Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

3.6

on 1/18/2011 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I stopped wearing perfume LONG ago....but after receiving a sample of this with my sephora order, I am in love. I will go and buy the full size bottle. At first I thought maybe I wouldn't spring for the full size because the only thing I don't like about it is the powdery smell in it...but...it really does mesmerize me and I can't resist the smell...I find myself wanting to wear it even if I am staying home...just so I can smell myself....I haven't asked myself out on a date yet but I'm considering it.

on 9/26/2008 11:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I love everything about this fragrance! This smells changes throughout the day on me and it just gets more beautiful as it changes. It starts off delicately sweet and powdery,a smell which is so unique and inviting. The drydown is my favorite. It smells like wet leaves and rich soil which might sound unappealing but it is actually so feminine and subtle. I have to put my nose to my wrist to smell the earthyness. I definitely love the aniseed as well. The bottle is so gorgeous, it reminds me of something Snow White would have on her dresser. Very fairytale. Also the staying power is excellent but it can be a bit overpowering if you spray too much. A very feminine and unique fragrance. Love it!

Ah, Lolita Lempicka, I love you so. Everything about this perfume is perfect. The packaging is amazing- the juice is even more amazing. I started wearing this perfume when I was about 15, and it's been my signature ever since. I sampled it first from a Lolita Lempicka ad in my mom's Vanity Fair. The ad is what drew me in- a sultry dryad reclining on a tree. Just gorgeous. Something about this perfume is very Tim Burtonesque. It's whimsical and fairy tale-like, but sinister at the same time. It smells sweet and sharp all at once- very dichotomous. I'll quit gushing, LL is so sumptuous- please try it.

on 6/28/2008 7:10:00 PM

I have recently started wearing L de Lolita (I alternate with Pink Sugar, yeah I like the sweet scents!) so I was very interested to see what this was like. The inital application is very green (ivy?) and then the anise/sugar note drifts in. This is an intriguing fragrance, it reminds me of when I got to try absinthe at a party. The licorice/herbal liquor was mixed with water poured over a sugar cube and that's what this scent makes me remember. When I wear this, I feel as if I'm in a garden drinking absinthe. For me, this is a dark romantic perfume, like something Anne Rice's vampires might wear, so I will use this as a night scent, but definitely a wonderful way to get in a decadent mood!

on 4/3/2012 2:18:00 PM

I feel compelled to post here because a coworker of mine wears this fragrance. It literally makes me sick for an hour or two every afternoon after she sprays it in her office. It is so unbelievably nauseating and overwhelming. Instant headache. Instant misery. If you are a fan of this, please be careful when and where you spray it... I'd have a hard time thinking of any perfume I loathe and fear more than this one.

Thought I had the old formula but it's the new one after all, anywho, the sweetness is young, dark, mysterious, and fairy tale princess lost in a forest-like. It's like making the world around you into an instant fairy tale. Now I'm older and don't reach for it as much but I still consider this a gem for every bohemian girl out there. The bottle is as cute as it gets, too.

on 11/18/2012 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am so sad I ended up hating this. I'm a gourmand lover and I thought the description of this sounded absolutely gorgeous. But after swapping for it, I tried it and it smells like licorice diapers...Totally bizarre but that's the best way I can describe it! Pampers and licorice, no delicious notes in here, not at all :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I can't believe I have never reviewed this magical scent. From the beautiful fairy tale bottle to the genius marriage of licorice, patchouli, cherry, violet and ivy leaves, this sumptuous delicacy is never too much. It's a perfect poem of a scent - doesn't take itself too seriously and yet always speaks with a lyrical tongue. There's a hay-like accord in this that I simply adore.
Now it's around 15 years old, and hasn't aged an iota, Lolita Lempicka's timelessness has been proven. Even if the fashions shift back to solar musks and salty ozone scents, this is one of the best gourmands ever made. The new praline scents that are ten-a-penny are messy disasters next to this composed young lady.

I remember the day a former co-worker walked by my desk, trailing Lolita Lempicka in her wake. My nose immediately came to attention and I demanded to know what she was wearing. She gave me the name and begged me not to buy it. We were friends outside of work so I knew it would be difficult to keep my purchase a secret, but I managed to wear this scent for over a year before she finally caught on, wearing it only on dates and spraying before bed and never wearing it anywhere I knew I'd bump into her. She'd discovered it first - it was only fair...

I bought a bottle for my younger sister for Christmas one year after she fell in love with the scent once she'd smelled it on me. I think the nose instantly decides whether or not it loves or hates this fragrance; there's no in-between, no moment of contemplation.

As a couple of previous reviewers have mentioned, this perfume DOES seem as though it could be an object from a Tim Burton movie, and the smell itself is whimsical and mysterious enough to bring to mind associations from several of his films. There is almost a "fog" to this scent that is at once inviting and romantic, yet could easily hint at something darker and mysterious, lying in wait.

It's light and powdery, yet deep and multi-layered. It brings to mind the innocent fantasies of a young girl, though, make no mistake - this perfume will not hint of subtle dreams and naivitee; to wear it is to openly invite the attention of others, and though it seems to tease as much as smile in a come-hither way, it is unmistakably bold in all its intentions, even if the expression is less than direct. With Lolita Lempicka, you'll turn heads and men will come running just to stand by your side and breathe it in. Truly a fairly tale in a bottle.

If you adore the scent of parma violets, as I do, you may find yourself loving this perfume. Bonus: the smell of licorice is known to entice men and this scent is loaded with the sharp smell of it, and softened with the powdery symphony of violet petals so as to disguise the notes you are actually smelling and present them in the form of a beautiful potion that giggles and sings...

If you're a fan of Flowerbomb or Kenzo Amour, do give this a try...

My only gripe is the bottle itself - lovely as it is; it leaks when transported and I believe the scent evaporated a bit as there is no lid (though I may have displayed my first one on my dresser in full sunlight -- which I've since discovered to be a big no-no...)

on 5/30/2010 8:34:00 AM

What the he'll is that???? Got a sample, and on me it smelled like cigars mixed with sugar!! Oh my, I had to wash it off asap, just could not stand it.

Popular Fragrances