Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

3.5

on 4/26/2014 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this about a year ago after reading countless reviews about how "enchanting" and "magical" it smells and how pretty the bottle was. Honestly, this smells like funky armpit to me with a heavy note of powder. And the bottle looks cheap and tacky in person.

I keep revisiting it in hopes that I'll change my mind but that hasn't happened yet. I did buy it from a discount perfume store, so there is a small chance I got an "off" bottle or a straight up knockoff.

So stay away, or at least smell it in person, and see how it wears before taking the plunge. To get an idea of my fragrance preference, Chloe EDP has been my HG for years.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I can't believe I have never reviewed this magical scent. From the beautiful fairy tale bottle to the genius marriage of licorice, patchouli, cherry, violet and ivy leaves, this sumptuous delicacy is never too much. It's a perfect poem of a scent - doesn't take itself too seriously and yet always speaks with a lyrical tongue. There's a hay-like accord in this that I simply adore.
Now it's around 15 years old, and hasn't aged an iota, Lolita Lempicka's timelessness has been proven. Even if the fashions shift back to solar musks and salty ozone scents, this is one of the best gourmands ever made. The new praline scents that are ten-a-penny are messy disasters next to this composed young lady.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

In my opinion this is one nasty, artificial/plasticky scent. I really dislike it and dont get the rave reviews

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Lovely, complex scent. I can discern vanilla, licorice, and floral... It really lasts too. A scent that could be night or day, Lempicka is sophisticated and unique.

on 11/14/2011 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Me and Lolita share a story that begins a long long time ago, practically in 1997 when it was launched and until recently I never thought I would love it.

Well, I was only nine years old then, at the kitchen of the house I lived with my family, drawing the pages of one of my mother's magazines. I still remember the moment I saw the advertisement, it was one of the most charming things ever, a beautiful dryad lying in the dark, enchanting wood... And I smelled the paper strip. I wasn't impressed-I was just a kid after all- but since it's a very memorable scent this very moment is engraved in my memory. The beauty, my mother's magazine, our old kitchen, my family's love somehow were connected with this scent in a magical way... Till this day I feel like having a guardian angel by my side while wearing Lolita...

Since then years came by and every now and then I came across the wonderful picture, always felt a bit emotional and considered the bottle a true piece of art but I never tested the fragrance itself. I don't know why, I might didn't want to connect the smell with my present and break the bound between the scent and my precious childhood memories.

Two years ago a mini of it was offered with a magazine and I couldn't help but purchasing it since I collect perfume miniatures. I remember being anxious while applying a drop on my wrist. I was SO disappointed I couldn't believe it! It was so strong... and green... and potent! Really sad I washed it off and never touched the tiny beauty again.

But another day, a few months later I walked in the mall and passed by the most beautiful bottle I've ever seen, tested on a paper strip and nope, same negative reaction. I was so pissed! How could it happen? Where was the soft, comforting scent I always had on my mind? I gave it a last chance anyway, sprayed lightly in the air, walked through the mist and continued my shopping. As the time came by I noticed an increasingly delightful aura all over me. The longer it stayed the better it smelled and lasted ALL day- I didn't even want to take a shower (well I did at last!)

After all I bought a small bottle to see what happens. It's been almost two years since then and I have to admit I was scared of the initial spray. It's a really really potent combination of anise, ivy and licorice and that's the challenging part. I honestly have to wait two hours for the best part to begin but the drydown... OH LORD, SUCH A DELIGHT! The licorice, the musk, the almond, the vanilla, the praline...! It sounds like a candy shop, but it doesn't smell like that for sure! The particular combination of notes creates such a rich, earthy, not foody-sweet but rather woody-sweet scent I can't get enough of! And it lasts... and lasts... and lasts, exceptional quality perfume!

For me it's a strictly winter scent since it warms me up. You have to appreciate deep, complex scents in order to like this one, I don't think it's meant to be worn by teenagers. And it's unique- I've never smelled something similar. It took a long time to realize it's a masterpiece and extra-precious to me due to the memories. Somehow we're meant to go through rough times and live happily ever after just like in every proper fairytale.. Wearing this magical scent feels like resting on the most comfortable couch you can imagine of, in front of the fireplace with the snow falling outside, before a good sleep full of dreams with fairies and enchanted forests...

''I drew on my distant memories to recreate this intense moment when a girl is waiting to become a woman." Lolita Lempicka.

Charming...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Oh my lord. My mother and I had heard a lot about the complex licorice, vanilla, green ivy and violet notes and sought it out to try. We sprayed it on both our wrists and waited a few minutes, both sniffed and and our eyes met. What? I said, Do you smell what I smell? She said that can't be synthetic rubber and some sort of chemical smell? And I said is it SPERMIDAL CONDOMS?? YES! She cried, thats it, how disgusting! So thats what the advertising meant when it called this the "My First Time Fragrance"! It seems to be a simple 2-note perfume, first the "condom accord" then dries down to a sour peppery musk. No sweetness, no green notes or licorice ect. Just spermicidal condoms and cheap old musk. Didn't last long it faded quickly thank god. To sum up, I'd rather smell like a wet dog or a piece of cheese than this. Fragrances REALLY seem to be a matter of opinion.

on 5/23/2011 3:11:00 PM

Love, Love, Love this perfume!!!! First bought it 8 years ago and still love it.

on 10/15/2010 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is indeed a very interesting, mystic fragrance and it smells exactly how the add looks like: it smells like that bewiched forest, where fairies are hiding, sweet, tempting, makes me wanna dream.... and I really can imagine a fairy wearing this and the bottle is so unique and just pretty :) Though I have to admit that Im not very fond of the top note. That star anise/violet/ivy-cocktail is way too overpowering for my nose and thats the only reason I took one lippy off. But the middle note and the base are just wowzers! Love that cherry-scent combined with iris and liquorice and the always-noticable vanilla- and almond-base are my very own drug and they make this perfume so soft :D There are also other ingredients like the tonka bean, praline, musk, tobacco etc. but they are mixed very well, as I dont smell each one of them but they do give this perfume that depth and the extra something (youll know what I mean after you weared this a couple of hours ;) ).

So overall, if you like powdery sweet nifty scents: Lolita is something you must try out <3 Ive rarely seen an add that describes the perfume itself so well like thisone.

on 10/23/2009 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've finally bought this after hemming and hawing about it. I had received the L de Lolita Lempicka as a gift for my b-day (you can see the separate review there), but this one is the one I've been wanting. It works well with my body chemistry; perfume is a very subjective thing, and I know this smells off with some people, but this one worked on me. I do spritz lightly into the air and walk through the falling mist, then touch the wet tip to my wrists, and that's enough. So happy to finally have this scent. The staying power of this scent is very good, which is why this one gets the full 5 lippies.

Edit: I spritzed both my Lolita Lempicka scents directly on my arm rather than walk through the mist as an experiment. I can pick out some of the more complex notes, a little bit green, and I can pick out the anise notes. I absolutely love this scent. I'm actually sitting here sniffing my arm.

Edit 9/2011: I think my body chemistry changed. This doesn't smell as pleasant as before, almost acrid and sharp for a while. I'll drop it down to 4 lippies.

on 10/22/2009 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this product without testing it first, and I have to say I was pretty nervous that it would react negatively with my body chemistry. That didn't happen at all. This scent smells AMAZING on me, and I have gotten so many compliments on it! Lolita smells light and girly but it has a darker, musky note to it so you don't end up smelling like every other woman on Earth. The packaging is adorable, and I found the spray top pretty easy to use as long as you use your thumb as leverage. This is my first perfume, and I'm so glad I bought it!

Popular Fragrances