MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Paint Pot

Pro Longwear Paint PotPro Longwear Paint Pot

on 8/5/2015 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have three paint pots - Rubenesque, Perky and Vintage and I love them all. These pots are perfect for quick applications in the morning when I'm running late for work, which is every day. I simply put some on my finger and run it over my eyelid up to my crease. If I am feeling fancy I will run a little bronzer or brown eyeshadow over it in the crease. And Im done. As far as long lasting wear goes - they are very long lasting. I have very oily eyelids and by the end of the day the shadow is still there, maybe not as crisp as in the morning, but still very good.

The packaging is pretty but a little clunky if you have more than one in your makeup bag. I would love to see MAC put a bunch of these in a palette. I would buy that in a hot second.

I plan on buying as many other colors as I can. Great product!

on 3/3/2015 6:35:00 AM

I have really oily eyelids, and nothing tends to stay on them for a day. I was just browsing on the MAC website and I saw the paint pots! I read a couple of reviews and decided to purchase 3.

Packaging- I love the packaging of the paint pot, it has screw lid which means you can dip in a brush, or use your finger, I tend to use my finger. The pot itself is glass and a thick bottom and a black lid. I am a little scared that they are glass! I dread to think what would happen if I dropped one!

Formula- The formula of the paint pots is smooth, creamy,velvet like texture with a medium sort of thickness. A little goes a long way with this formula which I love! I have had mine for around 4 months now and the one that I use everyday has a tiny indent.

Wear/Look/Feel- I apply the paint pots with my finger, then sweep over my eye lid. You can use the paint pots as...
Simple eyeshadow by itself
A base for other colours, such as silver for blue or a brown for pinky tones
A general eyeshadow base, pick a shade close to your natural colour and use it as primer.

I have tried all the above and they all work extremely well. They are pigmented and you do not need a lot to see some colour. They are fabulous if like me sometimes you feel lazy so you just want to chuck something on these are perfect for that, they look beautiful on there own, especially a nice pink! They are also super easy to blend with brushes or fingers. I cannot not use them, they are a staple in my makeup collection! As for wear, they stay on my lids all day. Remember I have oily lids! I was very pleased when I learnt that it had stayed on through work. I have sensitive eyes, and I tend to rub my eyes a lot at work as I am constantly staring at a screen. They don't budge much at all when you rub eyes, I am not saying that you can rub really hard and be like ' why isnt it staying on' I am just saying that if you accidentally rub your eyes, it will not be the end of the world!
I have the colours Camel Coat, which I use everyday, Groundwork for when I want a bit more of a darker colour for the day, say a wedding or a day shopping or a lunch date, then I have Constructivist which a lovely deep bronzy brown for nights out, meals out, parties etc.
Mac's descriptions of the paint pots are- A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. The next generation of a popular MAC formula, Paint Pots maintains all the intense traits of its inspiration. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with MAC shadows and liners. Available in satin, cream, frost, and pearl formulas.
I totally agree with how pigmented they are, and I agree that they arent cakey even if you shovel it on! They do blend smoothly and the amount of finishes you can choose from is fab! But please bring some new colours out soon!!

Price- I am 60/40 on the price of these, for 15.50 you get 5g/0.17 us 0z which is a good amount. If you are going to use these as just eye shadows they are expensive, but as primer/base they are cheap as urban decay ones retail for around 19. However the reason I am so happy to pay for these is because they are so versatile. They have so so so so many uses!! You could use a pink shade as blush, a lighter creamy, silvery shade as a highlighter. They look fab on their own, with other paint pots, with other powder eyeshadows and work extremely well with any type of liner, gel, pen or pencil.

Overall- You know that feeling when you have found a product that you just really really really like? Yep, I am getting that now! I can't praise these enough. I am looking at getting some for more shades. I cant wait to get my hands on a nice rosey pink for spring/summer! If you dont want to buy one without try it first, look on ebay! They are usually on there discounted as some people have swatched/tested them :) perfeccct!

Dupe- Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24Hr cream gel shadow- retail at 4.99 at boots. I have tried these and I can say they are a good dupe but they do not compare to the paint pot at all. MAC Paint pot all the way!!