Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

3.7

on 1/18/2011 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I stopped wearing perfume LONG ago....but after receiving a sample of this with my sephora order, I am in love. I will go and buy the full size bottle. At first I thought maybe I wouldn't spring for the full size because the only thing I don't like about it is the powdery smell in it...but...it really does mesmerize me and I can't resist the smell...I find myself wanting to wear it even if I am staying home...just so I can smell myself....I haven't asked myself out on a date yet but I'm considering it.

on 2/9/2007 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Lolita Lempicka is an enchanting spicy oriental scent which combines notes of Ivy Leaves, Aniseed, Amarena Heart, Violets, Iris Roots, Vetiver, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Musk.
It's an extremely warm, sensual and romantic fragrance which always attracts compliments from both men and women. The staying power is fantastic, especially when layered with the gloriously smooth body lotion. The beautifully colored and decorated bottle finalizes the perfectness of this fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

On me, LL actually starts pretty boozy, in the best possible way, but it's mostly herbal and deep with a beautiful hit of spice.
Unfolds into a dreamy concoction of flowers and seasonings, I think Annick Menardo approached this one like like recipe for some kind of arcane fae creature celebration.

It could have been hork inducing sticky sweet but for the use of piquant anise and deep, mysterious licorice.
Tonka and vanilla make it toe curling yummy.
Vetiver and musk give it a fleshy, sensuous feel.

The overall effect is one I like to compare to a walk in the woods, in the deep of night, with fairies flying everywhere, treats falling from the midnight sky while the druids prepare some kind of potion hidden deep in their lair.
Magic, fairytale like but with the longevity of a tantric voyage through the ages.

The bottle: Beautiful, yes, BUT... The spraying mechanism is the biggest PITA I have ever used omg.
I will forgive this design flaw, though: The scent is that good.

Compared to SL Douce Amère: It's dreamier, more ethereal, I find DA more "NYC party", more sophisticated, but LL (on me) feels more... deliciously frivolous.

on 4/15/2012 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Sweet, pretty, warm, slightly woodsy, vanilla, anise.

This is a nice feminine fragrance, lasts for most of the day, remains on clothing.

EDIT: From 4 to a 5, this is probably now my signature scent. I've really come to appreciate it. It is sweet and yummy without reeking like food or a baked good, or even just vanilla for that matter. While it is feminine, I don't find it immature or shrieking. It doesn't burn my nose or make me nauseous later in the day. It has warmth to it but is not: spicy, hippy-like, or reminiscent of grandma perfume. It lasts throughout the day not in an overpowering way, but you get little whiffs of it every so often. If you spray it on your neck or chest and hide your nose in your shirt it's a beautiful escape. I really love this perfume. I wish the other body products were not so costly.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Absolutely one of my fave fragrances, if not my FAVE fragrance. It is also my boyfriend's fave on me, and he always wants me to wear it. The packaging is gorgeous and I love the bottle design... It's like an expensive crystal... Beautiful ... with gold embellishments. The scent is for those who like sweet (like candy) scents. Another reviewer said it smells of licorice and that guys like that, and it's true, a friend of mine noticed the licorice scent. To me, it has a powdery/candy scent. It's slightly bold and flirtatious in its attitude, and you definitely feel like a little temptress when you wear it. I have a specific taste in fragrances, which is usually musky and sweet (like Burberry Brit, Dolce & Gabbana The One, and Deseo by Jennifer Lopez), so if you like that type of scent, you should love this. As always, try a sample on when visiting your fave department store. Ps I just tried it on right now to get a good description of the scent, and it's just now losing it's flavor five years after I bought it! Wow! Talk about long shelf life. Most perfumes only last about a year or more depending. But... This is a signature scent. One that makes me feel like I have the hottest secret on me. Oh... Why am I sharing it? ;}

on 11/2/2009 10:08:00 AM

What a creative fragrance! I have never came across anything even close to being similar to this! It is very long lasting on me so that is always a plus! I cannot describe this scent exactly; all I know is for me it is a sexy somewhat “dark” spicy scent that I like to wear at night & during the colder months. My boyfriend loves this on me and every single time I wear it he makes the comment “ohh you smell so good”! I don’t care how much it costs as long as I keep receiving the same response EVERY time I wear it, I will certainly keep purchasing! ;)

on 9/1/2007 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i *love* this! based on reveiws i purchased a sample and then realised how much i wanted this unique yet sweet and delicious scent. i really get the ivy/watery sweetness when i spray it and if it gets on my clothes, but if its just on my skin i get a sweet muskiness but not really really musky (im not into musky or heavy perfumes at all). i dont understand how people can be feeling overwhelmed from this perfume because i spray one generous spray on my neck area and put my wrists in the dampness before it dries and i can smell it sometimes during the day so im not being measly with the perfume, but i find it very light especially with that watery/ivy note in it. the bottle is absolutely gorgeous!! the stalk is the spray and the gold plus the purple are just stunning. for me, what with all the different perfumes that are out there and how many just smell the same, finding a beautiful bottle is very important for me and this is one of the most beautiful i have ever seen. i purchased the 50 ml and the bottle is small but gorgeous. i cant get enough, im hoping that this becomes my signature smell and that the matching moisturizers and bath gels etc become more widely available.im looking forward to testing out 'l de lolita' and the midnight fragrance too. highly recommended, HG status and best of all, not one person i know has this fragrance and the one time i think i mightve smelt this on someone (but highly doubt it) i just thought 'wow that smells good'.

on 12/28/2014 2:14:00 PM

Too much vanilla for my preference. There's also licorice notes. Overall it's sweet and sugary and smells too much like food. But the scent morphs after a few minutes to something more musky and spicy. I'm on the fence about this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This review is for Lolita Lempicka La Premiur Parfum EDT (the bottle with the little bite out of it). A very surprising Lolita for me. I liberally doused myself with this particular Lolita, expecting another wonderful experience, such as I had with Lolita Lempicka L. As I was dousing myself, I dropped the little bottle on my carpet. It rolled. I quickly picked it up, but some of the perfume had gone into my carpet. But I digress.
This little bottle is adorable, and it's that darn little bite out of it that made me drop it. It's unwieldy. I digress again.
So I waited to see what notes would appear. This Lolita smelled of almonds, surrounded by violet leaf and licorice. In the background I sensed incense. It boiled down to powdery nuttiness on me that lasted perhaps an hour and then disappeared. It's a very pretty fragrance, very light and unassuming. It's sillage on my body was not very strong at all. If I wanted it to last longer, I'd have to re-apply more often, which is ok, albeit this is a very light, summertime fragrance.
Here's the ending to where I digressed before. A few hours later, I returned to my bedroom where I had spilled the perfume earlier. Phew! Even tho the A/C was on, I could still smell this Lolita pretty strongly in the room. Apparently it stays on inanimate objects longer than me. My room smelled beautiful.
Top Notes: Vanille, Amalfi Lemon, Almond, Apricot, Cherry.
Middle Notes: Iris, Jasmine, Licorice.
Base Notes: Musk, Incense, Violet Leaf.

on 6/20/2010 6:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I agree with other reviewers who have noted the Tim Burton vibe, this one's got it! And that's why I love it, and wear it quite a lot. I smell this all the time in Italy, it's extremely popular there. And for anise/licorice lovers, you must have this in your collection. Quirky, sweet, and addictive....

Video Reviews & Tutorials