3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Very innocent like baby powder, pale pink roses, & spun sugar. A delightful first fragrance for a young lady but I can see an older spinster lady like myself wearing it too. I think this is anti-boy bait both ways so you have very little to worry about in wayward untoward unwanted male attention. The little old lady who sits at the back of the Kingdom Hall wears it. Oh I meant me. The kind of Brother I'd like to attract would appreciate this perfume. I had one fun time finding this, it was ordered on fleabay then it got lost it got found blahhhh & it says "Versus" on it not Versace & "Tester Not For Sale" so I got a refund. Mine was missing the tin not to mention the cap. Mine must be fake. I still enjoy it though. I did not intend to buy a fake. I originally paid USD$20 for this.

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

8 years ago

This is a very light powdery floral. While the first spray comes across as very intensely powdery and spicy, that is just the spicy clove kick of Carnation flowers. In 10 minutes it softens hugely to a very light cloud of sweet baby powder, sugared artificial violets, spicy carnation flowers, and the lightest touch of sweet mandarin. The staying power is not long, only 2 hours on me so you might light to carry in your purse for a top-up every now and then. People with dry skin might find it too fleeting to bother with. I like it but found it a bit thin and linear, and doesn't last. Like a light body spray for a very young girl. I ditched the Baby Rose Jeans and brought the very elegant and more lasting Oscar de la Renta "Rosamor" instead. Rosamor came out the year before Baby Rose Jeans so don't bother with the weaker copy unless you simply can't resist the cute bottle. Fragrance Notes: Note lists on the net for Baby Rose Jeans vary quite alot. Some state long lists of fancy ingredients such as vetiver which aren't there, because vetiver is very long lasting and this perfume disappears after 1 - 2 hours. I think that's just the marketing team trying to shift product. Here's one version I think is more accurate: Top Notes - Mandarin, Bergamot Heart Notes - Carnation, Orris (Iris root), Hyacinth, Lilly of the Valley Base Notes - Sandalwood, Vanilla

About reviewer (1216 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I wore this as a teenager, and after finding my almost empty bottle recently will be buying it again! I know it's not fashionable, and it's a simple sweet scent for a teenage girl - but it's gorgeous. The violet scent is lovely, and the little bergamot note gives it a citrussy spark and stops it from being sickly. A good-mood scent. Sweet in every sense of the word.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

HairRed

EyesBrown

1.0

9 years ago

I hate to say this, but it smelt like cigerettes on me, really flat, burnt and horrid. love versace perfumes, but not this!!!!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

9 years ago

It cute, innocent, adorable, violets with a powdery candy/bubblegum touch. Its very soft and wont stay long. Its like high-end flower scented baby powder.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

10 years ago

An ultra-feminine guilty pleasure. I wear this when I want to smell like my little girl self. (I warned you I felt guilty about it). Not sophisticated but at least it doesn't smell of food. It is soft, sweet, delicate, all baby powder and perfect full flowers. Not edible, but very caress-able.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBrown

10 years ago

It smells exactly like baby powder and roses!!! It's subtle, not strong at all, but with good lasting power. It's a nice scent but just not one of my favs. The bottle & packaging are soooo cute!!!!

About reviewer (73 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

This is a pretty scent for just a casual day out. I love that it comes in a tough little bottle in a metal tin, makes carrying it around very convenient. :) I love using it when I'm in a playful mood. However! Staying power is pretty low. My boyfriend says that he can't smell it after about 2 hours.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

HairBlack

11 years ago

Great scent :) I love sweet and powdery scent so this is a great perfume for me. My bf compliments on it too! Lasting power is great. I like to wear it before going to sleep because i feel so comfortable in bed with this scent :D will repurchase!

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

11 years ago

baby rose jeans, the slightly rarer little sister of the ubiquitous red jeans is well worth investigating if you enjoy truly girly fragrances. its very cheap for starters, i got 50mls for only £9.99. im not crazy about the frosted bottle, its very 90s, but what else do you expect? the fragrance itself if a very delicate, powdery rose scent with a hint of violet. reminds me of pastel colours, lace/frills and sugared almonds. what i like about this scent, is that it is kitsch without being trashy, and super girly without being gourrmand-y - it seems to me that a lot of the modern girly scents have a foody element, which is fine by me but a little common these days. this scent isnt a classic by any means, but its pretty, innocent and fresh.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

HairRed