Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

3.7

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a mysteriously sweet scent. It has a great dry down on my skin. Many women recommended it to me as the most delicious, youthful scent, perfect for my twenties; and when I tried it out I just couldn't pass it up. The smell is sweet and musky at the same time, not sickeningly sweet or fruity, definitely not super floral either. It just has a cool balance. I spent $50 on this bottle of perfume when I have like 5 fragrances I need to use up D: But then again, perfume is something I slurge on because it is worth it.
Can we just take a moment to appreciate the bottle? It is absolutely stunning!
Purpley blue crystal apple with golden flower accents. The small twig on the apple is what you press to get the product out of the container. Absolutely stunning and creative.
I took a lippie off the rating because the perfume doesn't have the strong durability I wish it had :(

Thought I had the old formula but it's the new one after all, anywho, the sweetness is young, dark, mysterious, and fairy tale princess lost in a forest-like. It's like making the world around you into an instant fairy tale. Now I'm older and don't reach for it as much but I still consider this a gem for every bohemian girl out there. The bottle is as cute as it gets, too.

Buy again: maybe...leaning toward yes because it's very unique and I'm in love with the adorable bottle. I bought this on a whim after reading numerous reviews because Groupon had it for a steal. I had never smelled it before. I was very nervous about the baby powder some reviewers mentioned, but I took a chance anyway. I like creamy/smooth/powdery scents, not baby powder.
Admittedly, the baby powder smell was strong here, and almost overpowering at first spray. But there was something darker lingering behind the powder that told me to hold off a few minutes before judging. I soon found out that it was the licorice pricking my nose. I DESPISE black licorice as a flavor. HOWEVER, having the scent mixed with the powder, the final smell worked for me. It's sweet, but not like candy or caramel. It's more like a powdered Dr. Pepper or Coke...or a powdered licorice-flavored jelly bean. At least that's how this perfume worked on me.
I have the parfum version and it is very strong. One spray on one wrist, dabbed on the other, and that's about all I can take.

I can see why people hate it, just as much as I can see why people love it. It's really a "to each her own" kind of perfume.
If you hate it, it's still super cute on a vanity or perfume tray.

Update (next day): By the end of the day yesterday, I was ready to scrub the perfume off my arm. It wasn't the power that got to me, it was the licorice. It eventually got so potent that I could nearly taste the flavor in my mouth, and again, I HATE black licorice. I'll try again but spray with a very light hand. But now I'm leaning toward not repurchasing.

on 7/5/2013 7:42:00 PM

Sweet powdery goodness with hints of licorice. It has a very balanced feel & blends well with my skin rather than sit on top of it. Sadly it doesn't last long & its throw is weak.

on 2/2/2013 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Recently, I acquired an adorable Lolita Lempicka mini. Having read many fantastic reviews, I was looking forward to the fragrance. It turns out that LL is quite enjoyable; however, I must admit Id rather wear Angel. In fact, Id rather wear several other girly foody fragrances, for example, L by Lolita Lempicka. In this case, it is best to overlook ones personal taste and judge the fragrance objectively. Basically, its a delicious, spicy dessert, and after 16 years, LL still holds its own against all of the very berry cupcake designer fragrances.

Mom is a perfume fanatic , she loves any and every kind of "good" smell ...She adores perfumes ..I remember a very dear friend gifted her with this eccentric perfume when it first came out in the 1990's ..It looked bizarre , expensive and both Mom & me were SO eager to try it ...Once tried all the eagerness crumpled !!! ...So strange a perfume , I don't think it's sugary or sweet at all , it simply smells like "Pampers" or nappies in general before it's used ...! Sorry for the shocking description , but that 's it really , it's neither a girly perfume nor a woman's fragrance ..I read the story behind it here in the reviews and I am certain now it was made for a peodo's victim ...a sickly obssession of an old man to a young under-age "Lolita " ( that what his nose would like to smell ) ....Sorry , to all fans but that is my honest opinion ....

on 11/21/2012 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is one of the thickest, overly-sugary caramel vanilla scents I've had smelled. I dislike it, a lot. It's overpowering, I feel like I'm getting diabetes just after a whiff. It's just and expensve version of every other overly sweet girly vanilla perfume.

on 11/19/2012 2:41:00 AM

I started wearing this properly after my first trip to France, on school exchange, where my host sister's best friend had dozens (not exaggerating) of empties of this lined up on her dresser. Needless to say, the smell reminds me of France, but also of going out - I think this is an excellent scent for wearing at night. It's a heady, liquor-ish liquorice based fragrance that is totally enveloping, kind of like a velvet hug. Which also makes it very good for winter and the colder months. The longevity of its popularity has also made it really affordable and easy to find if you need to try some (chances are you'll smell it and go 'oh! I know this smell!') - it's similar to Angel by Thierry Mugler in it's craving-inducing deliciousness but without that wet, sad yeasty tea note that I find makes me hate Angel a little bit. This is a truly beautiful and popular-for-a-reason perfume. Definitely worth a try, if not an obsession.

And the bottle is gorgeous, of course.

on 10/5/2012 8:51:00 PM

I think this is a lovely fragrance in a lovely bottle.

on 9/28/2012 12:29:00 AM

I wanted to love this and expected to love this from reading reviews, but I strongly dislike it. :( I bought a full bottle unsniffed from Overstock because of the fantastic price. I was looking for a grown up gourmand, and loved the description of this as a gourmand with sweet floral notes. Unfortunately, this smells very strongly of play doh on me. The play doh smell is extremely strong at first, and does die down a bit, but still overpowers all of the other notes for the entirety of the wear.

The bottle is beautiful and the notes sound so lovely, but on me it just stunk.

Popular Fragrances