63%

$37.00 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

7 years ago

Still not sure how i feel about this. I had been using the pressed version of bare escentuals mineral veil and really like it. but since I had heard so much about this powder, i had to buy and try it out. honestly, i'm not really sure if it's any better or worse than my mineral veil. I think for the price, i'll just stick to my mineral veil if i ever run out of nars lrp since i can't tell that it's significantly better.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

from

7 years ago

I like this setting powder, It is good at keeping my face oil free, so good that it is slightly on the over-drying side. I did not really notice the light reflecting effect, but did notice it leaves the face looking paler. Not my HG and will not be repurchasing.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3.0

7 years ago

I bought this with the hopes of a smooth, non cakey look and find it creates a ghostly look. I used it soooo lightly just to subdue any shiny areas and I still am not happy with the final results. It appears to take away the dewy look from my foundation.I will keep trying using different methods in hopes to achieve a polished look and not feeling like I wasted alot of money. If I can't get that effect its back to my GA micro.

About reviewer (319 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Fine

EyesOther

3.0
from

7 years ago

I bought this powder in February, and was reasonably pleased with the finish and the fact that it doesn't aggravate my sensitive skin. Now I am on vacation in the Caribbean, and I brought the powder thinking it would be a good choice in the heat and humidity. Not so, and I will be interested to read more reviews as the weather heats up everywhere. It does strange tricks, this powder. About a half hour after application, my face look like a total oil slick, yet my face feels totally matte. It's really, really strange. The oily look is not flattering on me. I think I will stick with my MAC Blot in the hotter weather. I will use this up in the cooler months, just to use it up, but to be honest I really don't find it any more special than other powders I've used. Tip: When you open the powder for the first time, don't completely peel off the little sticker over the shaker holes. Just peel it halfway off and that way you won't have too much spilling out and making a mess.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

7 years ago

I have nothing but praise for this product. At first I thought this whole reflecting powder thing was a gimmick but wow this stuff is incredible. I feel like a million dollars when I wear this over my makeup. It gives my dry and dull (NC37) skin this instant glow without being obvious and powdery. I was fearful that like most translucent powders, it would show up white but rest assured it doesn't!. I've tried this on my mother's mature (nc42) skin and it looks great. This is one product I would recommend to everyone, it is definitely worth the investment!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Tan

HairBlack

7 years ago

I bought the loose one and it is very moisturizing. Even after washing my face, my face is still hydrated. My only negative would be that it seemed to lighten my face with a slight whiteish cast.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

This is for the loose powder. I got this because I read somewhere that it's not drying. I need something like that because I'm on retin-A treatment and that dries my skin like nothing else. I like this a lot. It holds shine at bay for a looooong time, but it does not make me look powdery. I like it better than MUFE HD powder because that one is somehow very slippery (sounds goofy, but that's the best way I can explain it). I have to pile blush on to get any color. Don't get that with NARS's powder. No color at all and no smell. No glitter, either. Expensive, but worth it.

About reviewer (703 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

7 years ago

I am probably the oiliest person one will ever encounter, so my results from this powder may differ from others. I bought this in the loose version. I'm always on the hunt for the next product that will control my oil for at least 2 hours without blotting. However, this product makes me much more oily. After immediate application, skin looks great! However, after around 1-2 hrs, I look more oily than I would with my regular setting powder. For now, I use this powder exclusively under my eyes (I have hereditary eye bags that create shadows). This powder minimizes all the shadows and lines, which is why I will repurchase if I ever run out.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

7 years ago

I hate to be the lone dissenting voice to bring down the rating on such a beloved new product, but I wasn't totally thrilled with this powder. To be fair, I had wanted to purchase the PRESSED version (which is finally now back in stock) but they were sold out so I got the loose version because I was just itching to try this powder, based on the glowing claims made by NARS for how new and wonderful this powder is. To be perfectly honest, I don't find this powder to be any more "magical" than MUFE's HD powder or MAC's Prep+Prime loose setting powder (which I prefer over MUFE) or Tarte loose setting powder. And as another reviewer pointed out, this is messy to use, no matter how careful you are....you will still get "poofs" as you open the jar and as you load your brush, etc. I guess this is because it is SO finely milled (a good thing in its way but the downside is the messiness). I don't find the results all that amazing, though I will continue to use this til I finish it but I really am looking forward to picking up the pressed version. If nothing else, at least it will be a whole lot more portable and practical to use. UPDATE: I think I'm actually starting to like this powder more than I did initially. I still don't think I'd repurchase (you get so darned much in the jar and also, I picked up the pressed version - which I much prefer - several days ago) but I am starting to like using it more and on me, it doesn't appear dry or sparkly and just really does seem to "blur" the imperfections a bit. Keeps my nose looking matte pretty much the entire day. And it works really well to set my under-eye concealer (I put a bit on a MAC 224 and tap off any excess and it really does diminish the look of fine lines)

About reviewer (1495 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

7 years ago

I wasn't sure what this powder would do for my skin, as I normally do not use powder. I was curious to try with my combo skin. I applied it over my foundation and had a smooth, pore less finish. No white cast, no powdery look, just perfect. I apply it in the morning and maybe again before going out and the powder does not build up on your skin. Very natural. If you are looking for a finished look, give this a try!

About reviewer (228 reviews)

Age36-43