Michael Todd True Organics Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub

Filtered by age: 25-29
Michael Todd True Organics Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub

4.3

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut RBD) Oil, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Wax Beads, Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Fruit) Pulp Powder, Charcoal, Xanthan Gum (Polysaccharide Gum), Carbomer 980, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui Nut) Oil, Spinacia Oleracea (Spinach) Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Glucolactone, Citric Acid.

on 11/9/2013 12:40:00 PM

I got this as a sample in my Ipsy bag. The first time I used it, I enjoyed it. The product did a nice job of rinsing away all the oil, etc. on my face. The second time I used it, I tried to use it while I still had makeup on. My face felt greasy and unclean afterwards and I had to wash it again. Also, for something that is supposed to be exfoliating, I do not feel or see any exfoliating going on. I had a lot more success with the Derma E Exfoliating Scrub. I am not going to purchase the full-sized product.

I must say I am not a fan of Michael Todd products in general, but this one might make me want to try some more. It is a great exfoliator, gentle yet effective. My skin felt great during and after use

on 4/17/2013 5:19:00 AM

I got this in a kit and I am always a little hesitant to try new scrubs but one week my skin was just not cooperating...it was oily and dry at the same time and I couldn't get anything to apply right over my skin because everything was just sticking to the dry patches. So I was like ok it is time to do a bigger exfoliating job (I used a very gentle scrub like 5 times a week but it is REALLY find and gentle and doesn't always get all the dead skin off)...

I put it on on and it felt very thick and coarse but not too abrasive. I would say the particles were of a medium size but not as jagged or harsh as say St. Ives Apricot scrub...

I scrubbed for about 45 or 60 seconds washed it off and let me tell you. Dry patches GONE, extra oil GONE, my skin felt so smooth and happy lol. It wasn't overly drying like some cleanser/scrubs can be.

Now I would NOT use this everyday. It is too abrasive for that and would eventually irritate or even break capillaries in the skin if you tried scrubbing your face all the time. However it is the perfect scrub for like every maybe 3 days ish just to really get all the junk off your skin.

I have already bought one of these for my mom and a backup for me. Oh and it doesn't smell bad either....in fact it doesn't really have any sort of overwhelming fragrance...just kind has an earthy scent to it in my opinion.