Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

3.9

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I have this and will wear it in the cooler months. Warning : it is a strong perfume ! I mostly get licorice and Tonka bean from this. I will not repurchase because it lasts forever and a little goes a long way.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This smells awful! I read a bunch of reviews on it and tried out a tester. I couldn't figure out how to work the stupid spritzer and ended up squirting it on my hand. Didn't bother with any more after that and proceeded to walk around the store. It smelled sickly sweet and strong at first. I don't smell anything complex here. After the dry down, it started to smell... dirty. Not dirty in a sexy, woodsy way but dirty in a cheap chemical way. It smelled balmy and strange. I'd compare it to Love Spell by Victoria's secret mixed with salty sweat or gym socks, just wrong and nasty. Reminded me of a cheap strip club, ew. It actually turned my stomach a little.
I couldn't wait to get the stink off me. (Btw, I sniffed the other testers - didn't want to spray them after that one lol - and they all had this out of place dirty note) So not for me. (If anyone knows what that dirty note is - please message me and let me know so I can avoid it in my fragrance shopping!!)
If my review helped you, click yes below!

on 11/18/2012 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am so sad I ended up hating this. I'm a gourmand lover and I thought the description of this sounded absolutely gorgeous. But after swapping for it, I tried it and it smells like licorice diapers...Totally bizarre but that's the best way I can describe it! Pampers and licorice, no delicious notes in here, not at all :(

on 11/18/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Let's start with the most obvious thing- The bottle is perfection! I love the box too, with it's yellow-green colour and cute scrolled logo. Boxes are important to me since I always store my perfumes in their bottles to preserve the scent. The bottle itself is stunning. It's a lilac glass apple with gold leaf patterns. I was a little confused at first, trying to take the lid off. Then I realised that the spray is actually within the apple stem- so adorable! Unfortunately, this does make it very difficult to spray as there is very little surface area to press.

Once I- finally- manage to spray it, I'm immediately hit by the top notes of aniseed. It's a sweet, almost fruity, aniseed and very gourmand. It smells warm and comforting so it's perfect for cold mornings. As it wears, a vanilla base note comes through which adds to that feeling of warmth.

The sillage is great. I've smelt it on people before and I always know exactly what they're wearing. It's very recognisable and the sillage lasts throughout the day. Speaking of longevity, this lasts forever. It clings to clothes but still smells fresh without going stale.

In terms of price, it's pretty average for my expenditure at around 50 for 50ml. It surprises me as I was expecting it to be more expensive. Although it's very popular in the fragrance fanatic cirles, it's pretty niche in terms of mainstream fragrance. Plus, it has such great sillage and longevity that I'd expect the price point to be a lot higher so that's a major plus.

All in all, I absolutely adore this perfume. As I've already said, it's perfect for winter and a good price too. I'll just have to keep practising pressing down on that spray!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Lovely, complex scent. I can discern vanilla, licorice, and floral... It really lasts too. A scent that could be night or day, Lempicka is sophisticated and unique.

on 11/14/2011 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Me and Lolita share a story that begins a long long time ago, practically in 1997 when it was launched and until recently I never thought I would love it.

Well, I was only nine years old then, at the kitchen of the house I lived with my family, drawing the pages of one of my mother's magazines. I still remember the moment I saw the advertisement, it was one of the most charming things ever, a beautiful dryad lying in the dark, enchanting wood... And I smelled the paper strip. I wasn't impressed-I was just a kid after all- but since it's a very memorable scent this very moment is engraved in my memory. The beauty, my mother's magazine, our old kitchen, my family's love somehow were connected with this scent in a magical way... Till this day I feel like having a guardian angel by my side while wearing Lolita...

Since then years came by and every now and then I came across the wonderful picture, always felt a bit emotional and considered the bottle a true piece of art but I never tested the fragrance itself. I don't know why, I might didn't want to connect the smell with my present and break the bound between the scent and my precious childhood memories.

Two years ago a mini of it was offered with a magazine and I couldn't help but purchasing it since I collect perfume miniatures. I remember being anxious while applying a drop on my wrist. I was SO disappointed I couldn't believe it! It was so strong... and green... and potent! Really sad I washed it off and never touched the tiny beauty again.

