NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder

NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder
Light Reflecting Setting PowderLight Reflecting Setting Powder

silica, polymethyl methacrylate, dimethicone, lauroyl lysine, trimethylsiloxysilicate, glycerin, magnesium silicate, ethylhexylglycerin, tocopheryl acetate, chlorphenesin, polysilicone-2, maris aqua (sea water), aqua (water), barium sulfate, algae (algae extract), phenoxyethanol, alumina, potassium sorbate, citric acid, mica, cl 77891 (titanium dioxide), cl 77491 (iron oxides), cl 77492 (iron oxides)

on 2/27/2017 4:07:00 PM

After only two days caused tiny little bumps around where I applied it (forehead, nose and sides of the nose). Felt velvety smooth after putting it on but at what cost? I was very disappointed after reading such great reviews. It has tiny speckles so can't say it's completely matte but the finish is natural. Since I have sensitive acne-prone skin, over the years I did my research and have quite adequate knowledge about cosmetic ingredients in general. Although the package states "non-comedogenic" it contains "algae extract" which is indeed a comedogenic ingredient (scores 5 out of 5 in comedogenic scale). I knew this before I purchased it but after seeing the "non-comedogenic" label I picked it up without further looking at the ingredients list. Huge mistake. I gave 2 points because of the sleek packaging and natural finish but would not repurchase.

on 2/17/2017 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

The product itself is fine and silky, and sets the under eye like a dream. I'm as pale as they come and this product gives me a nice glow wherever I apply it. It does reflect a lot of light though, so if you see any flash photography around girl run for yo life. Overall a great product.

on 12/9/2016 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This setting powder is truly translucent on my gold medium skin tone (NC35). I use a powder puff to press it on my Tzone and it leaves a soft satin-matte finish.

Pores literally disappear, shine is kept in check, and it helps to extend foundation wear. It's so finely milled and leaves my skin feeling AND looking silky smooth.

I chose this Nars because I was looking for a talc-free loose powder; I was tired of the dry matte finish that talc loose powders leave. I wish it wasn't so expensive because I use this everyday to set my Tzone and bake under my eyes and it's running out!

on 7/22/2016 7:16:00 AM

This is okay. It's finely milled and silky, and applies nice but it makes my skin dry. And yeah in photo's I come out white as a ghost.

And it's $54 AU so that's a pretty big con for me for a *just okay* powder.

Would I repurchase? Nah.

on 6/13/2016 5:49:00 AM

I have dry skin and do not use setting powders all over my face (to not look cakey). But I use this powder to set my under eyes and it's very great.

PS. This will not give you a white cast on photos IF you dont use toooo much. Use it moderately if you are going to take flashphotos.

EDIT: Just a tip; dont take of the stick! I took a needle and opened up two holes and that is enough! Otherwise you will have powder everyware when you open the cap. Plus it can be more "travel friendly" that way :)

on 5/16/2016 7:25:00 PM

I use this powder to set my under eye concealer (Nars radiant creamy) and it works wonders for keeping it in place all day without looking cakey or powdery!
I apply this in a light layer with the real techniques setting brush and blend the excess away with a fluffier powder brush if necessary. It is completely translucent so will work for all skintones and despite it being marketed as 'light reflecting' I feel like it is more on the mattifying side which I love for adding longevity to my concealer.

PROS
-Long wearing.
-Doesn't look cakey or heavy.
-Blends well.

CONS
-Isn't very light reflecting.
-Price.

on 4/12/2016 10:18:00 PM

I was on a setting powder spree when I bought this and I regret it. Initially, this powder goes on nicely. It blurs all my imperfections and gives you a soft poreless look. Throughout the day, I've found that this accentuates my dry spots. I have combo skin (oily t zone and dry patches around my hairline and corners of my mouth). I've taken a flashback photo to test it and this DEFINITELY causes you to look like a patchy ghost. Not recommended...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using this powder for years, and realized I had never written a review.

I love it. I use it as a finishing powder, and it does a fantastic job of smoothing out skin, and giving it a nice almost soft and silky looking finish. It is incredibly finely milled. The "blur" it creates is subtle, but I think it really looks nice and natural.

It is pricey, but lasts forever. You really only need a very small amount. I tap a little bit onto the cap, swirl a kabuki brush, and apply to my face. I use it as a finishing powder.

It is not an oil control powder, and is better suited to those of us with dry skin. Most powders are much too drying for my already dry, patchy skin. This powder doesn't emphasize any dryness.

It doesn't create any white cast in photos. (other reviewers mentioned this concern) I just use a small amount. It is the kind of powder you very lightly dust on.

To extend my foundation wear time, I like to use hourglass powder, and dust a very light layer of this over the top.

on 2/15/2016 9:14:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Gorgeous powder. Twice while wearing it in the past week, women who don't even like me asked how I got my skin so flawless. So they weren't flattering me, is what I'm saying. They may like me. I don't like them, though.

the pressed powder is not the same animal. Do not be fooled. Like me.

I read that Sonia Kashuk Glow powder is a cheap, good dupe. I'm trying it soon. If it's not as lovely, I'll spring for this, though. it gives me alabaster skin.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I *LOVE* <3 this product! So worth the money, I was using the Tarte pressed translucent powder before I bought this one and I really wasn't the biggest fan of it, I felt like my skin looked dry and it didn't blur my fine lines & you could defiantly tell I was powdery haha kinda like a ghost! But I used the NARS one last night to go out on the town and I felt flawless! My skin felt healthy and had a small glow of life :) It blurred my fine lines and pores amazingly & it also doesn't cake up under my eyes which is a huge problem I always have. Oh & also it has made my makeup last so much longer than I thought, you really cant go wrong. I have the loose powder one & I heard that the pressed powder one you kind of have to dig a little into the product, almost like taking the small layer off the top so just keep that in mind! Definitely worth the money & so happy I made this purchase! xoxo