Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme

Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme
Diorskin Nude BB CremeDiorskin Nude BB Creme

3.8

AQUA (WATER) - METHYL TRIMETHICONE - DIMETHICONE - ALCOHOL - PEG 9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE - BUTYLENE GLYCOL - PHENYL TRIMETHICONE - ISODODECANE - ACRYLATES / DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER - SILICA - GLYCERIN - PHENOXYETHANOL - ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE - DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER - MICA - SODIUM MYRISTOYL GLUTAMATE - STEARIC ACID - DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE - TOCOPHERYL ACETATE - CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT - PROPYLENE CARBONATE - TETRASODIUM EDTA - PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) - MALTODEXTRIN - BHT - ASPALATHUS LINEARIS LEAF EXTRACT - SERICIN - LINALOOL - LIMONENE - BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL - HIBISCUS SABDARIFFA FLOWER EXTRACT - RHODOCHROSITE EXTRACT - MALVA SYLVESTRIS (MALLOW) EXTRACT - HYDROLYZED LINSEED EXTRACT - CITRONELLOL - BALANITES ROXBURGHII SEED OIL - CITRIC ACID - POTASSIUM SORBATE - SORBIC ACID - AJUGA TURKESTANICA EXTRACT. MAY CONTAIN: CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) - CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

on 1/24/2013 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is everything I wanted in a BB creme! I've tried countless BB cremes and nothing really worked for me.
This BB creme:
- blurs imperfections and pores
- light-medium coverage (more so than TM but less than asian BB creams)
- long lasting ... does not break apart near the nose and mouth
- does not look like or feel like i have any base on and just looks like good skin
- dries to a natural finish
- 002 is a perfect match for my NC20-25 coloring
- so far no breakouts and no clogs
- after i remove it at the end of the day, my skin looks fresh
- comes in a tube with a hygienic pump
Some drawbacks include a low SPF, but it's not a big deal for me because I wear an additional sunscreen everyday. It does contain silicones, so those sensitive to it may want to get a sample before purchasing. It is also a bit pricey, at $44 for 1oz. I prefer this to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and Chantecaille Just Skin.

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 2.19%
Ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Alcohol, PEG-9 polymide-thysiloxyethyl dimethicone, Butylene glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isododecane, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Silica, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Mica, Sodium Myristoyl glutamate, Stearic Acid, Disteardimonum Hectorite, Tocopheryl, Acetate, Camellia Sinensis leaf extract, propylene carbonate, tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Maltodextrin, BHT, Aspalathus linearis leaf extract, Sercin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl methylpropional, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Rhodochrosite Extract, Malva Sylvestris (mallow) extract, Hydrolyzed Linseed Extract, Citronellol, Balanites Roxburghii seed oil, Citric acid, potassium sorbate, Sorbic acid, Ajuga Turkestanica extract

on 12/3/2014 2:38:00 PM

I just picked this up the other day (Nordstrom) - the 002 one which is I think the middle one in the pictures here (?) along with the Glow Maximizer primer, the 002 beige nude concealer and the applicator brush she used on me in the store which appears to have an 11 on it. It wasn't cheap but I don't wear foundation every day so it didn't seem that bad under the circumstances and besides the results are frankly worth it for me. Skip the next 2 paragraphs if you aren't interested my history..

I have medium or combination skin, leaning toward dry, especially in winter (bought it in winter). To be honest, I'm 45 and have gone most of my life not wearing foundation. I've always have it and get sucked into buying it but then rarely use it just cause until recently my skin didn't have a lot of issues. So I mainly only wore it to fairly big events. I've always had fair skin but in the last 5 or 10 years it's darkened slightly which is why #2 works best for me. While not a big fan of foundation, I've always used some other things: darken/fill in my eyebrows using a brow brush, and used Mac eyeshadows, mascara, brush-shadow liner and the occasional bronzing powder to get the sun-kissed look. Only sharing all this to give you an idea of the type of makeup-wearer I am which is that I go for the natural look but definitely need it to make my eyes stand out a little.

Ok so what's happening now is lovely, lovely AGE. There are more lines, more shadows, more here and there blotchy things that could stand to be evened out a bit. I just look tired, and 40-something. :( So when I was at Nordstrom perfume-shopping and unhappy with the mirror I came across, I asked the woman helping me where I should go to get the best foundation. She said she's tried almost every product out there and took me to the Dior counter claiming that's what she uses herself. We decided we'd do regular foundation on one side and bb cream one the other to decide which I prefer. She matched the color, cleaned my face and I told her only to put on a basic cream (no antioxidant stuff etc.) and the primer beforehand only cause that's all I do at home (I remembered primers help a lot) and I wanted it to be the most like it'll be at home (fyi I use: Kiehl's liquid face soap, Clinique clarifying astringent #2 and Kiehl's face cream for the face, then for the eyes I use Dr. Dennis Gross's Triple Correction eye serum on the lids and Kiehl's avocado eye cream under the eyes).

