Sukin Sensitive Facial Moisturiser

Sukin Sensitive Facial Moisturiser

4.1

Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Ceteareth-20, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (Rose Hip), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Chamomile), Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Vanillin, Vanilla Planifolia Extract.

on 11/15/2017 11:08:00 AM

I have an extremely oily T zone, extremely sensitive and acne prone, 40 year old skin. I use prescription retin A which causes my skin to become extremely dry, flaky and honestly looks awful everywhere but my forehead. I have never left a review for any product before. I have tried countless top rated moisturizers including those recommended by my physician trying to combat the side effects of retina a, to no avail. I live in Canada so the winter dries out my skin to the point I can't use the retina a. I have never found a product like this. My skin does not break out. It feels oily going on but my skin completely soaks it up after a minute. I use it at night 30 minutes after the retin a and in the morning with a sunscreen over it. My skin has NEVER looked this good. Makeup goes on great I'm shockingly less oily on my oil slick of a forehead AND the price was good. Seriously, if you'very struggled for years like me, this stuff is really, really worth a try. I had never hearx of this company, I picked it up on a lark because the store was having a sale and it was for sensitive skin, fully expecting to be let down as usual. Thank God I bought it. Please never stop making this product!

It stung when I first used it, and now it still gives a warm sensation after every application. The pump also dispenses too much product, which sometimes I think is a waste. However, it has a watery texture, which makes it easily spreadable . It is also easily absorbed into my skin and doesn't leave any greasy feeling after that , which is why I love the product! Besides, it doesn't leave my face oily after a long day at work and the scent is just amazing! The botanical extracts does wonders to help boost my mood and calm my senses.

The only con about this product is that it contributed to occasional tiny bumps on my forehead when I use it twice a day. So now I'm only sticking to once a day in the morning after my toner, and it is working just fine!

on 4/18/2017 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this moisturizer in the morning, mainly in spring/summer as I find it not quite enough hydration in winter. However it is easily layered with a serum or oil (I use RHO).

I have combination/sensitive/oily skin which is such a pain to deal with, along with adult acne. I use the entire sensitive range from Sukin as it is affordable, works well, is nothing fancy but does not irritate my skin. I have found to battle my acne the more gentle, nourishing products I use the better.

In the day this is not greasy at all, and I use half a pump for my face. It layers well with sunscreen or on its own.

on 8/27/2016 5:22:00 AM

A really nice light moisturiser for sensitive skin.

As a day moisturiser it works very well, and doesn't irritate the skin at all. Smells lovely, and is very affordable.

I found it made my my foundation blotchy if I wore this underneath, and it wasn't hydrating enough as a night moisturiser. So that's something you may want to consider.

Overall I like this product in the right situation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Broke out with this (itchy, uncomfortable skin) within 2 days.
Going back to Cetaphil.

Smells amazing though!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I only started using this about a month ago but I'm very happy with it thus far. It feels a bit gluey when you're first applying it, but it smooths out very quickly and evenly and feels surprisingly light on the skin. The smell is a bit weird (not flowery or powdery - just neutral) but I'm not mad at it. I have noticed that my t-zone is a bit less oily throughout the day since I started using it, so that's an instant win for me! Overall, I would recommend it for those who need a gentle moisturiser.

on 12/30/2015 10:38:00 PM

Unfortunately, I think this might have been clogging my pores and breaking me out! I finished a container of the Sukin Facial Moisturizer and then brought this Sensitive version to try and have just finished it....I have only just realised now that these moisturizers contain Wheat Germ Oil and Cocoa Seed Butter which can clog pores and cause acne. So I think that I might have found the culprit!

*Pros:

*Contains some beneficial ingredients.

*Absorbs fast.

*Leaves skin matte.

*Has a really nice vanilla scent.

*Cons:

*Contains Wheat Germ Oil which has a comedogenic rating of 5 out of 5!

*Contains Cocoa Seed Butter which has a comedogenic rating of 4.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've used this for a month now and I can say this moisturiser is good. It glides smoothly, organic ingredients, and no harsh chemicals. A little goes a long way because of the consistency. it's slightly thicker than most water-based moisturiser.

Some issues i have with this product is: 1) the pump dispense too much product (even small amount is quite a lot) 2) The price. Slightly pricier (at least in Malaysia) than most drugstore brands. But for the good organic quality, it's worth every penny. 4) Wheat germ oil, shea butter and cocoa seed butter. They're known to clog pores.

But so far this has not aggravate my acne. I do need to blot after some time despite its mattifying features. I feel like it makes my t-zone slightly shinier if i use this with my sunscreen. Nothing a little bit of powder can't fix. Considering it's organic, some people may develop allergy. So patch test is highly recommended. Overall, good quality.

Pros:
- organic (no harsh chemicals)
- good for sensitive/acne-prone skin
- very moisturising (for normal to oily skin)
- beneficial ingredients

Cons:
- dispense too much product
- small bottle
- some pore-clogging ingredients

Repurchase? Still thinking about it.

Update: I don't think this moisturiser is for me anymore. The pore-clogging ingredients give me bad break outs during pms every time. Once i stopped using this my pms break outs are less angry (red & painful) and minimal in number. For those who are not acne-prone, maybe this could be better for you.

on 2/25/2016 5:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It is a great product, I've been only using it for a week but I really like it. It is so affordable. I have combo and super sensitive skin so I decided to give it a try. I was scared of moisturizers at first bc most of the moisturizers I used before either did not hydrate my skin or they were greasy. This moisturizer has a vanilla scent but it's not too much so it's acceptable and kind of appealing too. I usually use half of a pump only bc one full pump will be too much for my combo skin. It is a little bit sticky at first but it absorbs quickly and my skin are plumped and it is really moisturizing.
THE BEST THING IS!!!!!! I suffered from seasonal eczema last week and this moisturizer alleviated it so much!
I want to repurchase it, but I also want to try out their new oil-balancing range bc it is targeted at combo/oily skin.

This moisturizer smells like vanilla ice cream! It's a really light, liquidy formula so a little goes a long way on your face. The pump packaging makes it easy to just squeeze out a tiny bit and the rest stays safely in the tube, nice and sanitary-like. I've noticed it can be just a little greasy - I have noticed a slight shine on my forehead after applying - but that could be something else I use so I won't hold it against Sukin.