Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

3.9

on 11/18/2012 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am so sad I ended up hating this. I'm a gourmand lover and I thought the description of this sounded absolutely gorgeous. But after swapping for it, I tried it and it smells like licorice diapers...Totally bizarre but that's the best way I can describe it! Pampers and licorice, no delicious notes in here, not at all :(

on 11/14/2011 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Me and Lolita share a story that begins a long long time ago, practically in 1997 when it was launched and until recently I never thought I would love it.

Well, I was only nine years old then, at the kitchen of the house I lived with my family, drawing the pages of one of my mother's magazines. I still remember the moment I saw the advertisement, it was one of the most charming things ever, a beautiful dryad lying in the dark, enchanting wood... And I smelled the paper strip. I wasn't impressed-I was just a kid after all- but since it's a very memorable scent this very moment is engraved in my memory. The beauty, my mother's magazine, our old kitchen, my family's love somehow were connected with this scent in a magical way... Till this day I feel like having a guardian angel by my side while wearing Lolita...

Since then years came by and every now and then I came across the wonderful picture, always felt a bit emotional and considered the bottle a true piece of art but I never tested the fragrance itself. I don't know why, I might didn't want to connect the smell with my present and break the bound between the scent and my precious childhood memories.

Two years ago a mini of it was offered with a magazine and I couldn't help but purchasing it since I collect perfume miniatures. I remember being anxious while applying a drop on my wrist. I was SO disappointed I couldn't believe it! It was so strong... and green... and potent! Really sad I washed it off and never touched the tiny beauty again.

But another day, a few months later I walked in the mall and passed by the most beautiful bottle I've ever seen, tested on a paper strip and nope, same negative reaction. I was so pissed! How could it happen? Where was the soft, comforting scent I always had on my mind? I gave it a last chance anyway, sprayed lightly in the air, walked through the mist and continued my shopping. As the time came by I noticed an increasingly delightful aura all over me. The longer it stayed the better it smelled and lasted ALL day- I didn't even want to take a shower (well I did at last!)

After all I bought a small bottle to see what happens. It's been almost two years since then and I have to admit I was scared of the initial spray. It's a really really potent combination of anise, ivy and licorice and that's the challenging part. I honestly have to wait two hours for the best part to begin but the drydown... OH LORD, SUCH A DELIGHT! The licorice, the musk, the almond, the vanilla, the praline...! It sounds like a candy shop, but it doesn't smell like that for sure! The particular combination of notes creates such a rich, earthy, not foody-sweet but rather woody-sweet scent I can't get enough of! And it lasts... and lasts... and lasts, exceptional quality perfume!

For me it's a strictly winter scent since it warms me up. You have to appreciate deep, complex scents in order to like this one, I don't think it's meant to be worn by teenagers. And it's unique- I've never smelled something similar. It took a long time to realize it's a masterpiece and extra-precious to me due to the memories. Somehow we're meant to go through rough times and live happily ever after just like in every proper fairytale.. Wearing this magical scent feels like resting on the most comfortable couch you can imagine of, in front of the fireplace with the snow falling outside, before a good sleep full of dreams with fairies and enchanted forests...

''I drew on my distant memories to recreate this intense moment when a girl is waiting to become a woman." Lolita Lempicka.

Charming...

on 6/18/2009 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my first review ever on MUA.
I love this perfume. After years of wearing strictly "natural and organic" essential oils, my husband picked this out for me when we got married in Las Vegas four years ago.
It is sweet, whimsical and unique. To me, there is no other scent like it. Every time I smell it I am reminded of my wedding day (well, that and the old Bumble and Bumble formulations for curly hair), and I often wear it for "date night".
It's not for everyone, certainly. But it's one of my signature scents.
I love it all, from the licorice and anise topnotes to its sweet vanilla and musk drydown.

on 11/18/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Let's start with the most obvious thing- The bottle is perfection! I love the box too, with it's yellow-green colour and cute scrolled logo. Boxes are important to me since I always store my perfumes in their bottles to preserve the scent. The bottle itself is stunning. It's a lilac glass apple with gold leaf patterns. I was a little confused at first, trying to take the lid off. Then I realised that the spray is actually within the apple stem- so adorable! Unfortunately, this does make it very difficult to spray as there is very little surface area to press.

