Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

3.9

on 1/18/2011 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I stopped wearing perfume LONG ago....but after receiving a sample of this with my sephora order, I am in love. I will go and buy the full size bottle. At first I thought maybe I wouldn't spring for the full size because the only thing I don't like about it is the powdery smell in it...but...it really does mesmerize me and I can't resist the smell...I find myself wanting to wear it even if I am staying home...just so I can smell myself....I haven't asked myself out on a date yet but I'm considering it.

on 6/28/2008 7:10:00 PM

I have recently started wearing L de Lolita (I alternate with Pink Sugar, yeah I like the sweet scents!) so I was very interested to see what this was like. The inital application is very green (ivy?) and then the anise/sugar note drifts in. This is an intriguing fragrance, it reminds me of when I got to try absinthe at a party. The licorice/herbal liquor was mixed with water poured over a sugar cube and that's what this scent makes me remember. When I wear this, I feel as if I'm in a garden drinking absinthe. For me, this is a dark romantic perfume, like something Anne Rice's vampires might wear, so I will use this as a night scent, but definitely a wonderful way to get in a decadent mood!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The first time I sniffed this, a few years back, I thought it was strange and unusual, and put the scent strip from Nordstrom in my purse. After a day or so I kept smelling this great scent wafting up, and I tried to find it and I later discovered it was the scent strip that had gotten lodged in one of the inner pockets of my purse. It is a gourmand, sweet, and a very striking one. It has several standout notes that make it so you'll probably either love it or hate it. My husband said (upon the first time I wore it around him) that I smelled like sweet crayons. I think it smells like a fall carnival nearby a wood, magical, sweet, crisp, with earthy and green notes. The base very noticeably contains vetiver; you also cannot miss the licorice, anise seed, almond, and ivy notes in this as well. The standout floral here is violet, mixed with iris. The tonka bean/almond/vanilla/heliotrope in the base make this a very sweet, powdery oriental scent.

Here is the complete list of notes:
Top: Anise seed, licorice, violet
Middle: Ivy, amarena heart (small almond-scented cherry), iris
Base: Tonka bean, almond, vanilla, heliotrope, musk, vetiver

Oh my.. I cant get enough of this. . I feel like sniffing myself over and over.. probably the most mysterious, woodsy and fairytalish fragrance ever.. a mix of liquorice, woods and sweetness in a bottle.. just amazing...

on 9/8/2014 5:38:00 PM

I truly love Lolita Lempicka, such an amazing and unique scent. She has something in common with Angel, but she is definitely her own woman. Why don't I wear her more often? I hesitate to wear to work as people are so polarized about her. She will always be in my top 5 perfumes, a hauntingly beautiful scent.

on 5/31/2013 4:24:00 PM

I was so apprehensive about trying this one, because I hate overly musky scents and I'm not a big licorice fan. I'm happy to report that it was love at first sniff! Lolita Lempicka is a magical, sweet, powdery scent at first;To me, it completely lives up to the whimsy of that gorgeous bottle. It smells like baby powder and delicious, delicious candy (yet it's not juvenile in the least; quite the contrary, it somehow manages to exude sophistication.) The licorice is noticeably there, but it's not obnoxious at all. I suspect that the vanilla is probably responsible for balancing everything out. The musk becomes more noticeable on the dry down, but it's mixed in with the powdery notes well enough that it doesn't interfere with what I love about this fragrance. Everything together forms a scent that is actually quite feminine and heavenly! I tried this on before my shower and now I keep finding things to do around the house to procrastinate, just so I can smell it longer without wasting another spritz from my tester bottle!

That said: my fiancee detests it. He says that it smells exclusively like baby powder and that "it's not attractive at all." Color me crushed. This is definitely a different scent (one of the many things I love about it), so I understand that it's not everyone. I could even see with the musk how some may find it a bit matronly. I keep getting whiffs of it as I type, though, and it's so lovely. I think I may have to buy a bottle anyway. I'll just wear it on nights out with the girls.

on 11/14/2011 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Me and Lolita share a story that begins a long long time ago, practically in 1997 when it was launched and until recently I never thought I would love it.

Well, I was only nine years old then, at the kitchen of the house I lived with my family, drawing the pages of one of my mother's magazines. I still remember the moment I saw the advertisement, it was one of the most charming things ever, a beautiful dryad lying in the dark, enchanting wood... And I smelled the paper strip. I wasn't impressed-I was just a kid after all- but since it's a very memorable scent this very moment is engraved in my memory. The beauty, my mother's magazine, our old kitchen, my family's love somehow were connected with this scent in a magical way... Till this day I feel like having a guardian angel by my side while wearing Lolita...

