Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

3.7

on 1/18/2011 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I stopped wearing perfume LONG ago....but after receiving a sample of this with my sephora order, I am in love. I will go and buy the full size bottle. At first I thought maybe I wouldn't spring for the full size because the only thing I don't like about it is the powdery smell in it...but...it really does mesmerize me and I can't resist the smell...I find myself wanting to wear it even if I am staying home...just so I can smell myself....I haven't asked myself out on a date yet but I'm considering it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The first time I sniffed this, a few years back, I thought it was strange and unusual, and put the scent strip from Nordstrom in my purse. After a day or so I kept smelling this great scent wafting up, and I tried to find it and I later discovered it was the scent strip that had gotten lodged in one of the inner pockets of my purse. It is a gourmand, sweet, and a very striking one. It has several standout notes that make it so you'll probably either love it or hate it. My husband said (upon the first time I wore it around him) that I smelled like sweet crayons. I think it smells like a fall carnival nearby a wood, magical, sweet, crisp, with earthy and green notes. The base very noticeably contains vetiver; you also cannot miss the licorice, anise seed, almond, and ivy notes in this as well. The standout floral here is violet, mixed with iris. The tonka bean/almond/vanilla/heliotrope in the base make this a very sweet, powdery oriental scent.

Here is the complete list of notes:
Top: Anise seed, licorice, violet
Middle: Ivy, amarena heart (small almond-scented cherry), iris
Base: Tonka bean, almond, vanilla, heliotrope, musk, vetiver

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a mysteriously sweet scent. It has a great dry down on my skin. Many women recommended it to me as the most delicious, youthful scent, perfect for my twenties; and when I tried it out I just couldn't pass it up. The smell is sweet and musky at the same time, not sickeningly sweet or fruity, definitely not super floral either. It just has a cool balance. I spent $50 on this bottle of perfume when I have like 5 fragrances I need to use up D: But then again, perfume is something I slurge on because it is worth it.
Can we just take a moment to appreciate the bottle? It is absolutely stunning!
Purpley blue crystal apple with golden flower accents. The small twig on the apple is what you press to get the product out of the container. Absolutely stunning and creative.
I took a lippie off the rating because the perfume doesn't have the strong durability I wish it had :(

on 12/30/2013 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Five years ago, I blind bought this fragrance at a steep discount from a local drugstore. As the bottle was apple-shaped, I expected the juice inside to smell fruity and fresh. What I got instead was a heavy cloud of powder. I put it away and every now and then I would take out the bottle from its box and stare at it admiringly, but upon smelling the remaining scent on the nozzle I would be reminded of the dangerous juice--I vowed never to spray it again.

For the past half year, however, I have become increasingly disenchanted by sweet, sugary scents. I've become less attached to former favourites, and the cake and cotton candy perfumes I used to love were no longer calling to me. That's not to say that I hate all fruity and foodie scents; rather, I've become more selective when before I would be enamoured by anything that did smell like desserts, and as I've expanded my tastes, I was looking for something new.

That's when I took out Lolita Lempicka to use again. The powdery notes and muskiness this time around appealed to my nose, and I was able to make out the sweetness of the vanilla mixed with licorice. Even so, I still consider this to be more oriental than gourmand. The sillage is moderate to heavy, so a little goes a long way.

Definitely an underappreciated scent!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Lolita Lempicka is, like its name, precocious and ultrafeminine. It was one of my first perfumes, and the first thing that struck me was the gorgeous fairy-tale apple bottle. Should have a childproof cap on it, since it would always be the most noticeable thing in Mama's room. The top note is a bright little candy shop licorice, but the herbal notes present themselves in turn a bit later. All that action is accompanied by a few drops of lemon juice and a perpetual sweet, powdery base. Complex and intelligent, but impudent. This is a fanciful perfume for those who don't want to grow up.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! This is a sultry, sexy scent that I usually reserve for either Winter or evenings out. My husband is addicted to this and raves over it. I absolutely love this scent. So you can get an idea of the notes I like, my other faves are Victor and Rolf Flowerbomb and Chanel Coco Mademoiselle.

on 5/27/2010 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This smells exactly like a freshly opened box of Pampers.

on 1/14/2010 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

This made my short list of "buy agains". I like unique yet not offensive wood orientals. I don't know how to describe notes but this is simply lovely. Some spice, some vanilla, some flowers, a very unique. sweet yet woody complex frag that makes a confident interesting statement about the wearer without being offensive or rude. I really love it!

on 9/18/2005 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a greally good Oriental fragrance. When you first apply it, it smells a little strong. But once the alcahol wears off it leaves a nice, spicey, sweet, sophisticated fragrance. I will definetly buy this again!

on 10/2/2004 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

The fact that I actually bought this perfume absolutely amazes me. I have never liked fragrances like this (and I absolutely gagged on Angel). My husband actually liked it at the fragrance counter when I tried it on. For about 20 mins I wasn't sure if I liked it, but then as it mixed with my chemistry I was completely smitten! Since fragrance conjures up images and pictures for me, this makes me think of an exotic harem with lots of purples and golds. Very lush and sensual. I purchased the "midnight" version, which the SA informed me was between Eau de Parfum and Parfum and is a limited edition. I need that because very often fragrances just disappear on me. I got the limited-edition roller bottle which is absolutely exquisite with its trademark whimsical packaging and gold roller ball. This whole experience took me by suprise and I am so glad I decided to try something vastly different from what I usually wear. When I looked up the notes of this fragrance, I was suprised to find that this perfume is made up of two seperate parts that have their own base, middle and top notes. No wonder it smells so unique!!
UPDATE: I am continuing to wear this, and I have to say, I believe I have found my HG. I never thought this would be it, since I was always into skin scents but I don't want to wear anything else anymore!

Popular Fragrances