Once I- finally- manage to spray it, I'm immediately hit by the top notes of aniseed. It's a sweet, almost fruity, aniseed and very gourmand. It smells warm and comforting so it's perfect for cold mornings. As it wears, a vanilla base note comes through which adds to that feeling of warmth.

The sillage is great. I've smelt it on people before and I always know exactly what they're wearing. It's very recognisable and the sillage lasts throughout the day. Speaking of longevity, this lasts forever. It clings to clothes but still smells fresh without going stale.

In terms of price, it's pretty average for my expenditure at around 50 for 50ml. It surprises me as I was expecting it to be more expensive. Although it's very popular in the fragrance fanatic cirles, it's pretty niche in terms of mainstream fragrance. Plus, it has such great sillage and longevity that I'd expect the price point to be a lot higher so that's a major plus.

All in all, I absolutely adore this perfume. As I've already said, it's perfect for winter and a good price too. I'll just have to keep practising pressing down on that spray!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Lolita Lempicka is, like its name, precocious and ultrafeminine. It was one of my first perfumes, and the first thing that struck me was the gorgeous fairy-tale apple bottle. Should have a childproof cap on it, since it would always be the most noticeable thing in Mama's room. The top note is a bright little candy shop licorice, but the herbal notes present themselves in turn a bit later. All that action is accompanied by a few drops of lemon juice and a perpetual sweet, powdery base. Complex and intelligent, but impudent. This is a fanciful perfume for those who don't want to grow up.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is one of my signature scents- Ive been wearing it for at least 8 years or so. Ive gone through several bottles, and it never gets old. This is one perfume that I consistently recieve compliments on, and I feel it mingles well with my natural scent. I describe it as "mysterious candy", which I know is a pretty abstract way to talk about a perfume, but that phrase is the best descriptor I can think of. Sensual but light and flirty; I swear I smell a hint of licorice (in a good way) but maybe thats just me. This perfume is not blatant, but tantalizing. Really a lovely fragrance, especially for a romantic outing. Oh, and the lavender/gold glass apple bottle? Perfection.

on 9/29/2011 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I never would have guessed that I would take a liking to a licorice based scent, but this proved me wrong. The tonka, ivy, licorice and vanilla are the most stand out notes. I love the woodsy feel. I would say this is the "wood nymph" of my fragrance collection. A wonderful fall & winter scent. The licorice note is very provocative. Love how sexy this makes me feel. Very vampish. Not one for the PTO meetings thats for sure!

"Lolita Lempicka fragrance is based on licorice. Beautiful anise note is a perfect match to licorice and violet. The intensive green ivy note is fresh and optimistic. The almond is in harmony with woodsy iris and sweet vanilla, united with heliotrope and Tonka"

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got a sample vial of this from Sephora, and while I like that it's complex and unique, the scent has way too much licorice in it! To be fair, I am not particularly fond of licorice to begin with, but I did not expect the licorice to be this overwhelming. I suppose this scent might wear better on someone else, but it's no good on me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this scent so much! It's pretty and feminine without being overpowering or TOO girly!

Of course, scent is highly subjective, and it depends on each person, but I love it.

The bottle is pretty, but I took a lippie off the packaging because the nozzle is a little fragile.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because I actually love the Coral Flower one even more!

on 11/24/2009 1:58:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I finally tried this out at sephora and i must say, I am really impressed. I have NEVER smelled a perfume that is like Lolita Lempicka! Its got an odd but awesome scent that sets it apart from others. I feel it's a good fall scent because to me, I got some notes of "fall leaves" .. Like when the trees are starting to turn and you have that earthy, slightly warm scent when you go outside or when a breeze goes through your window. Comforting! I am suprised that I liked that woodsy feel but it is just so different from others. Not overly sweet or fragrant. Just right. Well done. And let's not even go into how CUTE and eye catching the bottle is!