Since then years came by and every now and then I came across the wonderful picture, always felt a bit emotional and considered the bottle a true piece of art but I never tested the fragrance itself. I don't know why, I might didn't want to connect the smell with my present and break the bound between the scent and my precious childhood memories.

Two years ago a mini of it was offered with a magazine and I couldn't help but purchasing it since I collect perfume miniatures. I remember being anxious while applying a drop on my wrist. I was SO disappointed I couldn't believe it! It was so strong... and green... and potent! Really sad I washed it off and never touched the tiny beauty again.

But another day, a few months later I walked in the mall and passed by the most beautiful bottle I've ever seen, tested on a paper strip and nope, same negative reaction. I was so pissed! How could it happen? Where was the soft, comforting scent I always had on my mind? I gave it a last chance anyway, sprayed lightly in the air, walked through the mist and continued my shopping. As the time came by I noticed an increasingly delightful aura all over me. The longer it stayed the better it smelled and lasted ALL day- I didn't even want to take a shower (well I did at last!)

After all I bought a small bottle to see what happens. It's been almost two years since then and I have to admit I was scared of the initial spray. It's a really really potent combination of anise, ivy and licorice and that's the challenging part. I honestly have to wait two hours for the best part to begin but the drydown... OH LORD, SUCH A DELIGHT! The licorice, the musk, the almond, the vanilla, the praline...! It sounds like a candy shop, but it doesn't smell like that for sure! The particular combination of notes creates such a rich, earthy, not foody-sweet but rather woody-sweet scent I can't get enough of! And it lasts... and lasts... and lasts, exceptional quality perfume!

For me it's a strictly winter scent since it warms me up. You have to appreciate deep, complex scents in order to like this one, I don't think it's meant to be worn by teenagers. And it's unique- I've never smelled something similar. It took a long time to realize it's a masterpiece and extra-precious to me due to the memories. Somehow we're meant to go through rough times and live happily ever after just like in every proper fairytale.. Wearing this magical scent feels like resting on the most comfortable couch you can imagine of, in front of the fireplace with the snow falling outside, before a good sleep full of dreams with fairies and enchanted forests...

''I drew on my distant memories to recreate this intense moment when a girl is waiting to become a woman." Lolita Lempicka.

Charming...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I found some of the prettiest ads for this perfume and uploaded them. This perfume is so whimsical and fabulous. I have loved it since 1997 and even wore a knock off from Avon. lol I was 14! I had to wear that one. I think it was called butterfly. I'll talk about the bottle first, it really seems that Lolita was one of the first to create an interesting and unique bottle. It's a conversation piece and I collect perfume bottles.
The ad's tell alot about it, so take a look at those. The fourth is the newest one.
The perfume notes:
Fresh, Sweet Oriental, Vanilla. Created in 1997, Lolita Lempicka is a refreshing, oriental, woody fragrance. A fragrance of contrasts; baroque and contemporary, curvaceous and strong, enclosed in an apple shaped bottle. With a liquorice accord comprising of aniseed, violet, vanilla and praline with a floral oriental harmony of ivy, iris, amarena, tonka bean, vetiver, and musk. Lolita Lempicka is elegant and voluptuous.

It's one of a kind, there's nothing like it... not after 11 years. I think it's along the same lines as Angel that way. Both are ground breaking in perfume. I don't like Angel, but I love Lolita.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Omg... i hate this with a passion!!! The smell makes me feel so nauseous if anyones wearing it nearby i have to leave the room... its like sickly sweet chocolate but it really hits theback of my throat a bit like petrol fumes would.... no no no.... bottles very pretty but that's about it!

on 4/15/2012 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Sweet, pretty, warm, slightly woodsy, vanilla, anise.

This is a nice feminine fragrance, lasts for most of the day, remains on clothing.

EDIT: From 4 to a 5, this is probably now my signature scent. I've really come to appreciate it. It is sweet and yummy without reeking like food or a baked good, or even just vanilla for that matter. While it is feminine, I don't find it immature or shrieking. It doesn't burn my nose or make me nauseous later in the day. It has warmth to it but is not: spicy, hippy-like, or reminiscent of grandma perfume. It lasts throughout the day not in an overpowering way, but you get little whiffs of it every so often. If you spray it on your neck or chest and hide your nose in your shirt it's a beautiful escape. I really love this perfume. I wish the other body products were not so costly.

Video Reviews & Tutorials