Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka
Lolita Lempicka ad

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

On me, LL actually starts pretty boozy, in the best possible way, but it's mostly herbal and deep with a beautiful hit of spice.
Unfolds into a dreamy concoction of flowers and seasonings, I think Annick Menardo approached this one like like recipe for some kind of arcane fae creature celebration.

It could have been hork inducing sticky sweet but for the use of piquant anise and deep, mysterious licorice.
Tonka and vanilla make it toe curling yummy.
Vetiver and musk give it a fleshy, sensuous feel.

The overall effect is one I like to compare to a walk in the woods, in the deep of night, with fairies flying everywhere, treats falling from the midnight sky while the druids prepare some kind of potion hidden deep in their lair.
Magic, fairytale like but with the longevity of a tantric voyage through the ages.

The bottle: Beautiful, yes, BUT... The spraying mechanism is the biggest PITA I have ever used omg.
I will forgive this design flaw, though: The scent is that good.

Compared to SL Douce Amère: It's dreamier, more ethereal, I find DA more "NYC party", more sophisticated, but LL (on me) feels more... deliciously frivolous.

on 11/19/2012 2:41:00 AM

I started wearing this properly after my first trip to France, on school exchange, where my host sister's best friend had dozens (not exaggerating) of empties of this lined up on her dresser. Needless to say, the smell reminds me of France, but also of going out - I think this is an excellent scent for wearing at night. It's a heady, liquor-ish liquorice based fragrance that is totally enveloping, kind of like a velvet hug. Which also makes it very good for winter and the colder months. The longevity of its popularity has also made it really affordable and easy to find if you need to try some (chances are you'll smell it and go 'oh! I know this smell!') - it's similar to Angel by Thierry Mugler in it's craving-inducing deliciousness but without that wet, sad yeasty tea note that I find makes me hate Angel a little bit. This is a truly beautiful and popular-for-a-reason perfume. Definitely worth a try, if not an obsession.

And the bottle is gorgeous, of course.

on 10/5/2015 1:32:00 PM

This is my one of two "go-to" perfumes...the other being Chanel Mademoiselle Coco. I have been wearing this fragrance (Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka) ever since it arrived and I still Love it! I have a hard time finding it in Las Vegas, but thankfully Neiman's still carries Lolita Lempicka...I get many compliments from both men and women...they love the fragrance on me! Everyone's body chemistry is different---and what smells absolutely yummy on me, might stink like bug spray on you! This is why a perfume review is of little worth---everyone must try it for themselves. But FYI, I love it for me!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I found some of the prettiest ads for this perfume and uploaded them. This perfume is so whimsical and fabulous. I have loved it since 1997 and even wore a knock off from Avon. lol I was 14! I had to wear that one. I think it was called butterfly. I'll talk about the bottle first, it really seems that Lolita was one of the first to create an interesting and unique bottle. It's a conversation piece and I collect perfume bottles.
The ad's tell alot about it, so take a look at those. The fourth is the newest one.
The perfume notes:
Fresh, Sweet Oriental, Vanilla. Created in 1997, Lolita Lempicka is a refreshing, oriental, woody fragrance. A fragrance of contrasts; baroque and contemporary, curvaceous and strong, enclosed in an apple shaped bottle. With a liquorice accord comprising of aniseed, violet, vanilla and praline with a floral oriental harmony of ivy, iris, amarena, tonka bean, vetiver, and musk. Lolita Lempicka is elegant and voluptuous.

It's one of a kind, there's nothing like it... not after 11 years. I think it's along the same lines as Angel that way. Both are ground breaking in perfume. I don't like Angel, but I love Lolita.

