Illamasqua Liv

4.4

This handsdown was my favorite color from the whole line. Illamasqua left Sephora and the llipstick is so pricey- and hard to find except on their site. I literally searched the entire Sephora store for a dupe- nope, there was none. I found my dupe eventually- at Walmart, in Hard Candy Fierce Effects Lipstick 'Heartbreaker'- its creamier, and not as long staying AT ALL- but colorwise it's theh only dupe I've been able to find after months of searching ! I love Illamasqua''s dry, matte' almost powdery look and feel of Liv. There's a 4-5 month of regular use amount per lipstick and it's the most gorgeous, thick -concealer like- coverage you'll find. Overall, it's like Kat Von D's coven except pink- pastel-y with violet pigments. Amazing lipstick, def worth your money.

Disappointed with the formula. Hard to apply, feels waxy, sticky and kinda heavy. Very patchy Bought it because of color. Matts like this one are better liquid. Have exact color dupe from inglot, but with better formula for a fraction of the price.

A must have for pink-lovers. Beautiful icy pink. Would be more suited to paler skin tones. Must exfoliate and use balm before applying as it's very matte. I'm on my second tube and I'll continue buying until it's no longer suits me or looks bad on me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

YES YES and YES.

You don't know how many sephoras I had to go through to finally get a hold of this beauty of a lipstick. Oh my gosh! I'm between a tan and olive skin tone and this lipstick just looks.. ohhhh soooo gorgeous on me! Its loud obnoxious, sexy and I love it (it sold out of like 3 of the sephoras I went to!) And I think this brand is generally hard to find in a lot of stores.

I love this brand, my first fantastic purchase and I can't wait to try other ones (I have underworld in mind!) *cheering on the inside*

this is my favourite illamasqua lipstick. it is a little on the dry side but with the right lip balm under and applied patted on with fingers its a great matte lip colour. this colour isnt for the faint hearted its a pale lavender/bubblegum pink. i apply balm then a nude liner then liv and sometimes pat over a bit of plunge (bright baby pink)

TOP TIP * the best lipbalms to apply under dry matte lipsticks are wax based!
dont use vaseline balm or anything petroleum based its naturally greasy and sits on top of your lips too long so your lipstick will slide right off. and your hair sticks to your lips in the wind (hate that)