Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Filtered by hair type : Other
Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka
Lolita Lempicka ad

3.6

This is my all time favorite HG scent!! I first smelled it on a friend and after that I ran out to purchase it for myself. This is a wonderful warm vanilla scent that I find to be very comforting and not to heavy at all. It's one of those fragrances that you can wear year round. It comes in such a beautiful apple shaped bottle.

on 12/30/2013 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Five years ago, I blind bought this fragrance at a steep discount from a local drugstore. As the bottle was apple-shaped, I expected the juice inside to smell fruity and fresh. What I got instead was a heavy cloud of powder. I put it away and every now and then I would take out the bottle from its box and stare at it admiringly, but upon smelling the remaining scent on the nozzle I would be reminded of the dangerous juice--I vowed never to spray it again.

For the past half year, however, I have become increasingly disenchanted by sweet, sugary scents. I've become less attached to former favourites, and the cake and cotton candy perfumes I used to love were no longer calling to me. That's not to say that I hate all fruity and foodie scents; rather, I've become more selective when before I would be enamoured by anything that did smell like desserts, and as I've expanded my tastes, I was looking for something new.

That's when I took out Lolita Lempicka to use again. The powdery notes and muskiness this time around appealed to my nose, and I was able to make out the sweetness of the vanilla mixed with licorice. Even so, I still consider this to be more oriental than gourmand. The sillage is moderate to heavy, so a little goes a long way.

Definitely an underappreciated scent!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

In my opinion this is one nasty, artificial/plasticky scent. I really dislike it and dont get the rave reviews

on 1/20/2012 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just tried this at Shoppers cuz it was on for $19.99 and people were making a big deal about that. Someone told me it had vanilla in it and being the gourmand lover that I am, thought I'd give it a whirl. Well, the one word for this fragrance is "complex". There are tons of notes in it...sometimes they feel like they are competing with one another. The vanilla, the licorice -- it's all a bit overwhelming. I didn't like it as the first thing I thought about was by the time I got in the car was "this is what people are talking about when they say they can't stand perfume"...like when places make the collective decision to become "fragrance free" I bet someone was wearing Lolita Lempicka. It's not that it smells 'bad' necessarily -- like a picture or person, some angle are good, some not so much...some whiffs are delicious, and some are overwhelming...there's just a lot going on here. I like clean fresh or gourmand fragrances -- this has the gourmand element but sort of overbearing.

Be careful with this one.

on 1/16/2012 9:26:00 AM

One of my favourite scents, made by one of my favourite perfumers. Annick Menardo's Lolita Lempicka eau de parfum is a work of art. The 1990s saw a gourmand boom, hot to cash in on the success of Mugler's Angel. Lolita Lempicka rode that wave, but with originality not found in many gourmands made then and since.

The other main gourmand violet that moves me is Ropion's original Aimez-Moi. They're both zingy, feisty perfumes -- but the original Caron brings to mind crisp autumn days in England or ice cold Hitchcock blondes like Eva Marie Saint and Tippi Hedren.
Lolita Lempicka smoulders -- sweet, rich and darkly sexy. She's Ingrid Bergman in Notorious or Spellbound, or the unhinged beauty played by Marion Cotillard in Inception. Yes, she is definitely Cotillard in 'that' dress, and Cotillard threatening to...jump...

Grown-ups with a fondness for a fairytale or gothic aesthetic will fall in love with the wonderful bottle -- Eve's apple -- purple and gold, with deliciously curly script and curved stem. The design goes well with the super-candied-and-spiced violet-anise. There's a herbal quality to the top of the scent which makes me consider an absinthe note, but it's not exactly absinthe. The patchouli is sweet but ever so slightly 'vetivered'. There's a dance of hot and cool -- I suspect it's the way the anise-violet-iris accord is so expertly handled. Ropion too does the cool-warm thing well in Aimez-Moi but, as I said before, those anise-soaked violets are in the sun, Menardo's are in the shade, maybe even half-buried in the dirt. I get a little cherry sometimes, if I'm lucky -- but this note is better felt in a LE Amarena version of the scent, released years ago.

The perfumer is one of a few who can take a tooth-achingly sweet gourmand base-scent and soften it with smoke or rubber (think Guerlain Bois D'Armenie, think Bulgari Black) and there's smoke here too, snaking its way right through the heart of Lolita-L, getting lost in a haze of heliotrope, getting hopelessly tangled in liquorice whips and lost in a thin mist of powdered sugar.

The way the name trips off the tongue -- Lolita Lempicka -- fabulous. What is that Nabokov quote? "...Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta."

Full marks for everything. Think: wild glamour, lost souls, chaotic love and dangerous beauty. Wow, just - wow.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Oh my lord. My mother and I had heard a lot about the complex licorice, vanilla, green ivy and violet notes and sought it out to try. We sprayed it on both our wrists and waited a few minutes, both sniffed and and our eyes met. What? I said, Do you smell what I smell? She said that can't be synthetic rubber and some sort of chemical smell? And I said is it SPERMIDAL CONDOMS?? YES! She cried, thats it, how disgusting! So thats what the advertising meant when it called this the "My First Time Fragrance"! It seems to be a simple 2-note perfume, first the "condom accord" then dries down to a sour peppery musk. No sweetness, no green notes or licorice ect. Just spermicidal condoms and cheap old musk. Didn't last long it faded quickly thank god. To sum up, I'd rather smell like a wet dog or a piece of cheese than this. Fragrances REALLY seem to be a matter of opinion.

I really wanted to love this as the bottle is adorable and it's quite reasonably priced, plus not the most common scent but it is horrible. The dry down is ok but spraying it gave me a terrible headache and it's really sickly sweet. One spray and I gave it away. Personally I like florals and floriental scents, this was far too sickly for me but would suit Anna Sui/Britney fans

on 5/2/2011 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Either I need a new nose or this stuff is terrible. I put it down there with "Angel", at least on me.

on 12/31/2010 1:23:00 PM

when I received the gift set, I could smell it from the box, and it smelled like a mix between baby powder and donna korran kashmere mist (sp?). BUT:

upon application, on me, it smells like aqualina's pink sugar minus the licorice, very sweet. on the complete dry down it smells like violets and something sugary, it also seems to have a tiny bit of a tangy kick. it definately smells woodsy, sweet and flowery, it's very complex. It does have an element of mistery to it, as some reviewers mentioned- dark forest and fairies, which is a factor that makes me want to reach for this scent.

Unfortunately the lasting power is horrible, lotion+EDP= less than an hour of full enjoyment. It sticks better to my clothing than to my skin.
The bottle is adorable, I absolutely LOVE the fact that it dispenses from an apple stem and does not have a lid/cap.

EDIT: this over BURBERRY (the original) smells phenomenal!

Lovely bottle, silly stem spritzer, delightful scent. I'm a fan of the whole Lolita Lempicka line--there's not one I've tried that I didn't like, though on the whole, Fleur Coral and Au Masculin are my faves. This original LL is lovely--sweet, but not too sweet, with enough anise/violet/vetiver to keep it interesting and lift the sugary notes up a bit. Spray it with a light hand--both because the stem makes it hard to give a heavy spritz, but also because this one has real staying power so you don't need a lot.

Popular Fragrances