Urban Decay Theodora Palette

Urban Decay Theodora Palette
Theodora PaletteTheodora PaletteTheodora Palette

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool

I have medium/dark skintone and this is amazing on my skin! The greens work perfect with brown eyes. The gold also gives a nice pop. I have to say this palette will probably work on most people, but looks more natural on darker skintones. The lip color is definitely made for tan skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I think this palette is definitely one of my top favourites from urban decay, not quite as brilliant as the Naked range but definitely a close second. I have both Theodora and Glinda but can safely say I'm more a Theodora, purely because I think that Theodora is a more everyday palette compared to Glinda. Anyway onto the review:
Firstly the packaging for this is seriously pretty, which I always fall for stuff that is nicely packaged! It is a tin case which isn't cheap feeling like some of them are and its nice and hygienic clasp case which means if you drop its unlikely to smash everywhere, which is good.
Because Theodora is the bad witch, the colours in the palette reflect this, they are mostly smokey neutrals, apart from 'Broken' (a pale, shimmery cream, perfect highlight colour) & 'Jealous' (this is the half n half shadow, which is two shades of green, a slightly darker jade green and a pale shade of green, presumably to meant to represent green with jealousy). 'Beware' is the only matte shade in the palette, and its a bit like a cork kind of colour, brown but not overly so, with a slight hue of red to it. It makes a really beautiful transition colour in the crease. My two favourite shades are 'Bewitch' & 'West', these are two very versatile shades, 'Bewitch' is like a mix between a brown, a grey and a plum, which makes for a very interesting, deeply pigmented colour. 'West' is more of a deep taupe with purple tones to it. Both are very pigmented and make really beautiful smokey eyes or can be toned down to make a natural everyday look, and you don't have to use them together you can mix them into any look you like. 'Spell' is the final shade, which is another half n half shadow, one half being a shimmery black and the other a shimmery gold. I find UD tend to include a black and a gold in quite a few of their palettes but they are very nice shades and you can incorporate them into certain looks just fine, but they are very glittery, so expect some fallout there.
I think the colour I was most dubious about using was 'Jealous' purely because I never really use green shades, I have green eyes and find that when people with blue eyes use blue shadows or green eyes with green shadows it can wash out the eye colour a little. However I have found that I have used it more than once and I am actually finding it quite enjoyable to use.
The palette also includes the wonderful 24/7glide on eye pencil in zero, which I thought was great because I love this particular shade of black because it is a really deep black and is great for doing smokey looks and using along the waterline, because it lasts a long time.
Also included is the super saturated lip pencil in 'Theodora' which I like to say is a 'stripper heels' shade of red, a very deep cherry. I have very pale skin and find that this shade can look a little overwhelming, on the box where Mila Kunis is wearing it her skin tone is a little warmer than mine and looks a lot better, but I do like to wear this colour on days where I feel a little daring. It is very drying though I find, which is a little annoying.
Overall, if you love neutrals and smokey shades then this is definitely a palette for you. It even comes with a handy card (a bit like in the too faced palettes) to show you how to create a look with the palette. I'd definitely recommend and buy this again because you do get a lot for your money.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Being a Wizard of Oz fan and knowing that Urban Decay's eyeshadows are phenomenal, when I heard that they coming out with palettes for the new Oz movie (can't wait to see it, by the way), I was psyched!
The Theodora Palette is a limited edition palette that comes with eight brand new eyeshadow shades, a travel-sized 24/7 Glide-On Pencil Liner in Zero, and a travel-sized Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Theodora (new shade). These products and shades were chosen with careful consideration to recreate Mila Kunis (Theodora)'s edgy look from the movie Oz.
Below I listed all the shades with their shade description, pigmentation level, and personal notes, when applicable. I marked my favorites with an asterisk (*):
-Broken: Satin light peachy beige (good pigmentation)
-Beware: Matte warm brown (excellent pigmentation)
-Bewitch: Satin chocolate brown (excellent pigmentation)
-West: Metallic red-chocolate brown (excellent pigmentation)
-Spell (left side)*: Black with multi-colored glitter (good pigmentation)
-Spell (right side): Glittery dirty gold (excellent pigmentation) (some fall-out occurs, but it's not as bad as the fall-out in the Glinda palette)
-Jealous (left side): Frosted yellow-toned olive green (excellent pigmentation)
-Jealous (right side): Frosted light warm sage green (excellent pigmentation)
-Zero (24/7 Eyeliner): Black (excellent pigmentation)
-Theodora (Super-Saturated Lip Color): Cherry red with barely-there shimmer (excellent pigmentation)
Like all Urban Decay eyeshadows in general, these eyeshadows have a smooth, blendable formulation, good pigmentation, and last all day without creasing or fading. The only eyeshadow I've had issues with wear with is Spell (right side), which has glitter fall-out. To minimize fall-out, I suggest you wear it on top of a primer or a base, such as UDPP, MAC Paint Pots, or Maybelline Color Tattoos, and tapping off the excess product off your eyeshadow brush prior to applcation. This won't guarantee fall-out prevention, but it will minimize it.
Zero is a classic eyeliner that for the most part lasts all day on me without fading. It smudges just a little bit.
Theodora makes for a fantastic glossy red lippie! This one lasts longer than Glinda does (6 hours) and it has a nice creamy, smooth formulation without any stickiness. If you have dry lips, I recommend you wear lip balm underneath as I find that it's somewhat drying.
The packaging is a sturdy tin case that's similar to Urban Decay's empty Build Your Own eyeshadow palettes. The design on the lid is gorgeous and reflects both Oz and Theodora wonderfully.
I must admit, however, that I'm not too pleased with the eyeshadow shades in this palette. It reminds me greatly of my Wet 'n' Wild Comfort Zone palette, and I feel that the shades can be easily duped and that I already own eyeshadows similar to these. They are, however, well-coordinated, and I can imagine that you can create many different looks with it, but I still prefer the Glinda palette over this.
Of course, this is a personal preference, so don't let me stop you purchasing this, if you like it!
The $50 retail price tag might intimidate you, but considering UD eyeshadows cost $18 each, and it comes with a great quality mini eyeliner and lip color, $50 is a steal!
Would I repurchase? No.