Michael Todd True Organics Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Michael Todd True Organics Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub

3.5

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut RBD) Oil, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Wax Beads, Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Fruit) Pulp Powder, Charcoal, Xanthan Gum (Polysaccharide Gum), Carbomer 980, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui Nut) Oil, Spinacia Oleracea (Spinach) Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Glucolactone, Citric Acid.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This scrub just melts away blackheads and impurities. I love the scent and texture. Despite the coconut oil in it, it doesn't make me break out and leaves my skin super soft and clear. I use this a couple of times a week after cleansing my face. Gently work it in for a minute or two, then rinse thoroughly. When you first start using it, it may make you break out a little as the charcoal draws out impurities. Don't stop using it!!! This really works. It's kind of pricey and only available on the MTTO website. I'm hoping it will become available on other sites at some point .... EDIT 11/2014: Of course MTTO changed the formula of this like they've done with most of their products by now. My first tube (original formula) is the review above, where I gave it 4 lippies. My second tube that I just finished is the current/updated formula; it no longer works and is a goopy mess. I think they took away the precious oils and replaced them with sticky emulsifiers. This scrub no longer melts into the skin and doesn't feel good anymore afterwards. It also takes longer to rinse off. SO SAD!!! I'm reducing it to 1 lippie. I definitely WON'T repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

this is a nice cleanser but nothing spectacular. didn't break me out so that was great. wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

While I don't think this is an incredibly effective scrub (the beads are big and kind of waxy), I think it's an effective everyday cleanser. It cleanses well and is still moisturizing, plus I really like the smell.

on 8/14/2013 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have acne prone skin, but also a little bit of dry skin, and every scrub I've used does its job but leaves me so dry. This one however leaves your skin feeling moisturized and soft. The little beads are'nt too rough and your skin just feels so amazing afterwards.