Cirque - Lonesome George

Cirque - Lonesome George

4.5

on 1/16/2016 5:10:00 AM

This is a green holographic polish. I bought it as I was looking for a dupe of a discontinued Nubar Reclaim. I bought it on the official Cirque site at the discounted price, so I think Lonesome George is now discontinued too.

Overall, I am impressed by the quality of this polish and therefore wouldn't hesitate to buy more Cirque polishes. But, I didn't like this shade as much as Reclaim. Lonesome George is more emerald green, which is not as flattering on my skin tone. Also in comparison to Reclaim this polish looks more like glitter polish rather than cream when the holo is not visible.

on 1/24/2013 1:26:00 AM

I ordered some nail polishes from Cirque after seeing swatches on a website and fell in love with them. Literally love at first sight.
Quick blurb on the brand first: I think it's important to mention the shipping as it seems like one of the few ways to get access to the polishes. They're from the US and I live in Canada, so I had to order them from the website since I couldn't find them anywhere. Usually that kind of shipping makes me weary, but they clearly put effort into processing and shipping my order quickly (without a hitch I might add!) which made me thrilled. I should add that I feel the shipping cost was quite reasonable especially given how far it was travelling. The polishes are 3F (no toluene, formaldehyde and dibutyl phthalate), they're hand mixed in batches, and they even add organic lavender and clary sage essential oils! (that being said, it won't smell flowery or anything, it still smells like nail polish)
A review of the actual polish; Lonesome George. The colour (a stunning emerald green with holographic tones of blue and yellow) looks breathtaking. The polish goes on easily, and is very opaque after two coats. A third is completely unnecessary. My nails tend to chip very easily (I work with chemicals during the day), but the polishes appeared to last just as long as my usual polishes before chipping. Not a miracle length of time but no shorter either. It has a substantial amount of glitter in it, but was easily removed when I did take it off.
All in all, I'm in love with this brand and I know I'll be ordering more polishes soon. This may be my new favourite!

Popular Polishes