Urban Decay Theodora Palette

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Urban Decay Theodora Palette
Theodora PaletteTheodora PaletteTheodora Palette

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This palette is one of my favorites, I love Urban Decay, and this just makes me love the brand more. The quality of the eyeshadows is great, the colors are great, and the little card that shows you how you can recreate the look is pretty cool. The eyeliner is amazing, like the rest of U.D's eyeliners. The lip pencil is a deep red, it comes out smooth, and the color payoff is great. The packaging is also really good because it snaps shut, so you know it will stay closed. And if the shades run out, you can remove them and replace them with new colors of your choice (or the originals because they are listed on the back with their shade names), so I think that's also a plus for these palettes that Urban Decay has, you can refill them if you need.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This has become one of my favorite palettes. I know some people did not like that it was in the build your own style, but I like the fact that when I finish up the shades, I'll be able to put in different UD shadows. Granted that is provided they don't change the style of the individual shadows again.

I will say that I find myself using the shades Broken, Beware, Bewitch, and West the most often. But I do use Spell and Jealous. I really feel this palette is versatile. You can get a simple day look with Broken and Beware and then go in with Bewitch and West for an evening look. I like satin and shimmer shadows so this is a great palette for me. If you are into mattes, there is only one true matte and that is Beware.

The shades are a nice consistency, great quality that I have come to expect from UD. They are pigmented and blend easily. I wear these over primer and they last all day.

The liner is Zero, is is a basic black liner. I haven't opened that yet since I'm finishing up some other liners, but I used the UD 24/7 pencils before and love them. The lip pencil is nice. I think it is actually F-Bomb from their regular collection. It looks okay on me, I usually don't go for reds. I wish it was in automatic format since I prefer that for jumbo lip pencils.

My husband bought this for me for Valentines Day, and I love it. I've worn it almost every day since. The colors are richly pigmented and butter smooth and there are a nice mix of shimmers and mattes. The glitter shades have much less fall out than in the Glinda palette. This can be used as an everyday subtle eye, or darkened up for a smoky, intense night look. The tin that it comes in is great, and I appreciate that the shadows can be replaced when they are empty or can be switched out if I want to travel with this. The mirror is large, and the eyeliner is one of Urban Decay's best colors. The lip color is a little bright for me, but I tend to apply lip gloss and just use a touch of this and it works well. I think this is a great value when you consider how much just the empty palette costs. Would definitely buy this again or recommend it to others.

on 2/1/2013 1:37:00 AM

Love this palette. I got suckered for the packaging. The quality of the eyeshadows are great. I got both palettes and i think theodora has less fall out than glinda. Although both palette have beautiful shades, i think theodora suits medium to dark skin tones simply because it compliments better, glinda has too many pastel shades. And if you have very pigmented lips, theodora's lip color would suit you better. Lip color is a little bit drier than what i'd like, i wear clarin jolie rouges but for a cherry red lipcolor, it might be better drier in order to avoid color from bleeding. Overall, this is a fantastic palette, great colors, great quality and great value. If i ever use it up or lose it. I would def repurchase.