Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

3.9

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The first time I sniffed this, a few years back, I thought it was strange and unusual, and put the scent strip from Nordstrom in my purse. After a day or so I kept smelling this great scent wafting up, and I tried to find it and I later discovered it was the scent strip that had gotten lodged in one of the inner pockets of my purse. It is a gourmand, sweet, and a very striking one. It has several standout notes that make it so you'll probably either love it or hate it. My husband said (upon the first time I wore it around him) that I smelled like sweet crayons. I think it smells like a fall carnival nearby a wood, magical, sweet, crisp, with earthy and green notes. The base very noticeably contains vetiver; you also cannot miss the licorice, anise seed, almond, and ivy notes in this as well. The standout floral here is violet, mixed with iris. The tonka bean/almond/vanilla/heliotrope in the base make this a very sweet, powdery oriental scent.

Here is the complete list of notes:
Top: Anise seed, licorice, violet
Middle: Ivy, amarena heart (small almond-scented cherry), iris
Base: Tonka bean, almond, vanilla, heliotrope, musk, vetiver

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I currently own approximately 25 different perfumes and this is my favourite one! I adore it.. Still sniffing my wrist each time I wear it. IMO it's suitable for either day- or nighttime and for every occasion. I think the unique thing about this fragrance is that it's warm, soft and cool at the same time. Probably not the best explanation, but the best I can do. Not another smell I could compare this to. Other frangeances that I love are YSL's Black Opium, JC's Viva la Juicy, Chanel's Coco Mademoisselle and Versace's Black Crystal. All are very different from eachother, but I love them all. However, Lolita Lempicka is still my number 1!

This gem started out for me as a trail blazer. First of all let me explain why, I hate, HATE, hATE with a passion the smell and the food licorice and that note exist in this perfume. So when I first smelled it I was turned off by the smell but once it settled the vetiver mixes in with the licorice along with the violet, vanilla, cherry, and iris and becomes beautiful. Then it becomes sweet with a musky scent. OMG... it reminds me of the daughter of the daughter's mother to Samsara at this point and their makeups have nothing in common except for the violet, vanilla, and orris root.
If you can get past the immediate first spray, this is truly a worthy gem.

on 3/26/2016 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My review will probably get lost in a sea of reviews... But this is an absolute gem, I am not a perfume connoisseur in anyway or form but i seem to enjoy complexe and sophisticated scents. This has been on the market 15 years or so? So different and yummy!!! I was so scared to buy this even if my bottle came from kijiji and only cost 40$ but I'm so glad I did. I am a licorice lover but some of the notes scared me along with some really awful comments but I took the plunge and now I must say this is my #2 favorite after Roberto cavalli... Not even in the same category but I love love love you Lolita!!!!

on 6/18/2009 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my first review ever on MUA.
I love this perfume. After years of wearing strictly "natural and organic" essential oils, my husband picked this out for me when we got married in Las Vegas four years ago.
It is sweet, whimsical and unique. To me, there is no other scent like it. Every time I smell it I am reminded of my wedding day (well, that and the old Bumble and Bumble formulations for curly hair), and I often wear it for "date night".
It's not for everyone, certainly. But it's one of my signature scents.
I love it all, from the licorice and anise topnotes to its sweet vanilla and musk drydown.

on 6/24/2008 6:09:00 AM

I read the reviews on this perfume, decided to go to the store and tried it out.
The first time, i sprayed it on a tester and i said "no" and went home.
The next day i read again the review, coz i love the gorgeous bottle and wanna have it somehow, so i went back to the store, smell the sample bottle, "yeah, let's give it a try", so i sprayed it on my wrist. On that very day, the SA tried countless number of perfume for me and at the end i got so confused that i decided to leave for a walk.
When i left for my office, coz lunch time was finished, i smelled one of my prefumed wrists and said to myself "what is this, it's lovely". Took me a while to remember that it's indeed Lolita Lempicka.
So for the rest of the afternoon i couldn't stop sniffing my wrist and needless to say, i went straight to the store and bought myself a bottle.

On me, Lolita is light, a bit sweet and a bit spicy with a hint of green, which i love. I always love the concept of fresh perfume, but they never work for me, i tried L'eau par Kenzo, L'eau D'issey, Gio women, D&G Light Blue and at the end always had to try and scrub the scents off. I also tried fresh and sweet perfumes like Ralph Lauren Ralph and Carolina Herrera Chic and they are way sweeter than Lolita)

Lolita Lempicka is great on me, for colder weather (not summer), coz when it's colder, the perfume give you the warm feeling whilst still giving you the sense of freshness (as in it's not rotten nor sweaty, not cloying nor head-achy, not strong nor hot).

The staying power isn't the greatest, but on me it last for about 7-8 hours. Which is already good.

Now it's a bit warmer out there, i stopped wearing Lolita since i prefer something else lighter. Still looking!

The bottle is beautiful but due to the design, it doesn't have a cap, and if you put it in your handbag, there's a big chance that at the end of the day your bag smell like Lolita, which is nice, of couse, But you will probably need to buy a new bottle sooner than anticipated.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been wearing this everyday. It is a lovely, woodsy, licorice type scent with a hint of sweetness. It mellows down quite lovely on my skin and holds out for the day. Unusual and special.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Lolita Lempicka is, like its name, precocious and ultrafeminine. It was one of my first perfumes, and the first thing that struck me was the gorgeous fairy-tale apple bottle. Should have a childproof cap on it, since it would always be the most noticeable thing in Mama's room. The top note is a bright little candy shop licorice, but the herbal notes present themselves in turn a bit later. All that action is accompanied by a few drops of lemon juice and a perpetual sweet, powdery base. Complex and intelligent, but impudent. This is a fanciful perfume for those who don't want to grow up.

on 8/25/2007 5:10:00 AM

I got this fragrance when I was, 16/17 (I'm now 26). Yeah, I know I was a tad young for it but my chemistry forces me to go with musky scents. I could never swing the teeny bopper Calvin Klein/Gap scents.
I smelled it in a magazine and thought it was amazing (see thats how little experience I had). I still remember the ad, it evoked images from that movie 'Legend', you know, Tom Cruise in tights running around with unicorns haha, anyway I scraped up some money, went out and bought it and instantly fell in love!
It reminded me of Love's Baby Soft (my mama bought that for me as a first perfume so I'll always be sentimental for stuff like that).
Lolita smells really powdery on me at times, the best description is 'cozy' but at other times it smells kind of dark and smoky, almost reminds me of that Japanese incense they burn in the Hongwanjis (japanese churches)...lol I can see the whole licorice thing which is funny cause I downright HATE licorice but dont mind it in this scent.
I was 18 when I wore it to work once and my boss (who used to be a professional chef) stopped dead in his tracks and said 'NICE!' My boyfriends all wanted to cozy up to me when they smelled this one. Definitely a warm, 'mother' type scent. I live in Hawaii and its pretty warm here but I can still pull this one off. Though I imagine it does best on a cold night with a big off the shoulders sweater.
I've been wearing it pretty regularly and have gone through 3 bottles in the past 6 years! You definitely dont need a lot. Again, this is not for everyone, as its heavy and you really do need to have the right chemistry for it (One of the few headier perfumes that dont make me wanna hurl after an hour) but I finally found my perfume soulmate cause nothing else smells so divine on me. I stock up whenever I can find it! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

on 2/3/2012 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

My favorite perfume of all time. I have so many bottles of this one, plus all the other ones she has, and I don't think I'll ever wear anything else. It's such a pretty/unique scent. I get a lot of compliments on it. It's pretty reasonably priced too

Popular Fragrances