Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

3.4

on 4/27/2018 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This was a blind buy. I've tried it three times and it is musty, dusty, and fusty on me. It doesn't work for me at all.

This is the first blind buy in 30+ years that I can't do SOMETHING with and that I truly regret. The bottle is really fun and attractive, but the stem seems a little flimsy, and I don't buy fragrances for the bottle anyway.

I verified the batch code on checkfresh and it's from 2016; the bottle and the wrapping shielded the juice from light, so I don't think staleness is an issue. Now to figure out what to do with the "leftovers"...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I first bought this about 6 years ago at saks on michigan ave Chicago. I tried it there as it was right next to the lamer area. I was with my elderly mom who said that it smelled like the perfume she wore on her wedding day in 1941, midnight in Paris. I didn't give that much thought, but I bought the fragrance that day. Wasn't really hooked on it. The other day I put some on from that original bottle from saks 6 yrs ago; my mom has Alzheimer's and when I went to see her in the care center , she said oh my you smell like midnight in Paris.. Now she is hit and miss remembering me, but still knew that scent. So I have worn it daily since the other day and have had like 5 men tell me I smelled amazing. I now ordered the other parts of the collection of the original Lolita lempicka. I was looking up the perfume and designer and am even more in love with it as the gals name is almost like mine and has polish roots to its naming of Lolita lempicka. I can't wait to get the cream and shower cream and deoderant. I'm 52 and it took this many years to settle on a signature scent. The dry down fades to a musky sweet scent, kinda powdery but very feminine. Sultry, kinda dark n mysterious.

Lovely bottle, silly stem spritzer, delightful scent. I'm a fan of the whole Lolita Lempicka line--there's not one I've tried that I didn't like, though on the whole, Fleur Coral and Au Masculin are my faves. This original LL is lovely--sweet, but not too sweet, with enough anise/violet/vetiver to keep it interesting and lift the sugary notes up a bit. Spray it with a light hand--both because the stem makes it hard to give a heavy spritz, but also because this one has real staying power so you don't need a lot.

on 6/20/2010 6:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I agree with other reviewers who have noted the Tim Burton vibe, this one's got it! And that's why I love it, and wear it quite a lot. I smell this all the time in Italy, it's extremely popular there. And for anise/licorice lovers, you must have this in your collection. Quirky, sweet, and addictive....

on 6/28/2008 7:10:00 PM

I have recently started wearing L de Lolita (I alternate with Pink Sugar, yeah I like the sweet scents!) so I was very interested to see what this was like. The inital application is very green (ivy?) and then the anise/sugar note drifts in. This is an intriguing fragrance, it reminds me of when I got to try absinthe at a party. The licorice/herbal liquor was mixed with water poured over a sugar cube and that's what this scent makes me remember. When I wear this, I feel as if I'm in a garden drinking absinthe. For me, this is a dark romantic perfume, like something Anne Rice's vampires might wear, so I will use this as a night scent, but definitely a wonderful way to get in a decadent mood!

on 6/17/2008 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have been wearing the LL Eau Legere for some time and it didn't last as long as i would like so I bought the Eau de Parfum hoping for a bit more staying power and I have to say I am disappointed - the perfume goes on great and the licorice notes in particular are more obvious and interesting but the dry-down just disappears into my skin and is lost. I have taken to wearing the two strengths together to get a bit more mileage - I think it's ok - no-one has fainted in my wake ....When they are done I don't think I shall be buying again. Perhaps the Midnight version will give me the hit I need. Meanwhile still love the bottles they are gorgeous!!

on 9/30/2005 4:35:00 PM

I have a glass cabinet in my bathroom. Thats the only reason I bought this. 'cuz it looks great sitting on display. I was prepared to hate it. I do hate it when first sprayed. It just sucks. Smells of heavy, cheap violet through a nasty ozone air filter. During the dry down too. I almost washed it off 'cuz I couldn't take it. Then I got busy and forgot I had it on. An hour later I suddenly found myself getting these delicious whiffs of something...mmmmmmmm...what IS that great smell??? OH!! It's me!! How is it possible that something so horrific out of that lovely bottle smells soooo wonderful an hour later?? I love this stuff for all the reasons the other lovers state. I knocked off 1 lippie because I'm a hater for the first hour and because it doesn't last that long on me, leaving only a small window to love it.

on 5/25/2005 10:48:00 AM

This is like a really rich, decadent dessert. It's very complex, exotic and sweet. I can see why someone would say it's not for everyday but then I can also see the other side that life is too short to save things for special occasions. As much as I like this one, for me personally, it is way too much to wear every day and I think that I would get sick of it very fast. It has fantastic lasting power so you only need 1 or 2 sprays.

on 1/7/2004 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I got a sample flyer for this fragrance a few years ago and loved what I smelled on the paper sample. After I purchased this fragrance, however, I guess you could say I got sort of strange comments - everytime I wore this someone asked me if I was wearing baby lotion?? My chemistry must make it smell like babies?? I used up what I had but probably will never purchase any more.

on 9/8/2002 3:48:00 AM

way to vanilla-y scented...sickly sweet and over done. love the bottle however