Sukin Sensitive Facial Moisturiser

Sukin Sensitive Facial Moisturiser

4.2

Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Ceteareth-20, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (Rose Hip), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Chamomile), Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Vanillin, Vanilla Planifolia Extract.

on 2/25/2016 5:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It is a great product, I've been only using it for a week but I really like it. It is so affordable. I have combo and super sensitive skin so I decided to give it a try. I was scared of moisturizers at first bc most of the moisturizers I used before either did not hydrate my skin or they were greasy. This moisturizer has a vanilla scent but it's not too much so it's acceptable and kind of appealing too. I usually use half of a pump only bc one full pump will be too much for my combo skin. It is a little bit sticky at first but it absorbs quickly and my skin are plumped and it is really moisturizing.
THE BEST THING IS!!!!!! I suffered from seasonal eczema last week and this moisturizer alleviated it so much!
I want to repurchase it, but I also want to try out their new oil-balancing range bc it is targeted at combo/oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've used this for a month now and I can say this moisturiser is great! It glides smoothly, dries out matte, doesn't clog pores, didn't break me out, organic ingredients, and no harsh chemicals. A little goes a long way because of the consistency. it's slightly thicker than most water-based moisturiser.

Some issues i have with this product is: 1) the pump dispense too much product (even small amount is quite a lot) 2) The weird funky smell. It's supposed to be vanilla(?). I'm not a fan of the smell but I don't really mind as it fades quickly. 3) The price. Slightly pricier (at least in Malaysia) than most drugstore brands. But for the good organic quality, it's worth every penny. 4) Wheat germ oil, shea butter and cocoa seed butter. They're known to clog pores.

But so far this has neither aggravate my acne nor increase oil production. I do need to blot after some time despite its mattifying features. I feel like it makes my t-zone slightly shinier if i use this with my sunscreen. Nothing a little bit of powder can't fix. I don't recommend this to those with dry skin. Not sure if it'll be hydrating enough for dry skin. Considering it's organic, some people may develop allergy. So patch test is highly recommended. Overall, good quality.

Pros:
- organic (no harsh chemicals)
- didn't break me out
- dries out matte
- great for sensitive/acne-prone skin
- very moisturising (for normal to oily skin)
- beneficial ingredients

Cons:
- dispense too much product
- weird smell
- small bottle

Repurchase? Still thinking about it.

To Read all 21 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/30/2015 10:38:00 PM

Unfortunately, I think this might have been clogging my pores and breaking me out! I finished a container of the Sukin Facial Moisturizer and then brought this Sensitive version to try and have just finished it....I have only just realised now that these moisturizers contain Wheat Germ Oil and Cocoa Seed Butter which can clog pores and cause acne. So I think that I might have found the culprit!

*Pros:

*Contains some beneficial ingredients.

*Absorbs fast.

*Leaves skin matte.

*Has a really nice vanilla scent.

*Cons:

*Contains Wheat Germ Oil which has a comedogenic rating of 5 out of 5!

*Contains Cocoa Seed Butter which has a comedogenic rating of 4.

on 12/8/2015 9:52:00 PM

AMAZING moisturizer, amazing price too I think. It's made of really good, safe, friendly ingredients.

It finishes matte so it's perfect for daytime. People with dry skin may not find this moisturizing enough, especially for night time, but it is enough for me. I live in a very hot and humid climate and my skin gets really oily at night, so this is perfect. It doesn't break me out. It has a lotion consistency.

The only negative thing I'd say about this is I'm not so crazy about the scent. I can't describe how it smells, I just know I'm not into it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

A phenomenal daytime moisturizer. This is wonderfully moisturizing, while still keeping the skin looking naturally matte. It wears great under makeup (however I don't wear much face makeup). From my experience with this within the past 4 months, this moisturizer has been nothing but great. My skin is extremely sensitive and easily irritated, and the original Sukin moisturizer (in the green and tan packaging) irritated my skin a lot. This sensitive version is perfect and I can't recommend it enough. Its lightweight, very moisturizing, soothing, and calming. It helps to get rid of redness, doesn't break me out, and doesn't irritate my skin at all. I think this would be great for any skin type. The pump too is also a great bonus! Much more hygienic.

