Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka
Lolita Lempicka ad

3.1

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

On me, LL actually starts pretty boozy, in the best possible way, but it's mostly herbal and deep with a beautiful hit of spice.
Unfolds into a dreamy concoction of flowers and seasonings, I think Annick Menardo approached this one like like recipe for some kind of arcane fae creature celebration.

It could have been hork inducing sticky sweet but for the use of piquant anise and deep, mysterious licorice.
Tonka and vanilla make it toe curling yummy.
Vetiver and musk give it a fleshy, sensuous feel.

The overall effect is one I like to compare to a walk in the woods, in the deep of night, with fairies flying everywhere, treats falling from the midnight sky while the druids prepare some kind of potion hidden deep in their lair.
Magic, fairytale like but with the longevity of a tantric voyage through the ages.

The bottle: Beautiful, yes, BUT... The spraying mechanism is the biggest PITA I have ever used omg.
I will forgive this design flaw, though: The scent is that good.

Compared to SL Douce Amère: It's dreamier, more ethereal, I find DA more "NYC party", more sophisticated, but LL (on me) feels more... deliciously frivolous.

on 4/19/2014 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this based on the recommendation of one of my friends who knew I liked Angel. It was so much like Angel that I thought; why bother.

on 10/5/2012 8:51:00 PM

I think this is a lovely fragrance in a lovely bottle.

on 4/24/2008 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ewww....salty licorice and leaves do not go together. Not on me, anyway.

on 2/21/2005 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A love it or hate it scent. I wanted to love the lttle blue apple, but alas, the scent smells nasty and chemical-y on me, kinda like plastic.

on 10/16/2004 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I liked the way this smelled in the bottle and on me, but it turned out that I was very allergic to something in this that made my skin burn after using it for a week or so. I had purchased the perfume and the body lotion, and the lotion actually made my skin peel- again after about a week of daily use. Just a warning to be careful if your skin is at all sensitve. I've never experienced this with any other perfume or perfumed lotion, so I was really surprised.

on 10/13/2004 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am a Hanae Mori and Angel devotee. I should like this. I don't. While I enjoy the first twenty minutes of licorice and powder, it becomes far too cloying and sweet on me as it dries down to a doughy sugar cane kind of blob with no other notes discernable. Yes, I might it give it one more try - others have similar experiences, but I don't mind just staying with the Hanae Mori Butterfly.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a really lovely scent. I'm pretty sure my boyfriend likes this scent a lot. It smells sweet, and sort of foodish like candy, but when used sparingly it's so delicious!! It has licorice, vanilla, anise (?) I believe and is a wonderful wonderful fragrance. It reminds me of youth but is timeless too.

on 5/16/2003 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is still one of my all-time favorites. It's got that great buzzy undertone thing going on like escada collection. When I wear this I smell good all day. I use the bath and shower cream, the lotion, and I even spray the perfume on my sheets. I am besotted and faithful. Lots of other fragrances I love and wear, but this one's anise, vanilla, tonka combination is a pure work of art, and I keep coming back to it. The fragrance is so unique-- sophisticated,eccentric, self-assured, sexy... :-)

on 8/11/2002 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm undecided on Lolita Lempicka EDP. It seems to go through so many mini-phases, constantly changing, where it smells good at times, but then switches to
medicinal or skunky. Very confusing. I like the men's version too and am intrigued with the combination of notes in all of the LL's. The women's version has its moments. I like the final drydown best as it smells good, is not too strong, and is predictable and not changing further at that point.
Three hours to wait til it gets to that point is a bit long for me.
I just don't like the strength and uncertainties before it gets there.
Later -- I found the Legere version
is perfect for me - see my review of LL Legere.