But another day, a few months later I walked in the mall and passed by the most beautiful bottle I've ever seen, tested on a paper strip and nope, same negative reaction. I was so pissed! How could it happen? Where was the soft, comforting scent I always had on my mind? I gave it a last chance anyway, sprayed lightly in the air, walked through the mist and continued my shopping. As the time came by I noticed an increasingly delightful aura all over me. The longer it stayed the better it smelled and lasted ALL day- I didn't even want to take a shower (well I did at last!)

After all I bought a small bottle to see what happens. It's been almost two years since then and I have to admit I was scared of the initial spray. It's a really really potent combination of anise, ivy and licorice and that's the challenging part. I honestly have to wait two hours for the best part to begin but the drydown... OH LORD, SUCH A DELIGHT! The licorice, the musk, the almond, the vanilla, the praline...! It sounds like a candy shop, but it doesn't smell like that for sure! The particular combination of notes creates such a rich, earthy, not foody-sweet but rather woody-sweet scent I can't get enough of! And it lasts... and lasts... and lasts, exceptional quality perfume!

For me it's a strictly winter scent since it warms me up. You have to appreciate deep, complex scents in order to like this one, I don't think it's meant to be worn by teenagers. And it's unique- I've never smelled something similar. It took a long time to realize it's a masterpiece and extra-precious to me due to the memories. Somehow we're meant to go through rough times and live happily ever after just like in every proper fairytale.. Wearing this magical scent feels like resting on the most comfortable couch you can imagine of, in front of the fireplace with the snow falling outside, before a good sleep full of dreams with fairies and enchanted forests...

''I drew on my distant memories to recreate this intense moment when a girl is waiting to become a woman." Lolita Lempicka.

Charming...

on 9/29/2011 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I never would have guessed that I would take a liking to a licorice based scent, but this proved me wrong. The tonka, ivy, licorice and vanilla are the most stand out notes. I love the woodsy feel. I would say this is the "wood nymph" of my fragrance collection. A wonderful fall & winter scent. The licorice note is very provocative. Love how sexy this makes me feel. Very vampish. Not one for the PTO meetings thats for sure!

"Lolita Lempicka fragrance is based on licorice. Beautiful anise note is a perfect match to licorice and violet. The intensive green ivy note is fresh and optimistic. The almond is in harmony with woodsy iris and sweet vanilla, united with heliotrope and Tonka"

on 4/22/2011 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Top Notes: Ivy, Anise Seed
Middle Notes: Violet, Amarise, Licorice, Amarena
Base Notes: Vetiver, Tonka, Vanilla, Musk
I owned this for almost exactly a year, all in all probably wore it for about a month, and recently gave it away to a friend because this simply isn't a scent I enjoy on myself or ever crave to wear. It opens far too crisp and green for my liking, then settles into a peppery, masculine aftershave scent that isn't as warm and comforting as I prefer my fragrances to be. I don't get any vanilla or musk from this, and very little of the licorice I originally bought it for. I think LL is interesting, pleasing, but not something I enjoy on myself. Oh, but I do find the packaging undeniably adorable.

on 3/18/2011 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

One of my absolute favorite fragrances is Lolita Lempicka in the purple bottle. It's so mysterious. I was so intrigued by the unusual fragrance; licorice, anise, herbs,lilac and cherries. It dries down to a slight powerdery fragrance but the licorice is noticeable. It's so unusual and my husband loves it. It lasts all day, moreso than Minuit or Forbidden flower and unlike my other fragrances I spray five or six sprays because I love the smell. It's slightly powdery, with a hint of sweetness and herbal. It's strange in a wonderful way and ladies always ask me what I am wearing and compliment the fragrance. It is unlike anything I've experienced.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got a sample vial of this from Sephora, and while I like that it's complex and unique, the scent has way too much licorice in it! To be fair, I am not particularly fond of licorice to begin with, but I did not expect the licorice to be this overwhelming. I suppose this scent might wear better on someone else, but it's no good on me.

Popular Fragrances