Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I can't believe I have never reviewed this magical scent. From the beautiful fairy tale bottle to the genius marriage of licorice, patchouli, cherry, violet and ivy leaves, this sumptuous delicacy is never too much. It's a perfect poem of a scent - doesn't take itself too seriously and yet always speaks with a lyrical tongue. There's a hay-like accord in this that I simply adore.
Now it's around 15 years old, and hasn't aged an iota, Lolita Lempicka's timelessness has been proven. Even if the fashions shift back to solar musks and salty ozone scents, this is one of the best gourmands ever made. The new praline scents that are ten-a-penny are messy disasters next to this composed young lady.

on 11/14/2011 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Me and Lolita share a story that begins a long long time ago, practically in 1997 when it was launched and until recently I never thought I would love it.

Well, I was only nine years old then, at the kitchen of the house I lived with my family, drawing the pages of one of my mother's magazines. I still remember the moment I saw the advertisement, it was one of the most charming things ever, a beautiful dryad lying in the dark, enchanting wood... And I smelled the paper strip. I wasn't impressed-I was just a kid after all- but since it's a very memorable scent this very moment is engraved in my memory. The beauty, my mother's magazine, our old kitchen, my family's love somehow were connected with this scent in a magical way... Till this day I feel like having a guardian angel by my side while wearing Lolita...

Since then years came by and every now and then I came across the wonderful picture, always felt a bit emotional and considered the bottle a true piece of art but I never tested the fragrance itself. I don't know why, I might didn't want to connect the smell with my present and break the bound between the scent and my precious childhood memories.

Two years ago a mini of it was offered with a magazine and I couldn't help but purchasing it since I collect perfume miniatures. I remember being anxious while applying a drop on my wrist. I was SO disappointed I couldn't believe it! It was so strong... and green... and potent! Really sad I washed it off and never touched the tiny beauty again.

But another day, a few months later I walked in the mall and passed by the most beautiful bottle I've ever seen, tested on a paper strip and nope, same negative reaction. I was so pissed! How could it happen? Where was the soft, comforting scent I always had on my mind? I gave it a last chance anyway, sprayed lightly in the air, walked through the mist and continued my shopping. As the time came by I noticed an increasingly delightful aura all over me. The longer it stayed the better it smelled and lasted ALL day- I didn't even want to take a shower (well I did at last!)

After all I bought a small bottle to see what happens. It's been almost two years since then and I have to admit I was scared of the initial spray. It's a really really potent combination of anise, ivy and licorice and that's the challenging part. I honestly have to wait two hours for the best part to begin but the drydown... OH LORD, SUCH A DELIGHT! The licorice, the musk, the almond, the vanilla, the praline...! It sounds like a candy shop, but it doesn't smell like that for sure! The particular combination of notes creates such a rich, earthy, not foody-sweet but rather woody-sweet scent I can't get enough of! And it lasts... and lasts... and lasts, exceptional quality perfume!

For me it's a strictly winter scent since it warms me up. You have to appreciate deep, complex scents in order to like this one, I don't think it's meant to be worn by teenagers. And it's unique- I've never smelled something similar. It took a long time to realize it's a masterpiece and extra-precious to me due to the memories. Somehow we're meant to go through rough times and live happily ever after just like in every proper fairytale.. Wearing this magical scent feels like resting on the most comfortable couch you can imagine of, in front of the fireplace with the snow falling outside, before a good sleep full of dreams with fairies and enchanted forests...

''I drew on my distant memories to recreate this intense moment when a girl is waiting to become a woman." Lolita Lempicka.

Charming...

on 10/23/2009 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've finally bought this after hemming and hawing about it. I had received the L de Lolita Lempicka as a gift for my b-day (you can see the separate review there), but this one is the one I've been wanting. It works well with my body chemistry; perfume is a very subjective thing, and I know this smells off with some people, but this one worked on me. I do spritz lightly into the air and walk through the falling mist, then touch the wet tip to my wrists, and that's enough. So happy to finally have this scent. The staying power of this scent is very good, which is why this one gets the full 5 lippies.

Edit: I spritzed both my Lolita Lempicka scents directly on my arm rather than walk through the mist as an experiment. I can pick out some of the more complex notes, a little bit green, and I can pick out the anise notes. I absolutely love this scent. I'm actually sitting here sniffing my arm.

