Urban Decay Theodora Palette

Urban Decay Theodora Palette
Theodora PaletteTheodora PaletteTheodora Palette

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This palette is one of my favorites, I love Urban Decay, and this just makes me love the brand more. The quality of the eyeshadows is great, the colors are great, and the little card that shows you how you can recreate the look is pretty cool. The eyeliner is amazing, like the rest of U.D's eyeliners. The lip pencil is a deep red, it comes out smooth, and the color payoff is great. The packaging is also really good because it snaps shut, so you know it will stay closed. And if the shades run out, you can remove them and replace them with new colors of your choice (or the originals because they are listed on the back with their shade names), so I think that's also a plus for these palettes that Urban Decay has, you can refill them if you need.

on 2/18/2013 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this palette! First off, I think it is worth the price because you get 6 full size eye shadows (and 8 colors), an eyeliner and a lip color.
Packaging is just amazing, I love that you can pop the shadows out and put other ones, the metal casing is also amazing and the design is gorgeous!
Color selection is amazing, I was looking for a palette with most of these shades and finally found it. The shadows are pigmented, smooth and very easy to blend. I haven't experienced much fallout.
The eyeliner is amazing just like any other ud glide on pencil and the lip color is beautiful, however I don't find it to be long lasting, especially while eating, drinking and talking a lot.
Would certainly recommend this, it is my favorite eye shadow palette!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Being a Wizard of Oz fan and knowing that Urban Decay's eyeshadows are phenomenal, when I heard that they coming out with palettes for the new Oz movie (can't wait to see it, by the way), I was psyched!
The Theodora Palette is a limited edition palette that comes with eight brand new eyeshadow shades, a travel-sized 24/7 Glide-On Pencil Liner in Zero, and a travel-sized Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Theodora (new shade). These products and shades were chosen with careful consideration to recreate Mila Kunis (Theodora)'s edgy look from the movie Oz.
Below I listed all the shades with their shade description, pigmentation level, and personal notes, when applicable. I marked my favorites with an asterisk (*):
-Broken: Satin light peachy beige (good pigmentation)
-Beware: Matte warm brown (excellent pigmentation)
-Bewitch: Satin chocolate brown (excellent pigmentation)
-West: Metallic red-chocolate brown (excellent pigmentation)
-Spell (left side)*: Black with multi-colored glitter (good pigmentation)
-Spell (right side): Glittery dirty gold (excellent pigmentation) (some fall-out occurs, but it's not as bad as the fall-out in the Glinda palette)
-Jealous (left side): Frosted yellow-toned olive green (excellent pigmentation)
-Jealous (right side): Frosted light warm sage green (excellent pigmentation)
-Zero (24/7 Eyeliner): Black (excellent pigmentation)
-Theodora (Super-Saturated Lip Color): Cherry red with barely-there shimmer (excellent pigmentation)
Like all Urban Decay eyeshadows in general, these eyeshadows have a smooth, blendable formulation, good pigmentation, and last all day without creasing or fading. The only eyeshadow I've had issues with wear with is Spell (right side), which has glitter fall-out. To minimize fall-out, I suggest you wear it on top of a primer or a base, such as UDPP, MAC Paint Pots, or Maybelline Color Tattoos, and tapping off the excess product off your eyeshadow brush prior to applcation. This won't guarantee fall-out prevention, but it will minimize it.
Zero is a classic eyeliner that for the most part lasts all day on me without fading. It smudges just a little bit.
Theodora makes for a fantastic glossy red lippie! This one lasts longer than Glinda does (6 hours) and it has a nice creamy, smooth formulation without any stickiness. If you have dry lips, I recommend you wear lip balm underneath as I find that it's somewhat drying.
The packaging is a sturdy tin case that's similar to Urban Decay's empty Build Your Own eyeshadow palettes. The design on the lid is gorgeous and reflects both Oz and Theodora wonderfully.
I must admit, however, that I'm not too pleased with the eyeshadow shades in this palette. It reminds me greatly of my Wet 'n' Wild Comfort Zone palette, and I feel that the shades can be easily duped and that I already own eyeshadows similar to these. They are, however, well-coordinated, and I can imagine that you can create many different looks with it, but I still prefer the Glinda palette over this.
Of course, this is a personal preference, so don't let me stop you purchasing this, if you like it!
The $50 retail price tag might intimidate you, but considering UD eyeshadows cost $18 each, and it comes with a great quality mini eyeliner and lip color, $50 is a steal!
Would I repurchase? No.