I was surprised she didn't use a sponge to apply this stuff but the brush method felt good and the results were pretty impressive. Why haven't I been doing this for years?! It was near impossible to tell the difference between the two sides but in the end the side with the bb cream seemed a bit more natural while not looking at all like there was less coverage. If aging didn't happen so damned rapidly in the 40's, I'd say I looked 10 years younger but to be honest I looked 5 or 6 years younger and at 45, that's significantly younger looking! ;) Sorry to be so down on the whole age thing but I'm deep in the loss right now!

Lastly, the other two reasons I went with the bb cream: I only wear "foundation" when going to an event, so don't need it to last all day; and when wearing it outside I think a more natural look in such bright light is a good thing, not to mention the spf.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I am a dark black woman. This BB cream is amazing. It really looks like my skin. This one has peachy undertones so it just glows and makes me look beautiful. I get millions of compliments when I wear it. I don't have problem skin so I just need an enhancer.
I am 54..(Yikes!) lol Anyway....it's hard to find things to match black skin so I highly recommend this one. Last ALL DAY!! Medium coverage, felt very light on my skin.

Really love it!

I think its $36 ( I'm in NJ),

on 5/22/2013 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After reading some of the worst reviews I can only say that they must have changed the formula because having tried "heaven and beyond" I must say this is the best all in one that I've seen:

- It goes on smoothly and without effort on top of my Nuxe Creme Fraiche de Beaute (haven't tried with others yet);
- It stays all day long and does not stain clothes;
- I use the lightest shade and although it's a bit under my natural shade, because it is a bb cream it looks very very natural, gives a healthy and fresh look to my complexion;
- Ok, it does not have an incredible coverage, but for a bb cream covers way more than expected, does the job of even out the complexion, hides the slightly darker shades under the eyes;
- It doesn't "sit" on my expression lines like most foundations do;
- Does not break me out, and almost everything does.
- I noticed that it hides large pores and any redness I might have;
- Very important: it does not make my face oily after a couple of hours (once more, just about everything else starts to shine a lot after a couple of hours), it stays dry and natural all day long;
- Last but not least, after applying it, I get by face very close to the mirror and I can't say if I'm wearing make-up, it's virtual invisible, it's really like my face just better and fresher looking.

on 4/17/2013 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The SA gave me a sample of this when I told her that Dior doesn't make a foundation light enough for me.
This is no exception. The lightest shade is too dark and too pink/orange for my PPP neutral skin.
It also smells like hairspray, which I assume is from all of the alcohol in it. I can't get down with putting something that smells like hairspray on my face.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

On the bright side, this (i'd rather say tinted moisturizer to be more precise) bb cream with light coverage gives a nice glow that doesn't seem greasy and it looks almost like second skin.
Doesn't break out my sensitive combination skin.

The cons: the palest shade 001 is very pink (yellow toned skins will certainly notice it doesn't match their neck), too pricy (practically as expensive as the Nude foundation). lots of ALCOHOL.
It reeks of alcohol, dries out like alcohol does, bringing out all the flaky dry areas you didn't know you had. I exfoliate and moisturize regularly. This cakes and brings out every flake.
I have had similar experiences with alcohol in western bb creams, the asian bb creams never dry me out, illuminate giving a soft focus finish... yet clog my pores.
This, while noncomedogenic, doesn't come close to an asian bb cream in terms of blurring out imperfections or moisturizing. Also, asian formulas provide better coverage, no additional concealer needed. Nude bb cream cannot cover up acne or undereye circles.
The SPF is almost insultingly low for a bb cream. I felt insulted. SPF 10 in this day and age, Dior!!
Certainly won't repurchase because the alcohol makes my skin feel tight and it's a bit too pink for my coloring.
I expected this to be closer in shade to the Nude liquid foundation and certainly not so drying. The Nude liquid contains alcohol as well but seems to be a bit more moisturizing.
So perhaps this would work on oilier skins with pink undertones and no significant imperfections that would require stealthier concealing.

A pity, my hopes were high.

on 12/18/2014 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Me: NW15, combination skin leaning dry, very sensitive, clog-prone.

I dont buy into the belief that BB creams have or should have any skincare benefits; I judge this one by the same criteria Id apply to any tinted moisturiser or light foundation. This one doesnt purport to take care of the skin, only to refine it. Dior describes this as a nude glow skin-perfecting beauty balm and I think it lives up to those claims.

