Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka
Lolita Lempicka ad

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

On me, LL actually starts pretty boozy, in the best possible way, but it's mostly herbal and deep with a beautiful hit of spice.
Unfolds into a dreamy concoction of flowers and seasonings, I think Annick Menardo approached this one like like recipe for some kind of arcane fae creature celebration.

It could have been hork inducing sticky sweet but for the use of piquant anise and deep, mysterious licorice.
Tonka and vanilla make it toe curling yummy.
Vetiver and musk give it a fleshy, sensuous feel.

The overall effect is one I like to compare to a walk in the woods, in the deep of night, with fairies flying everywhere, treats falling from the midnight sky while the druids prepare some kind of potion hidden deep in their lair.
Magic, fairytale like but with the longevity of a tantric voyage through the ages.

The bottle: Beautiful, yes, BUT... The spraying mechanism is the biggest PITA I have ever used omg.
I will forgive this design flaw, though: The scent is that good.

Compared to SL Douce Amère: It's dreamier, more ethereal, I find DA more "NYC party", more sophisticated, but LL (on me) feels more... deliciously frivolous.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this sweet fragrance! It is my second favorite from Lolita Lempicka. I buy at a reduced price from a discount fragrance site.

Lovely bottle, silly stem spritzer, delightful scent. I'm a fan of the whole Lolita Lempicka line--there's not one I've tried that I didn't like, though on the whole, Fleur Coral and Au Masculin are my faves. This original LL is lovely--sweet, but not too sweet, with enough anise/violet/vetiver to keep it interesting and lift the sugary notes up a bit. Spray it with a light hand--both because the stem makes it hard to give a heavy spritz, but also because this one has real staying power so you don't need a lot.

on 3/10/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This doesn't seem like a remake of Angel to me, but like a remake of Poison (the original). Even the apple-shaped purple bottle is similar. It is sweeter than Poison, in keeping with current tastes, but it has a similar decadent feel. Like Poison, I like it a lot, although I can't quite figure out why--both fragrances have many notes I usually dislike.

on 5/26/2006 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

What a pleasant surprise! I had smelled this one in the bottle (never a good indicator - my body chemistry changes everything) and wasn't overly impressed - but the notes intrigued me - so in a lovely swap - I received a bottle.

What a wonderful surprise! I couldn't really get a good read on it as I sprayed it on. Didn't seem like I could quite get enough on to get a nice whiff... so before I drowned myself in it - I just figured it would be a nice light fragrance on me - and out the door I went.

Well - by the time I got to work - it had developed into this wonderful peppery, sweet, clean scent that I just LOVE! Not perfumey at all...

5 lippes for sure!!!

on 9/30/2005 4:35:00 PM

I have a glass cabinet in my bathroom. Thats the only reason I bought this. 'cuz it looks great sitting on display. I was prepared to hate it. I do hate it when first sprayed. It just sucks. Smells of heavy, cheap violet through a nasty ozone air filter. During the dry down too. I almost washed it off 'cuz I couldn't take it. Then I got busy and forgot I had it on. An hour later I suddenly found myself getting these delicious whiffs of something...mmmmmmmm...what IS that great smell??? OH!! It's me!! How is it possible that something so horrific out of that lovely bottle smells soooo wonderful an hour later?? I love this stuff for all the reasons the other lovers state. I knocked off 1 lippie because I'm a hater for the first hour and because it doesn't last that long on me, leaving only a small window to love it.

on 3/27/2005 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I can't believe that a perfume could remind me of the chips I used in my gerbil tank when I was 10 Years old. I never got past that imagery to apply it.

on 6/12/2001 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I did not like this one at all. To me, it smelled very similar to Eternity. I tried it few times and kept smelling that all too familiar Eternity smell, so... I gave it away with the agreement they never wear it around me. Beautifu bottle though.But,instant headache for me guaranteed with this one! :(

Video Reviews & Tutorials