2/22/16 UPDATE:
Over a year later and I am still LOVING this moisturizer! I stopped using it for awhile and my skin went haywire. For the life of me I don't know why I stopped using this, it is a godsend for sensitive, dry, dehydrated skin. Sometimes I mix a little bit of Sukin's Purely Ageless Botanical Hydrating Booster oil in with it (just a couple drops), and it adds another layer of moisture for when my skin is extremely dry. Honestly I was stupid to ever have stopped using this moisturizer. Hands down, it is the best. I've used $100 moisturizers, and nothing compares to Sukin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

It's winter now in Australia. I've been looking for a new moisturiser that does not contain silicones. I used neutrogena hydroboost gel in the past and that's used up. While I loved that it provided moisture (reduced my oiliness), dried to a matte finish and did not break me out (I think - but I still got clogged pores, so I'm not sure). Hence, this leads me to find a silicone-free product, just to see if I'm sensitive to it. This is day 1 using it. I use less than half a pump to cover my entire face. It feels like a lotion, but surprisingly it absorbs into my skin without the greasy finish. My face is glowing (NOT oily)!!! It feels soft but not velvety like silicone. So far, I like it. I'm not sure if this is going to be too heavy in summer though´┐Ż I will update again :)

UPDATE: this is day 3 using this moisturiser!! Gosh, this is like one of those products that you buy on a whim because you're hopeless and ready to be disappointed again and BAM! your faith has been restored!!! My skin is so soft now and the best part is it helps with my acne!!! It doesn't clog my pores, my face clears up very quickly and the bumps reduce significantly, it's like it helps to unclog my pores!!! :O I hope this will continue to work and will be my HG! However, I still do get a bit oily after a few hours even though it's winter, but at least my face is clear (I don't even need to wear foundation!). Hopefully, this is just a process and balances out my oiliness in the long term.

Update 11/9/2015: I don't think it helps unclog my pores now. I think I was just getting too excited that it calmed down my acne redness. lol I still think it helps my skin to get the hydration that it needs and more importantly does not break me out. I still got breakout but that's because of PMS and this doesn't really help. But once, I finish my period, my skin returns to normal and this doesn't cause me any problem. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is amazing. I've used it for a year now, this bottle lasts one year! I use a dime's size for the entire face. Oh but this is my DAY TIME moisturizer.

I find it's too drying to use both day and night. This is amazing at keeping my face matte and dry, no oiliness!! Absolutely none! All other moisturizers I've used (a LOT) are either too damaging for my sensitive skin or it makes my skin produce too much oil. The Sukin moisturizer is outstanding!!! 100% perfect!

At night, I use jojoba oil.

on 5/28/2015 9:11:00 PM

I have been using this for about a month day and night. I love that it feels light on the skin and isn't thick or greasy. I have fairly dry skin though so I do have to use a full pump (which is like loonie sized) day and night after I shower. It makes my skin feel very moisturized and flexible. My skin usually feels really tight until I stretch it out with facial expressions during the day. The scent is very soothing and I have had zero issues with this causing breakouts, rashes, blackheads or clogged pores. For me, this cream works great! Only downside is that it is a pretty small bottle for ten dollars and I have to use a lot of the product at the time. But the tradeoff would be a heavyier and greasier cream so I like this option better to get the most moisture. For ten bucks, I'd recommend giving it a try

on 5/24/2015 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is hydrating, feels like water, and glides nicely on the skin.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This moisturiser is light as claimed, and would suit people with normal to oily skin best. I wrote a detailed review here:

No redness after use, but was too light for winter, especially under makeup, where dry patches would still be visible. Worked with multiple layers of the product though.