MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Paint Pot

Pro Longwear Paint PotPro Longwear Paint Pot

on 1/19/2014 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I use mine (painterly) as a primer and it IS GREAT!!!!

Check out my review at youtube.com/xoKEEBUUxo

Makes your eyeshadow look UUUUUhmazing :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Paint Pots + the Pro Longwear collection? I just HAD to have these. As soon as they were available on the MAC website, I hauled up 6 of the 9 available shades: Chilled on Ice, Let's Skate, Vintage Selection, Frozen Purple, and Antique Diamond. The other shades available are Let Me Pop, Blackground, and Dangerous Curvee. Most of these shades are repromotes from the limited edition Glitter & Ice and Cham-Pale collections. Pro Longwear Paint Pots are permanent!
But you can be sure I'll be picking up the rest of the other shades! For the most part, these are pretty much the same as Paint Pots. They have the same creamy smooth consistency, same formula, same packaging, same amount of product per jar, and same price. Of course, with them being a part of the Pro Longwear family, they're supposed to be longer lasting--and they are. I've been wearing this in Vintage Selection for 14 hours now, and it still looks perfect! They're fantastic as just a pretty lid wash, worn with other eyeshadows, or as a base. I haven't tried them with UDPP, but I don't think I need to. These, as I've experienced, are very long lasting! Paint Pots, on the other hand, last 12 hours on me (without UDPP). So the wear time isn't a drastic difference.
(Update 5 hours later: I use noticed that the ingredients list for this is the exact same as Paint Pots. WTF?!)
There are some shades that could improve on the pigmentation and other shades that are opaque, but for the most part, the color pay-off is pretty good. All the shades also have some kind of frost, glitter, or shimmer in them, so if you're looking for a matte base, get Paint Pots instead. I did wish these came in some good matte shades, though.
Honestly, the difference between these and Paint Pots really isn't very dramatic, so if you already own a number of PPs and you don't need more, then you can pass on these. But if you're a huge PP fan and you're just buying these for the sake of having more shades, or if you don't have any PPs, definitely get them! I love my PLW PPs AND my PPs equally!
Each jar is 5g/0.17 oz., retailing for $18.50 each.
Would I repurchase? Definitely!