NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder

NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder
Best of 2013: NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder Light Reflecting Loose Setting PowderLight Reflecting Loose Setting Powder

4.1

silica, polymethyl methacrylate, dimethicone, lauroyl lysine, trimethylsiloxysilicate, glycerin, magnesium silicate, ethylhexylglycerin, tocopheryl acetate, chlorphenesin, polysilicone-2, maris aqua (sea water), aqua (water), barium sulfate, algae (algae extract), phenoxyethanol, alumina, potassium sorbate, citric acid, mica, cl 77891 (titanium dioxide), cl 77491 (iron oxides), cl 77492 (iron oxides)

on 6/8/2018 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this! I have the pressed version and it diffuses my pores quite well.

on 5/23/2018 3:01:00 AM

This has less acne causing ingredients than other powders. It works great and i have no complaints. I pair this with nars sheer glow. Very natural and nice finish and it doesnt look like i am wearing powder or have that cakey look. I usually only wear this under the eyes, forehead and nose. I try not to go overboard or i do get a heavy feeling if i pile on layers of makeup, so i use a brush and lightly dust where i normally get oily. Also I dont take flash photography, ever. So i cant tell you how i feel about the flashback. This girl on youtube had shown a picture it looked pretty bad but maybe she put too much on? I dont care since im never taking pictures and i rarely ever go out at night (i have a newborn)

this does have a weird smell, kind of like food...lol idk why but if you cant get pass that it has a smell this isnt for u! ive only tried this and the make up for ever one and that one smelled even more weird.also i did not like the mufe because it was more chalky on the skin. that one has talc and i use it to dust onto nars packaging after cleaning them to make it look matte again. Lol tip for you nars packaging lovers out there!

on 1/6/2018 11:24:00 PM

I was waiting forever for a certain powder to come back in stock & it never did so I picked this up @ sephora. Omg!! It works so well and my skin feels so soft & not powdery with it on. I have to be careful to put on a very thin layer because it does look white if I put on too much.

I'd say this product is a bit meh.

It works okay and results in a matte finish

BUT:

- Strong chemical smell, I feel like my skin smells dirty after putting on
- Pricey for what it offers and it really is
- Difficult to adjust sometimes, white-powder flashback in photos

on 10/25/2017 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a nice lightweight finely milled powder that I use mostly for setting my makeup in target areas. I find this jar less messy than MUFE (even w/ the mesh netting) and Macs loose powder that being said this jar is a lot smaller in comparison but still 'can' be messy.. I don't find I get the full cloud of 'puff' I get w/ other powders but I am careful not to dispense more than I need. Given its size, it defin not travel friendly as it's not made to joggle abt during travel- defin mess! As for reflecting particles in this powder, I don't see any but I do notice 'flashback' in flash photography YIKES!... go lighthanded if you know you're having photos taken. I like this powder best cuz it leaves a fab matte finish and is long wearing. I need very little product as it does cling to fine lines, so a small amt of product and a light thorough dusting to targeted areas is needed for me (plus a spritz of face mist). Therefore this powder will last me a long time as most loose powders do. Overall a very good product for its use, 1 lippie off for photo flashback- personal pet peeve!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This one has a nice matte finish and really locks in your base. It's kinda hard to add more base afterwards so make sure you're happy with it before setting. I'd say it has about a 12-hour wear time. It is rather drying, so at the end of the day if you have dryness it will start to show crackles up close. It's works well on very oily skin and if anything a small amount of oil leaks through, but I think that creates a natural highlight/glow. I think dry skin folks would find this too heavy. I also noticed the corn chip smell as well! However it dissipates before you leave the house.

on 6/19/2017 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is such a beautiful loose powder for setting my makeup, I can't believe I haven't written a review on it yet. I have dry skin, so I tend to be really picky with powders and while I do want to take down shine and make my foundation last longer, I want to avoid powdery chalkiness. My main gripe with powders is that they emphasize dryness and make my face look cakey.

This powder is pretty forgiving on the skin and really blurs any imperfections you have on the skin. When I wear this, my face looks so impossibly smooth, and I look like I have NO pores. This makes your face look like smooth porcelain, and the first few times you wear this, you'll catch yourself in the mirror and stare at yourself! It doesn't have an uber flat matte finish, but it's not a luminizing powder by any means. It mattifies slightly while making you look glowing, if you can picture that.. it just makes your skin look healthy and lit-from-within. Out of all the powders I have, this also keeps my oils at bay for the longest. The longevity extending powers of this powder, along with its smoothing and perfecting properties, makes it perfect for events and photography. It's undetectable and I get zero flashback with this.

on 6/11/2017 2:53:00 AM

MY NUMBER ONE POWDER !!! This beats Laura Mercier and by terry and cover fx and everything else in my collection!! This is gorgeous. I'm in love it makes my skin look it's best and smoothies out my texture and pores beautifully and is matte but not flat at all !! It's got a slight tiny healthy glow but it's so so subtle and not fake looking at all, makes you look super healthy and lit from within but also matte and perfected at the same time. I can't even explain it. This is sooooo under rated I don't hear enough people talk about this. Best purchase I've made this year.

on 2/17/2017 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

The product itself is fine and silky, and sets the under eye like a dream. I'm as pale as they come and this product gives me a nice glow wherever I apply it. It does reflect a lot of light though, so if you see any flash photography around girl run for yo life. Overall a great product.

on 2/27/2017 4:07:00 PM

After only two days caused tiny little bumps around where I applied it (forehead, nose and sides of the nose). Felt velvety smooth after putting it on but at what cost? I was very disappointed after reading such great reviews. It has tiny speckles so can't say it's completely matte but the finish is natural. Since I have sensitive acne-prone skin, over the years I did my research and have quite adequate knowledge about cosmetic ingredients in general. Although the package states "non-comedogenic" it contains "algae extract" which is indeed a comedogenic ingredient (scores 5 out of 5 in comedogenic scale). I knew this before I purchased it but after seeing the "non-comedogenic" label I picked it up without further looking at the ingredients list. Huge mistake. I gave 2 points because of the sleek packaging and natural finish but would not repurchase.