Urban Decay Theodora Palette

Urban Decay Theodora Palette
Theodora PaletteTheodora PaletteTheodora Palette

1 review

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Being a Wizard of Oz fan and knowing that Urban Decay's eyeshadows are phenomenal, when I heard that they coming out with palettes for the new Oz movie (can't wait to see it, by the way), I was psyched!
The Theodora Palette is a limited edition palette that comes with eight brand new eyeshadow shades, a travel-sized 24/7 Glide-On Pencil Liner in Zero, and a travel-sized Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Theodora (new shade). These products and shades were chosen with careful consideration to recreate Mila Kunis (Theodora)'s edgy look from the movie Oz.
Below I listed all the shades with their shade description, pigmentation level, and personal notes, when applicable. I marked my favorites with an asterisk (*):
-Broken: Satin light peachy beige (good pigmentation)
-Beware: Matte warm brown (excellent pigmentation)
-Bewitch: Satin chocolate brown (excellent pigmentation)
-West: Metallic red-chocolate brown (excellent pigmentation)
-Spell (left side)*: Black with multi-colored glitter (good pigmentation)
-Spell (right side): Glittery dirty gold (excellent pigmentation) (some fall-out occurs, but it's not as bad as the fall-out in the Glinda palette)
-Jealous (left side): Frosted yellow-toned olive green (excellent pigmentation)
-Jealous (right side): Frosted light warm sage green (excellent pigmentation)
-Zero (24/7 Eyeliner): Black (excellent pigmentation)
-Theodora (Super-Saturated Lip Color): Cherry red with barely-there shimmer (excellent pigmentation)
Like all Urban Decay eyeshadows in general, these eyeshadows have a smooth, blendable formulation, good pigmentation, and last all day without creasing or fading. The only eyeshadow I've had issues with wear with is Spell (right side), which has glitter fall-out. To minimize fall-out, I suggest you wear it on top of a primer or a base, such as UDPP, MAC Paint Pots, or Maybelline Color Tattoos, and tapping off the excess product off your eyeshadow brush prior to applcation. This won't guarantee fall-out prevention, but it will minimize it.
Zero is a classic eyeliner that for the most part lasts all day on me without fading. It smudges just a little bit.
Theodora makes for a fantastic glossy red lippie! This one lasts longer than Glinda does (6 hours) and it has a nice creamy, smooth formulation without any stickiness. If you have dry lips, I recommend you wear lip balm underneath as I find that it's somewhat drying.
The packaging is a sturdy tin case that's similar to Urban Decay's empty Build Your Own eyeshadow palettes. The design on the lid is gorgeous and reflects both Oz and Theodora wonderfully.
I must admit, however, that I'm not too pleased with the eyeshadow shades in this palette. It reminds me greatly of my Wet 'n' Wild Comfort Zone palette, and I feel that the shades can be easily duped and that I already own eyeshadows similar to these. They are, however, well-coordinated, and I can imagine that you can create many different looks with it, but I still prefer the Glinda palette over this.
Of course, this is a personal preference, so don't let me stop you purchasing this, if you like it!
The $50 retail price tag might intimidate you, but considering UD eyeshadows cost $18 each, and it comes with a great quality mini eyeliner and lip color, $50 is a steal!
Would I repurchase? No.