Steins, to get in Vintage Selection. So pleased with it. Has a slight shimmer, as great as my top eye colour.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

These have a very creamy, smooth consistency that makes application quick and easy. You can apply these with your fingers or a brush, but I prefer my fingers. Of course, with them being a part of the Pro Longwear family, they're incredibly long-lasting. They last for least 14 hours. They're fantastic as just a pretty lid wash, worn with other eyeshadows, or as a base. I haven't tried them with UDPP, but I don't think I need to. These, as I've experienced, are very long lasting!
Vintage Selection is a repromote from the Cham-Pale collection. It's an absolutely beautiful shimmery pink champagne that will look great on every skintone. I think it looks fantastic paired with Urban Decay Smog. It also looks great with Satin Taupe layered on top! I think this one is my favorite!
Each jar is 5g/0.17 oz., retailing for $18.50 each. It sounds pricey, but since a little product goes a very long way, one jar will be sure to last you forever, so it's worth the price.
Would I repurchase? Yes!

on 10/9/2013 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was my first paint pot ever and I loved it from the very beginning. It is really easy to use, especially when you're in a hurry and stills wants a pop of colour in your lids. The colour is gorgeous, lasting power is impressive and it doesn't crease (at least not on me).

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

The first eyeshadow that actually lasts all day long! Love the creamy texture and gorgeous colour, my go-to almost every day :)