Edit 9/2011: I think my body chemistry changed. This doesn't smell as pleasant as before, almost acrid and sharp for a while. I'll drop it down to 4 lippies.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I went to the mall yesterday. I am soooo predictable, I stopped by Sephora and shopped for like an hour. When checking out the cashier handed me three twenty dollar bills instead of the two twenty dollar bills I was owed, so I gave her the extra twenty back. She thanked me, and promptly began throwing samples into my bag. This was one of the samples.

I love this fragrance. At first it reminds me of sweet oranges, and sugar. As the day wears on, the subtlety of this fragrance evolves. When I smell any perfume I automatically get images in my head of different things I associate the smell with. I love this perfume because the things I imagine are constantly changing threw the day. One thing I constantly think off is fairies, this is a very whimsical scent. Not in the creepy clown way! The good way.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is one of my signature scents- Ive been wearing it for at least 8 years or so. Ive gone through several bottles, and it never gets old. This is one perfume that I consistently recieve compliments on, and I feel it mingles well with my natural scent. I describe it as "mysterious candy", which I know is a pretty abstract way to talk about a perfume, but that phrase is the best descriptor I can think of. Sensual but light and flirty; I swear I smell a hint of licorice (in a good way) but maybe thats just me. This perfume is not blatant, but tantalizing. Really a lovely fragrance, especially for a romantic outing. Oh, and the lavender/gold glass apple bottle? Perfection.

on 10/15/2010 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is indeed a very interesting, mystic fragrance and it smells exactly how the add looks like: it smells like that bewiched forest, where fairies are hiding, sweet, tempting, makes me wanna dream.... and I really can imagine a fairy wearing this and the bottle is so unique and just pretty :) Though I have to admit that Im not very fond of the top note. That star anise/violet/ivy-cocktail is way too overpowering for my nose and thats the only reason I took one lippy off. But the middle note and the base are just wowzers! Love that cherry-scent combined with iris and liquorice and the always-noticable vanilla- and almond-base are my very own drug and they make this perfume so soft :D There are also other ingredients like the tonka bean, praline, musk, tobacco etc. but they are mixed very well, as I dont smell each one of them but they do give this perfume that depth and the extra something (youll know what I mean after you weared this a couple of hours ;) ).

So overall, if you like powdery sweet nifty scents: Lolita is something you must try out <3 Ive rarely seen an add that describes the perfume itself so well like thisone.

I have gone through two miniatures of this fragrance and I really love it !!! I have never been a fan of chocolately food-y fragrances but this smells so delicious. Not too sickly sweet, just yummy with subtle chocolate and licorice. This is very nice for this catagory of fragrance, it doesnt pervade other peoples space unlike Angel. Very subtle sexy cooler weather fragrance.

on 7/13/2007 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm sort of surprised by the descriptions of sugary sweetness. I do get deep musky vanilla in the drydown but mainly its violets and sharp licorice and astringent green notes (reading ivy as one of the topnotes makes sense to me) and rain with clean laundry, its quite foresty and green although yes very feminine and something tealike about it. My mum bought this for me just for the bottle and faerie themed advertisement and I will love it forever although it is hugely nostalgic for me now and a bit too emotional. A forest nymph fragrance.

on 5/3/2007 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I just recently discovered this and I love it. I really don't get a strong licorice note as alot have noted. It's a very different kind of scent, and very alluring. I always feel ultra femme and sexy in this, and my husband always says how good I smell when I wear it. It has great staying power on me yet I don't find it strong at all, and the bottle is beautiful, it's like a piece of art. I'm so glad I found this!
Update: I've been wearing this for 3 years now and it's my husbands favorite. It's so very sexy! I wear it about 5 days out of the week and everyday I wear it he says how good I smell. This is my HG! :)

on 10/7/2006 3:33:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I love this scent! My boyfriend jokes that this is my fairy princess perfume. I normally don't like girly scents but this one just smells magical to me--it's light and mysterious at the same time. Though it might sound strange that a scent could conjure up an image, this fragrance reminds me of a famous Victorian painting: "Midsummer's Eve" by Edward Robert Hughes. The painting shows an image of a lovely young woman holding an instrument surrounded by tiny fairies. I imagine that the tiny fey creatures smelled like this perfume.

Popular Fragrances