Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka
Lolita Lempicka ad

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

On me, LL actually starts pretty boozy, in the best possible way, but it's mostly herbal and deep with a beautiful hit of spice.
Unfolds into a dreamy concoction of flowers and seasonings, I think Annick Menardo approached this one like like recipe for some kind of arcane fae creature celebration.

It could have been hork inducing sticky sweet but for the use of piquant anise and deep, mysterious licorice.
Tonka and vanilla make it toe curling yummy.
Vetiver and musk give it a fleshy, sensuous feel.

The overall effect is one I like to compare to a walk in the woods, in the deep of night, with fairies flying everywhere, treats falling from the midnight sky while the druids prepare some kind of potion hidden deep in their lair.
Magic, fairytale like but with the longevity of a tantric voyage through the ages.

The bottle: Beautiful, yes, BUT... The spraying mechanism is the biggest PITA I have ever used omg.
I will forgive this design flaw, though: The scent is that good.

Compared to SL Douce Amère: It's dreamier, more ethereal, I find DA more "NYC party", more sophisticated, but LL (on me) feels more... deliciously frivolous.

on 10/5/2015 1:32:00 PM

This is my one of two "go-to" perfumes...the other being Chanel Mademoiselle Coco. I have been wearing this fragrance (Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka) ever since it arrived and I still Love it! I have a hard time finding it in Las Vegas, but thankfully Neiman's still carries Lolita Lempicka...I get many compliments from both men and women...they love the fragrance on me! Everyone's body chemistry is different---and what smells absolutely yummy on me, might stink like bug spray on you! This is why a perfume review is of little worth---everyone must try it for themselves. But FYI, I love it for me!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I have this and will wear it in the cooler months. Warning : it is a strong perfume ! I mostly get licorice and Tonka bean from this. I will not repurchase because it lasts forever and a little goes a long way.

Buy again: maybe...leaning toward yes because it's very unique and I'm in love with the adorable bottle. I bought this on a whim after reading numerous reviews because Groupon had it for a steal. I had never smelled it before. I was very nervous about the baby powder some reviewers mentioned, but I took a chance anyway. I like creamy/smooth/powdery scents, not baby powder.
Admittedly, the baby powder smell was strong here, and almost overpowering at first spray. But there was something darker lingering behind the powder that told me to hold off a few minutes before judging. I soon found out that it was the licorice pricking my nose. I DESPISE black licorice as a flavor. HOWEVER, having the scent mixed with the powder, the final smell worked for me. It's sweet, but not like candy or caramel. It's more like a powdered Dr. Pepper or Coke...or a powdered licorice-flavored jelly bean. At least that's how this perfume worked on me.
I have the parfum version and it is very strong. One spray on one wrist, dabbed on the other, and that's about all I can take.

I can see why people hate it, just as much as I can see why people love it. It's really a "to each her own" kind of perfume.
If you hate it, it's still super cute on a vanity or perfume tray.

Update (next day): By the end of the day yesterday, I was ready to scrub the perfume off my arm. It wasn't the power that got to me, it was the licorice. It eventually got so potent that I could nearly taste the flavor in my mouth, and again, I HATE black licorice. I'll try again but spray with a very light hand. But now I'm leaning toward not repurchasing.

on 4/19/2014 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this based on the recommendation of one of my friends who knew I liked Angel. It was so much like Angel that I thought; why bother.

on 11/2/2013 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

When this first came out and thought it was too thick smelling and cloyingly sweet for me. I'm curious how I'd react to it now.

The name is cool, though. Lolita Lempicka. Strange associations: reminds me of Lotte Lenya for some odd reason. Also reminds me of a scent Betsy Johnson would wear.

I do not recommend at all

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This review is for Lolita Lempicka La Premiur Parfum EDT (the bottle with the little bite out of it). A very surprising Lolita for me. I liberally doused myself with this particular Lolita, expecting another wonderful experience, such as I had with Lolita Lempicka L. As I was dousing myself, I dropped the little bottle on my carpet. It rolled. I quickly picked it up, but some of the perfume had gone into my carpet. But I digress.
This little bottle is adorable, and it's that darn little bite out of it that made me drop it. It's unwieldy. I digress again.
So I waited to see what notes would appear. This Lolita smelled of almonds, surrounded by violet leaf and licorice. In the background I sensed incense. It boiled down to powdery nuttiness on me that lasted perhaps an hour and then disappeared. It's a very pretty fragrance, very light and unassuming. It's sillage on my body was not very strong at all. If I wanted it to last longer, I'd have to re-apply more often, which is ok, albeit this is a very light, summertime fragrance.
Here's the ending to where I digressed before. A few hours later, I returned to my bedroom where I had spilled the perfume earlier. Phew! Even tho the A/C was on, I could still smell this Lolita pretty strongly in the room. Apparently it stays on inanimate objects longer than me. My room smelled beautiful.
Top Notes: Vanille, Amalfi Lemon, Almond, Apricot, Cherry.
Middle Notes: Iris, Jasmine, Licorice.
Base Notes: Musk, Incense, Violet Leaf.

on 7/5/2013 7:42:00 PM

Sweet powdery goodness with hints of licorice. It has a very balanced feel & blends well with my skin rather than sit on top of it. Sadly it doesn't last long & its throw is weak.

on 2/2/2013 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Recently, I acquired an adorable Lolita Lempicka mini. Having read many fantastic reviews, I was looking forward to the fragrance. It turns out that LL is quite enjoyable; however, I must admit Id rather wear Angel. In fact, Id rather wear several other girly foody fragrances, for example, L by Lolita Lempicka. In this case, it is best to overlook ones personal taste and judge the fragrance objectively. Basically, its a delicious, spicy dessert, and after 16 years, LL still holds its own against all of the very berry cupcake designer fragrances.

on 10/5/2012 8:51:00 PM

I think this is a lovely fragrance in a lovely bottle.

Popular Fragrances