Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka
Lolita Lempicka ad

4.1

on 6/4/2016 5:59:00 AM

This scent is divine. Just gorgeous! Sweet and mysterious. While shopping there was only one other fragrance that I liked...and it was Black Opium. But I preferred Lolita Lempicka because the scent is just so unique. Many fragrances can say I'm woman and I'm sexy. But only this says I'm woman, come find me.

on 7/30/2014 8:22:00 AM

yuck, nauseatingly sweet. way too much. like extreme cotton candy.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Magical, enchanting, fairytaile-ish,... I feel a bit like a princess when i spray this on. I love the powdery, strong yet tender scent. But most of all I'm in LOVE with the botlle like seriously in love ... The blue apple witg gold.. So romantic and pretty

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I have been wearing this everyday. It is a lovely, woodsy, licorice type scent with a hint of sweetness. It mellows down quite lovely on my skin and holds out for the day. Definitely a very unique fragrance but I do enjoy it

on 9/17/2013 11:22:00 PM

This is my HG fragrance. I first encountered this years ago in a magazine as a paper strip sample. I was enchanted by the advertisement itself, and once I got a whiff of the scent I had to have it. I do not like licorice. So I was surprised how much I LOVE this fragrance. It's spicy, warm, sweet, woodsy and food-y all at the same time. It melts into my skin and works perfectly with my body chemistry. I love it so much I apply throughout the day and often find myself smelling my own arm...lol! I have tried other fragrances, and had some favorites (Juicy Couture, Viva La Juicy, VS Very Sexy for Her) but NOTHING compares to Lolita Lempicka. I feel the urge to stockpile this so I will never be without! The only time I have ever smelled it anywhere else was a trip to the D.C. zoo years ago, I caught a whiff from the lady in front of me and recognized it immediately. I was wearing a different scent at the time, and I just wanted to follow her around so I could smell it! Money is tight, I do wish I could find a dupe because I'm surviving off sample vials and travel-size bottles...I know they make one but I supposed I'm a snob...can't bring myself to try it. Love, love, love this perfume!

The notes: ivy leaves, licorice flower, anise seed, amarena cherry, violets, iris, vanilla, praline, tonka bean, vetiver and musk according to online research.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Certainly much more wearable than Angel for me. Great to layer with Nivea body lotion or any lotion that has a mild scent. Best to wear on cool autumn days.

on 1/16/2012 9:26:00 AM

One of my favourite scents, made by one of my favourite perfumers. Annick Menardo's Lolita Lempicka eau de parfum is a work of art. The 1990s saw a gourmand boom, hot to cash in on the success of Mugler's Angel. Lolita Lempicka rode that wave, but with originality not found in many gourmands made then and since.

The other main gourmand violet that moves me is Ropion's original Aimez-Moi. They're both zingy, feisty perfumes -- but the original Caron brings to mind crisp autumn days in England or ice cold Hitchcock blondes like Eva Marie Saint and Tippi Hedren.
Lolita Lempicka smoulders -- sweet, rich and darkly sexy. She's Ingrid Bergman in Notorious or Spellbound, or the unhinged beauty played by Marion Cotillard in Inception. Yes, she is definitely Cotillard in 'that' dress, and Cotillard threatening to...jump...

Grown-ups with a fondness for a fairytale or gothic aesthetic will fall in love with the wonderful bottle -- Eve's apple -- purple and gold, with deliciously curly script and curved stem. The design goes well with the super-candied-and-spiced violet-anise. There's a herbal quality to the top of the scent which makes me consider an absinthe note, but it's not exactly absinthe. The patchouli is sweet but ever so slightly 'vetivered'. There's a dance of hot and cool -- I suspect it's the way the anise-violet-iris accord is so expertly handled. Ropion too does the cool-warm thing well in Aimez-Moi but, as I said before, those anise-soaked violets are in the sun, Menardo's are in the shade, maybe even half-buried in the dirt. I get a little cherry sometimes, if I'm lucky -- but this note is better felt in a LE Amarena version of the scent, released years ago.

