NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder

NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder

4.1

silica, polymethyl methacrylate, dimethicone, lauroyl lysine, trimethylsiloxysilicate, glycerin, magnesium silicate, ethylhexylglycerin, tocopheryl acetate, chlorphenesin, polysilicone-2, maris aqua (sea water), aqua (water), barium sulfate, algae (algae extract), phenoxyethanol, alumina, potassium sorbate, citric acid, mica, cl 77891 (titanium dioxide), cl 77491 (iron oxides), cl 77492 (iron oxides)

on 7/22/2016 7:16:00 AM

My HG setting powder!!! It is soooo finely milled and silky, and applies like a dream and ugh...I love this product.

Also I find I don't have to retouch, which is a first. So that was a major win for me.

I've used MAC powders for years and then Manic Panic. Nothing compares to NARS in quality and looks. It sets my makeup so well. Totally recommend this <3

on 6/13/2016 5:49:00 AM

I have dry skin and do not use setting powders all over my face (to not look cakey). But I use this powder to set my under eyes and it's very great.

PS. This will not give you a white cast on photos IF you dont use toooo much. Use it moderately if you are going to take flashphotos.

To Read all 94 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/16/2016 7:25:00 PM

I use this powder to set my under eye concealer (Nars radiant creamy) and it works wonders for keeping it in place all day without looking cakey or powdery!
I apply this in a light layer with the real techniques setting brush and blend the excess away with a fluffier powder brush if necessary. It is completely translucent so will work for all skintones and despite it being marketed as 'light reflecting' I feel like it is more on the mattifying side which I love for adding longevity to my concealer.

PROS
-Long wearing.
-Doesn't look cakey or heavy.
-Blends well.

CONS
-Isn't very light reflecting.
-Price.

on 4/12/2016 10:18:00 PM

I was on a setting powder spree when I bought this and I regret it. Initially, this powder goes on nicely. It blurs all my imperfections and gives you a soft poreless look. Throughout the day, I've found that this accentuates my dry spots. I have combo skin (oily t zone and dry patches around my hairline and corners of my mouth). I've taken a flashback photo to test it and this DEFINITELY causes you to look like a patchy ghost. Not recommended...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using this powder for years, and realized I had never written a review.

I love it. I use it as a finishing powder, and it does a fantastic job of smoothing out skin, and giving it a nice almost soft and silky looking finish. It is incredibly finely milled. The "blur" it creates is subtle, but I think it really looks nice and natural.

It is pricey, but lasts forever. You really only need a very small amount. I tap a little bit onto the cap, swirl a kabuki brush, and apply to my face. I use it as a finishing powder.

It is not an oil control powder, and is better suited to those of us with dry skin. Most powders are much too drying for my already dry, patchy skin. This powder doesn't emphasize any dryness.

It doesn't create any white cast in photos. (other reviewers mentioned this concern) I just use a small amount. It is the kind of powder you very lightly dust on.

To extend my foundation wear time, I like to use hourglass powder, and dust a very light layer of this over the top.

on 2/15/2016 9:14:00 PM

Gorgeous powder. Twice while wearing it in the past week, women who don't even like me asked how I got my skin so flawless. So they weren't flattering me, is what I'm saying. They may like me. I don't like them, though.

the pressed powder is not the same animal. Do not be fooled. Like me.

I read that Sonia Kashuk Glow powder is a cheap, good dupe. I'm trying it soon. If it's not as lovely, I'll spring for this, though. it gives me alabaster skin.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I *LOVE* <3 this product! So worth the money, I was using the Tarte pressed translucent powder before I bought this one and I really wasn't the biggest fan of it, I felt like my skin looked dry and it didn't blur my fine lines & you could defiantly tell I was powdery haha kinda like a ghost! But I used the NARS one last night to go out on the town and I felt flawless! My skin felt healthy and had a small glow of life :) It blurred my fine lines and pores amazingly & it also doesn't cake up under my eyes which is a huge problem I always have. Oh & also it has made my makeup last so much longer than I thought, you really cant go wrong. I have the loose powder one & I heard that the pressed powder one you kind of have to dig a little into the product, almost like taking the small layer off the top so just keep that in mind! Definitely worth the money & so happy I made this purchase! xoxo

on 8/14/2015 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this setting powder. It gave me a soft focus, air brushed look. I have very dry skin that is starting to wrinkle 😞 and this is the only powder that I have tried that doesn't settle into fine lines. I have tried a lot of powders (mufe, smashbox halo, too faced) and this is now my HG powder. As for the price, it's a little on the high side, but I truly believe that you get what you pay for (and this is worth it).

on 7/18/2015 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am new to the world of setting powders and I had high hopes for this particular powder. Its finely milled, easy to work with, and blurs pores.
The deal breaker for me was that I could see small glitter particles when I would look in the mirror. I have no tolerance for any shimmer or glitter on my face since it looks a bit childish on me. My search will continue on. I will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

On the plus side, this lasts practically forever. I've had my container for a least a year or longer and still have a large amount of product remaining. It's also pretty easy to use. Just shake out the merest amount of product into the lid, swoosh a fluffy brush around said lid and then dust face.

On the down side, while I do use it frequently because...well...I really don't know. And yup, that's the problem. I bought it after seeking a solution to getting my foundation to last longer and the Sephora SA recommended it. I'm sure it's probably one of the best products in its class (it's definitely finely-milled!); I just don't perceive much, if any, benefit when I use it.

Frankly, I don't think it makes my makeup last much longer than it would otherwise, improves the look of my skin, or anything else. If I'm to be perfectly honest, I think more often than not, even though I usually just apply a light dusting, it has the effect of making my foundation look more cakey by the end of the day.

I have essentially normal skin that is prone to dehydration (and as such, occasionally chews up foundation when not properly moisturized). For whatever reason, even though my nose isn't particularly oily, foundation tends to disappear from it even when I use this stuff. I guess that's why I use it? Futile hope? Maybe THIS time it will work? (No.)

For comparison's sake, my little jar of E.L.F. HD under-eye setting powder (which cost all of $3 plus tax) produces much more tangible benefits and gets a lot more love from me. So I'm not totally powder-averse. Just not sure what this NARS stuff brings to the table.