Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

3.7

on 12/16/2017 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Lolita is pleasant enough, but unfortunately I am just too tired of fragrances with fruity notes to enjoy this at the moment. I was skeptical about the licorice and anise notes, but I was surprised how well they blended with the rest of the notes and didn't smell at all like licorice. I also enjoyed the ivy notes, which kept the fragrance somewhat reigned in from being too sweet.

But the violets and cherry rose just enough above the rest to register ''fruity'' to my nose, and unfortunately that is a dealbreaker. I'm looking for more spice. This seemed less a true gourmand and more of an herbal, fruity drink rather than something yummy to eat, if that makes sense.

I would imagine this scent would definitely suit a gothic girl, or one with a more mysterious personality. I would be thrilled to smell it on someone else. It is very unique compared to most typical fruity young fragrances. But for me, it is not hitting the spot. I will file it away and possibly revisit it later.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I currently own approximately 25 different perfumes and this is my favourite one! I adore it.. Still sniffing my wrist each time I wear it. IMO it's suitable for either day- or nighttime and for every occasion. I think the unique thing about this fragrance is that it's warm, soft and cool at the same time. Probably not the best explanation, but the best I can do. Not another smell I could compare this to. Other frangeances that I love are YSL's Black Opium, JC's Viva la Juicy, Chanel's Coco Mademoisselle and Versace's Black Crystal. All are very different from eachother, but I love them all. However, Lolita Lempicka is still my number 1!

Buy again: maybe...leaning toward yes because it's very unique and I'm in love with the adorable bottle. I bought this on a whim after reading numerous reviews because Groupon had it for a steal. I had never smelled it before. I was very nervous about the baby powder some reviewers mentioned, but I took a chance anyway. I like creamy/smooth/powdery scents, not baby powder.
Admittedly, the baby powder smell was strong here, and almost overpowering at first spray. But there was something darker lingering behind the powder that told me to hold off a few minutes before judging. I soon found out that it was the licorice pricking my nose. I DESPISE black licorice as a flavor. HOWEVER, having the scent mixed with the powder, the final smell worked for me. It's sweet, but not like candy or caramel. It's more like a powdered Dr. Pepper or Coke...or a powdered licorice-flavored jelly bean. At least that's how this perfume worked on me.
I have the parfum version and it is very strong. One spray on one wrist, dabbed on the other, and that's about all I can take.

I can see why people hate it, just as much as I can see why people love it. It's really a "to each her own" kind of perfume.
If you hate it, it's still super cute on a vanity or perfume tray.

Update (next day): By the end of the day yesterday, I was ready to scrub the perfume off my arm. It wasn't the power that got to me, it was the licorice. It eventually got so potent that I could nearly taste the flavor in my mouth, and again, I HATE black licorice. I'll try again but spray with a very light hand. But now I'm leaning toward not repurchasing.

on 4/26/2014 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this about a year ago after reading countless reviews about how "enchanting" and "magical" it smells and how pretty the bottle was. Honestly, this smells like funky armpit to me with a heavy note of powder. And the bottle looks cheap and tacky in person.

I keep revisiting it in hopes that I'll change my mind but that hasn't happened yet. I did buy it from a discount perfume store, so there is a small chance I got an "off" bottle or a straight up knockoff.

So stay away, or at least smell it in person, and see how it wears before taking the plunge. To get an idea of my fragrance preference, Chloe EDP has been my HG for years.

on 4/19/2014 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this based on the recommendation of one of my friends who knew I liked Angel. It was so much like Angel that I thought; why bother.

Mom is a perfume fanatic , she loves any and every kind of "good" smell ...She adores perfumes ..I remember a very dear friend gifted her with this eccentric perfume when it first came out in the 1990's ..It looked bizarre , expensive and both Mom & me were SO eager to try it ...Once tried all the eagerness crumpled !!! ...So strange a perfume , I don't think it's sugary or sweet at all , it simply smells like "Pampers" or nappies in general before it's used ...! Sorry for the shocking description , but that 's it really , it's neither a girly perfume nor a woman's fragrance ..I read the story behind it here in the reviews and I am certain now it was made for a peodo's victim ...a sickly obssession of an old man to a young under-age "Lolita " ( that what his nose would like to smell ) ....Sorry , to all fans but that is my honest opinion ....

on 11/21/2012 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is one of the thickest, overly-sugary caramel vanilla scents I've had smelled. I dislike it, a lot. It's overpowering, I feel like I'm getting diabetes just after a whiff. It's just and expensve version of every other overly sweet girly vanilla perfume.

on 11/19/2012 2:41:00 AM

I started wearing this properly after my first trip to France, on school exchange, where my host sister's best friend had dozens (not exaggerating) of empties of this lined up on her dresser. Needless to say, the smell reminds me of France, but also of going out - I think this is an excellent scent for wearing at night. It's a heady, liquor-ish liquorice based fragrance that is totally enveloping, kind of like a velvet hug. Which also makes it very good for winter and the colder months. The longevity of its popularity has also made it really affordable and easy to find if you need to try some (chances are you'll smell it and go 'oh! I know this smell!') - it's similar to Angel by Thierry Mugler in it's craving-inducing deliciousness but without that wet, sad yeasty tea note that I find makes me hate Angel a little bit. This is a truly beautiful and popular-for-a-reason perfume. Definitely worth a try, if not an obsession.

And the bottle is gorgeous, of course.

This scent matches it's packaging better than any other I can think of. It's cute, sweet and unique. I get compliments all the time and like it a little more every time I wear it.

on 6/12/2012 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE THIS! Big licorice and anise seed frag....It's beautifully bottled, and it's very strong and long-lasting. What more could I want?

Popular Fragrances