The perfumer is one of a few who can take a tooth-achingly sweet gourmand base-scent and soften it with smoke or rubber (think Guerlain Bois D'Armenie, think Bulgari Black) and there's smoke here too, snaking its way right through the heart of Lolita-L, getting lost in a haze of heliotrope, getting hopelessly tangled in liquorice whips and lost in a thin mist of powdered sugar.

The way the name trips off the tongue -- Lolita Lempicka -- fabulous. What is that Nabokov quote? "...Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta."

Full marks for everything. Think: wild glamour, lost souls, chaotic love and dangerous beauty. Wow, just - wow.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to like this so much. I love woody oriental type frangrances but this scent was a no go. On first spray I get a strong hit of fruit and ivy. After a little while I smelled my wrist and I still get the fruit but also a strong musk. It almost smells like I had two different scents on my wrist, it's a little schizophrenic. The final dry down is a wonderful anise, tonka bean and musk scent. If the first spray smelled like the final dry down, I would totally love this. But it's not worth the hour or two it takes to get to it. The bottle is wonderful though.

on 6/19/2011 2:45:00 PM

Lolita Lempicka is definitely sweet. But unlike many other perfumes, the sweetness here isn't foodie nor floral and I don't find it to be a necessarily girlish scent.

As so many others have mentioned, the licorice/anise note is very prominent here. But don't think candy licorice, rather it's the star anise straight out of the spice cabinet - spicy (in a peppery way), musty, and with a peculiar sharpness. The heavy ivy note in the beginning also adds a rather intense (imo) greenness. There is a sweetness to the beginning as well but it's obviously separate from the ivy and licorice. It's as if someone put a bowl of sugared water beside the anise and the ivy and then you took a deep inhale..... Separate, but together. I find the overall result is a somewhat medicinal (but not necessarily in a bad way) opening; perhaps a bit too sharply green for my own personal taste but still nice enough.

The middle is where the ivy fades a great deal and seems to be replaced by a woodiness. It's still quite green but the vanilla starts to creep out and the sweetness from the vanilla seems to mix in with the other notes and the sugar tempers the sharpness a bit. The spicyness of the opening licorice remains and combines very well with the sweet. The notes also get a bit more powdery but not intensely so. Personally I'm not very fond of powdery scents but Lolita doesn't get bad enough that I find it unappealing.

The greenness is mostly completely gone in the base. I find the base to be the sweetest part of the entire fragrance. The powderiness from earlier fades a great deal and the scent warms quite a bit and loses the forest-y part of it from earlier. Lolita becomes quite honey-like with bits of spicy chocolate/vanilla and there are the barest, barest hints to something else (licorice, greens). For those of you who don't really like sweet scents though, it's still alright, the base I find to be very very faint and fleeting. You have to concentrate to smell it. The musk does peek out a bit as well, but less so on my skin (on clothes though, it's a different story - the muskiness and peppery aspects are much more prominent and it's much more unisex/mens aftershave kind of scent). The base isn't exactly as warm and inviting as I would like, but then, Lolita's not really a "comforting" fragrance so it makes sense.

Longevity is decent, about 8ish hours or so. And as so many others have said, the bottle's beautifully adorable. I haven't had any issues with the spray top yet but sometimes it can be a bit difficult to see exactly where you've got the opening nozzle turned if you're not paying attention.

Overall, a decent frag. I like it, but it can get a bit sharp for me at times - it might rate a bit higher if the vanilla notes came out more for me and the ivy was toned down just a little-little bit. I find the advertisements to be a fair representation of the perfume - all dark greens and woods but with a sweet dryad at the heart of it all.

on 5/2/2011 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Either I need a new nose or this stuff is terrible. I put it down there with "Angel", at least on me.

Popular Fragrances