This product has more coverage than the typical tinted moisturiser. Its buildable on me: one layer provides light coverage, enough to even out skintone and blur any blemishes. A second layer covers minor-to-middling imperfections without the need for concealer and imparts a lovely, healthy, pretty glow. I have a couple of spots of hyperpigmentation on my chin/jaw from past blemishes and although it doesnt obscure them completely, it has great light-diffusing properties so they really arent noticeable. The finish is satin and flawless; I do need to powder my T zone when using this (Im not oily but can get a little shiny in this area as the day goes on), but I would expect that with anything but a matte foundation. It drags a little when applied over dry patches. It won't emphasise them but probably isn't emollient enough for dry skin. The wear throughout the day is good. I have gotten 12 hours out of it before worn without primer, but with a light moisturiser: impressive for my skin, which tends to drink foundations. I find it applies most naturally with fingers.

I have the shade 01 (of three I believe, there need to be more options for darker skin) which is a good match for my NW15 skintone, if a little too pink (pink-beige foundations rather than all-out pink suiting me better) but would be too light on anyone much darker than that and likely too dark for anyone lighter. The next shade up, 02, is quite yellow-toned and at least NC20, probably darker. Clearly Dior needs to improve its colour selection in this line. The packaging is minimal but appealing: a shimmery nude-pink tube with a pump dispenser that is very functional, Ive had no problems with it and the tube is designed in such a way that you know when youre running low on product. One pump gets out more than Id use for my whole face, but I like to apply any foundation in light layers. Used in this way most days of the week a single tube has lasted me around a year and a half.

This does have SPF10 (obviously nothing replaces sunscreen) but I find it gives little or no flashback in flash photography. I wore it for my wedding and my skin looked great, not ghostly at all, but I am pretty fair to begin with. Please do test shots if youre hoping to use this for a special occasion.

My skin is extremely sensitive and I was worried about the relatively high level of alcohol in this product but I havent found it irritating at all, nor does it give me the sensitivity rash that I can see but not feel that some products do. No breakouts either. Dior has tried to mitigate the smell of the alcohol by adding a fairly strong floral scent: again this doesnt bother my skin and normally would but it youre sensitive to fragrances or alcohol, please try a sample.

Writing about this foundation has made me realise how fond I am of it. I recommend it to anyone of a similar skintype (not much oilier too dewy - and not a lot drier probably too drying/not emollient enough) and tone. It hasnt sated my curiosity about other light foundations, tinted moisturisers or BB creams, but I would absolutely buy again. UK price 30/30ml (fair to me).

on 2/10/2013 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I loved the previous Dior Nude foundation, and when I ran out I went back to repurchase, but somehow the new version is different and I was not convinced by the colours. So instead, I decided to purchase the brand new BB Creme. I have been wearing it for a week or so and so far I like it. No pore clogging or breakouts whatsoever, coverage falls between sheer and medium and lasts reasonably for about 8 hours. I don't get too oily from it either and it is light and comfortable to wear. It oxidises/darkens a bit after about 15-20 minutes on, but the colour is not unpleasant, especially since it is early February and my skin is deadly pale. I have it in 2 and I am around NC20-25, LM Nude, Dior 020 or 021. Another great product from this range. One lippy off though for including so much alcohol in the formulation.

on 1/26/2013 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this Diorskin Nude BB Crme at Sephora. (I was told it was a Sephora exclusive). I have been using this bb cream for just over a week and I am a fan of this product. This is not a traditional Asian bb cream but a western one. I got this bb cream in shade 002(I am about NC20 -25 right now) and I am happy with the colour match. This colour will work for me in the winter, but I will most likely have to buy a shade darker in the summer time. It is blendable with buildable coverage (light to medium). I find that this bb cream has more coverage than my usual Laura Mericer tinted moisturizer but it is not as heavy as a foundation. It dries to a natural finish and leaves my skin looking brighter. I have dry skin (with mild eczema) so I cannot use this as my sole moisturizer. If you have dry skin, you will need to apply a facial moisturizer first. This bb cream will last me through the workday without breaking down or making my skin dry. Overall, I like this bb cream and I would repurchase.

Pros:
-skins looks brighter
-comes with a pump
-good coverage
-blendable
-lightweight

Cons
-price $44 Cdn
-only 4 shades available

on 7/8/2015 5:46:00 PM

Different people have different expectation for BB creams. To me, it should be a light coverage, natural looking foundation. Diorskin BB cream does exactly that for me. It's a light liquid, dries fast to a sheer and satin finish. 002 is a very good match to my fair Asian skin tone. Overall it gives me a very natural, nude, no make-up look. My freckles still show through. It is buildable to cover more but you do need to use a lot of products. It's not supposed long-lasting but it wears off gradually and doesn't cake up. So I don't mind. But the most amazing thing is that it doesn't crease into my fine lines under my eyes, in fact, the only one that doesn't. Even other Dior, Lancme, Smash Box foundations can't do that.

The main downside is price. At $45 an ounce, it's a lot to pay for a light coverage foundation. I have to use 2 pumps of product to cover the whole face each time. I'm actually on the fence if I would buy again.