Aesop Geranium Leaf Body Scrub

4.5

I am absolutely in love with the Aseop Geranium range. The scent is so fresh and invigorating.
I use this once a week as recommended. I was tempted to use more than once a week but decided against it. The scrub does a very good job and it lathers a little when you run it across your body. The scrub particles are fantastic for the body, big enough to exfoliate thoroughly. It would be too rough on the face so don't try that.
I feel pampered everytime I use it. Although it is pricey for a scrub, I will keep buying it. It goes a long way since you only need to use it once a week. My skin feels soft and smooth after. To finish the regime, I mix a few drops of the Aseop Geranium treatment oil with the Geranium body balm and apply it to the entire body. This has kept my skin baby soft and smooth and of course, smelling wonderful.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received several samples of this after purchasing the Flight Gift Set for a friend, who adores Aesop.

I use it once per week as recommended. My only regret is that I wish I could use it more often.

Efficacy: It leaves my skin incredibly soft, time after time. My fiancé is left in wonder at the smoothness of my skin, and says it is other-wordly. I feel fresh, cleansed, invigorated. Very pleased.

The website claims: "Geranium Leaf Body Scrub contains two grades of milled Pumice and micronised Bamboo Stem to provide exfoliation, while Geranium Leaf oil soothes and calms the skin. Mandarin and Bergamot oils are included for their ability to purify and disinfect. This scrub is ideal as a weekly deep-cleansing treatment, or for use after waxing or shaving to help avoid ingrown hairs. It comes in a 170mL tube with a shower-friendly flip-top cap.

Geranium Leaf Body Scrub uses two ‘soft’ abrasive agents blended in a precise ratio for ideal exfoliation. The scrub detoxifies and cleanses the body – sloughing away dead surface cells and deeply ingrained grime – without scratching or damaging the skin.

‘Geranium Leaf Body Scrub is a highly effective exfoliant that will not damage the skin. This refreshingly scented scrub will cleanse and stimulate the skin, leaving it perfectly prepared for hydration."

All true. I have a problem with ingrown hairs after shaving, and these have remarkably reduced after exfoliating with this product.

Reactivity: It does not cause my sensitive skin to itch or break out. I did have one or two tiny red patches from the scrubbing, but nothing troubling.

Texture: Beautiful. Not harsh or abrasive - finely milled pumice and bamboo stem suspended in a delightful, cool gel.

Scent: Divine. Divine. Divine. So fresh.

Price: Quite expensive.

Packaging: It's Aesop.

Recommended for: Those seeking luxury and freshness in their shower or bathtub. Those who adore fresh, garden-like scents, and lovely packaging.

I can't wait to buy it. I actually get excited to step into the shower to use this.