At first I found Lolita Lempicka peculiar, and sort of bewildering. It was the first perfume I tried with the black licorice note. The anise and candied violet with the yummy praline and sensual musk combine to create such a unique tapestry. It is an inventive daydream of a scent. It grew on me quickly and now I enjoy wearing this one on occassion- especially on days I need a little creative inspiration.
Top Notes: Ivy, anise seed

Heart Notes: Violet, Iris, amarena, licorice

Base Notes: Vetiver, tonka bean, vanilla, musk, praline
continued >>

on 12/8/2017 12:30:00 AM

This is the scent people recognize me by, I got my first sample vial when I was 13, and finally purchased my first bottle at 25 (gorgeous bottle btw!). I've been wearing it ever since, have purchased countless bottles, and I'm 32 today. On to the scent, it's got a little bit of everything, it's sweet thanks to licorice, but not the heavy/cloying sweetness you find in many scents today... It's got abit of spice (anise), a crisp woodsiness, and a touch of magical powderiness that makes me think 'fairy dust'. It's quirky, it's feminine, and mystical, and the notes are in such harmony with each other. Very distinct and memorable. I use this mainly in fall and winter, it suits any occasion...but it also wears beautifully on breezy spring/summer nights. I stray from this scent from time to time, but I always end up coming back to it, friends tell me it suits me better than every other scent I own (and I have 25 bottles in my collection).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a mysteriously sweet scent. It has a great dry down on my skin. Many women recommended it to me as the most delicious, youthful scent, perfect for my twenties; and when I tried it out I just couldn't pass it up. The smell is sweet and musky at the same time, not sickeningly sweet or fruity, definitely not super floral either. It just has a cool balance. I spent $50 on this bottle of perfume when I have like 5 fragrances I need to use up D: But then again, perfume is something I slurge on because it is worth it.
Can we just take a moment to appreciate the bottle? It is absolutely stunning!
Purpley blue crystal apple with golden flower accents. The small twig on the apple is what you press to get the product out of the container. Absolutely stunning and creative.
I took a lippie off the rating because the perfume doesn't have the strong durability I wish it had :(

on 12/30/2013 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Five years ago, I blind bought this fragrance at a steep discount from a local drugstore. As the bottle was apple-shaped, I expected the juice inside to smell fruity and fresh. What I got instead was a heavy cloud of powder. I put it away and every now and then I would take out the bottle from its box and stare at it admiringly, but upon smelling the remaining scent on the nozzle I would be reminded of the dangerous juice--I vowed never to spray it again.

For the past half year, however, I have become increasingly disenchanted by sweet, sugary scents. I've become less attached to former favourites, and the cake and cotton candy perfumes I used to love were no longer calling to me. That's not to say that I hate all fruity and foodie scents; rather, I've become more selective when before I would be enamoured by anything that did smell like desserts, and as I've expanded my tastes, I was looking for something new.

That's when I took out Lolita Lempicka to use again. The powdery notes and muskiness this time around appealed to my nose, and I was able to make out the sweetness of the vanilla mixed with licorice. Even so, I still consider this to be more oriental than gourmand. The sillage is moderate to heavy, so a little goes a long way.

Definitely an underappreciated scent!

on 5/23/2011 1:43:00 PM

I absolutely adore this fragrance! The first time I.tried it was when my mom brought me a bottle back from Spain, I instantly fell in love with it. The scent to me defines femininity, its quite a unique scent and I'm no expert in describing fragrances. I would suggest trying before buying as it won't be to everyone's taste. I however can't get enough of it and always come back to this. Such a mysterious, alluring scent. I find perfect for all seasons, day n night.

on 11/2/2009 10:08:00 AM

What a creative fragrance! I have never came across anything even close to being similar to this! It is very long lasting on me so that is always a plus! I cannot describe this scent exactly; all I know is for me it is a sexy somewhat dark spicy scent that I like to wear at night & during the colder months. My boyfriend loves this on me and every single time I wear it he makes the comment ohh you smell so good! I dont care how much it costs as long as I keep receiving the same response EVERY time I wear it, I will certainly keep purchasing! ;)

Popular Fragrances