Urban Decay Theodora Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Urban Decay Theodora Palette
Theodora PaletteTheodora PaletteTheodora Palette

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This palette was actually the first UD make up I bought, mostly because I was so intimidated by the price tags for the individual shadows! I bought this on a whim, because it was such a freakishly good deal (Each shadow is almost twenty bucks a shot, and I get six of them, plus two are duos, and a lip color AND a liner? How can I say no?) and I'm addicted to green and gold shades of shadow.

The shadows themselves apply beautifully-- smooth and highly pigmented. Broken (cream matte) and Jealous (two shades of green) are my personal favorites in this kit-- Broken brightens up my eyes and is a fantastic highlight, and the darkest shade of green in Jealous is a glorious accent color. I was somewhat disappointed in Spell-- not only did the black not quite have the oomph I wanted as a liner, and the gold was nothing that I couldn't find elsewhere and seemed to fade, even with a primer.

Beware I never use. I'm very fair and neutral undertoned, and this shade just makes my eyes look dirty or irritated. Bewitch I will use on rare occasion as a crease color, but not often. Both apply wonderfully and have great color payoff-- they just don't look great on me! West I LOVE using as a liner when I do more "natural" make up that I can't use my standard black eyeliner for. I thought it would do the same thing as Beware and make my eyes look red, but it did nothing of the sort. It makes me feel bewitching and glamorous and I love it.

The matte black liner stays well on skin pigment wise, but it does tend to smudge, so I wouldn't use it on anything other than a smudgy eye. The lip color is beautiful, but just a hair too bright for me. It's also a bit drying, so I would swipe some lip balm on before you apply it.

Over all, I would buy it all over again just for Broken, Jealous, and West. It was a great intro to UD products, but I would highly recommend swatching everything first if you can, just because the shades have surprising undertones that only come out against skin for better or worse.

I bought this and the Glinda palette at the same time and I have been equally impressed with both of them for different reasons. Whereas the Glinda palette creates a perfect, shimmery everyday look, this palette is perfect for a night out. I love anything and everything green, so the green shades in this palette are fabulous and rich. The lip color that comes with it is absolutely beautiful too.