Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

on 6/18/2009 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my first review ever on MUA.
I love this perfume. After years of wearing strictly "natural and organic" essential oils, my husband picked this out for me when we got married in Las Vegas four years ago.
It is sweet, whimsical and unique. To me, there is no other scent like it. Every time I smell it I am reminded of my wedding day (well, that and the old Bumble and Bumble formulations for curly hair), and I often wear it for "date night".
It's not for everyone, certainly. But it's one of my signature scents.
I love it all, from the licorice and anise topnotes to its sweet vanilla and musk drydown.

on 12/4/2008 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I first tested LL back when it was first launched (1997), but being 19 at the time & not yet into really sweet perfumes, I gave it a miss. However, after having bought Nina recently & loving it very much, I finally caved in & got myself a cheap 5ml miniature of LL on eBay last week. It smells just like the way I remembered it. Only, now I've become a sweet/gourmand perfume lover, thus my nose is able to appreciate its wonderful sweetness-- and it is simply DIVINE! It's sweet, spicy, nutty, woody & green at the same time. Wow. Definitely unique & in a class of its own, which cannot be said about the countless generic, zero-personality gourmands saturating the market today. I also agree that the scent really does have a whimsical, fairy tale quality to it which brings to mind fairies, nymphs & all sorts of magical woodland creatures. Even the fancy apple bottle looks like something straight out of Snow White! This is THE floral gourmand for women 30-something & older who want to smell sweet, yet sexy & sophisticated. One of my HG perfumes, for sure.

on 3/4/2008 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Cute bottle, yummy foody fragrance. I like to wear the warm scent during winter time and makes me feel so cozy! Its pretty and its a very complex scent, it goes through various stages of scents: I smell chocolate tonka bean, vanilla, musk and the dry down is very violet. It smells expensive.

on 7/18/2006 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm on my third bottle of this deliciously sexy parfum! My SO adores this stuff. I looove the ivy, earthy notes in this fragrance! It smells like Ivy & cotton candy (toned down of course) It's a verrry alluring scent for evening, although I tend to think you could wear this both day & night time! I don't see how anyone could dislike this fragrance and if anyone does, send it to me! *hehe!* It's a good change from my signature scent's (Chanel)

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've sampled this fragrance twice, I've yet to buy.

The first time, it was with some friends. It was sprayed on a strip, and then I rubbed it on me. At first spray, it was crazy spice, earthy and green, too much for my taste. I figured I wouldn't like it, but after I rubbed it on me, it sweetened with my chemistry to something less spicy. I was iffy with it, but regardless I couldn't stop smelling my wrist.

The second time was this afternoon. At first spray, this time direct to my wrist, it was very spicy and anise-y, but as it dried down, it sweetened up to a sort of ivy, anise musk, sort of like a honeyed floral with spicy notes of aniseseed. The longer it mixed with my chemistry, the sweeter it got, and it became very delicious. I plan to buy a full bottle tomorrow actually.

It lasts relatively long, one spray has held up about three hours so far, after washing my hands twice it's still there, but it's barely there. However, it still has about a inch of silliage. When the perfume was fresh, any movement towards the general direction my face would just waft a cloud of it my way.

Its a very romantic, ethereal fragrance. Is it summery, not really, only because the moment I hit the humidity from the bus, the fragrance just PPTHed on me. I f there's low or no humidity, the fragrance isnt overbearing or anything. In the cold, it's very warming.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

A few years ago I accidently sprayed myself with Lolita Lempicka in a Sephora store (trying to figure out how the stem sprayer worked...). My husband sniffed me a few minutes later and said "What's that??!? It's great on you!" Okay... Fast forward a few years and I finally bought myself a bottle. It's not an everyday scent, more something I'll wear for an evening out. I really like how unique and different it is, and it does smell good on me. It gets two thumbs up from me.

on 3/10/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This doesn't seem like a remake of Angel to me, but like a remake of Poison (the original). Even the apple-shaped purple bottle is similar. It is sweeter than Poison, in keeping with current tastes, but it has a similar decadent feel. Like Poison, I like it a lot, although I can't quite figure out why--both fragrances have many notes I usually dislike.

on 7/5/2009 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Oh, how I love this product. I'd been reading reviews on it for a while, but was never brave enough to purchase it until I saw a bottle on sale for $20. I figured, "Why not?" so I bought it. It's one of my favourite perfumes- I usually wear it layered over Yves Rocher's Vanilla EDT, although it's perfectly fine on its own. It lasts all day, and I always get compliments on how good I smell.

on 9/2/2006 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had been looking at the bottle and wondering how it smelled for the longest time. I got a deluxe sample at sephora and couldn't wait to get home to try it. Well I hate it. the bottle is LOVELY. The scent just doesn't do it for me.

here i always thought i was easy going towards scents and I really hadn't ever met one i didn't like. This is one of the very few that i can not wear. Honestly I would buy it just to have the empty bottle though lol the bottle to me is just artwork and i adore it.

on 7/21/2004 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wasn't sure whether to give my most-hated fragrance award to this, or to Donna Karan's Black Cashmere for its hellish spiciness, but I think I'll go with this for the dreaded licorice/anise accord, aggravated by whatever that sickeningly-sweet note is. Ugly bottle, too. I even hate the name.

Popular Fragrances