Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

3.6

on 12/16/2017 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Lolita is pleasant enough, but unfortunately I am just too tired of fragrances with fruity notes to enjoy this at the moment. I was skeptical about the licorice and anise notes, but I was surprised how well they blended with the rest of the notes and didn't smell at all like licorice. I also enjoyed the ivy notes, which kept the fragrance somewhat reigned in from being too sweet.

But the violets and cherry rose just enough above the rest to register ''fruity'' to my nose, and unfortunately that is a dealbreaker. I'm looking for more spice. This seemed less a true gourmand and more of an herbal, fruity drink rather than something yummy to eat, if that makes sense.

I would imagine this scent would definitely suit a gothic girl, or one with a more mysterious personality. I would be thrilled to smell it on someone else. It is very unique compared to most typical fruity young fragrances. But for me, it is not hitting the spot. I will file it away and possibly revisit it later.

Oh my.. I cant get enough of this. . I feel like sniffing myself over and over.. probably the most mysterious, woodsy and fairytalish fragrance ever.. a mix of liquorice, woods and sweetness in a bottle.. just amazing...

This is a weird good smelling perfume! Kind of like licorice or something but it sure is strong so I only put half a puff on. :)

Thought I had the old formula but it's the new one after all, anywho, the sweetness is young, dark, mysterious, and fairy tale princess lost in a forest-like. It's like making the world around you into an instant fairy tale. Now I'm older and don't reach for it as much but I still consider this a gem for every bohemian girl out there. The bottle is as cute as it gets, too.

on 9/8/2014 5:38:00 PM

I truly love Lolita Lempicka, such an amazing and unique scent. She has something in common with Angel, but she is definitely her own woman. Why don't I wear her more often? I hesitate to wear to work as people are so polarized about her. She will always be in my top 5 perfumes, a hauntingly beautiful scent.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Omg... i hate this with a passion!!! The smell makes me feel so nauseous if anyones wearing it nearby i have to leave the room... its like sickly sweet chocolate but it really hits theback of my throat a bit like petrol fumes would.... no no no.... bottles very pretty but that's about it!

Buy again: maybe...leaning toward yes because it's very unique and I'm in love with the adorable bottle. I bought this on a whim after reading numerous reviews because Groupon had it for a steal. I had never smelled it before. I was very nervous about the baby powder some reviewers mentioned, but I took a chance anyway. I like creamy/smooth/powdery scents, not baby powder.
Admittedly, the baby powder smell was strong here, and almost overpowering at first spray. But there was something darker lingering behind the powder that told me to hold off a few minutes before judging. I soon found out that it was the licorice pricking my nose. I DESPISE black licorice as a flavor. HOWEVER, having the scent mixed with the powder, the final smell worked for me. It's sweet, but not like candy or caramel. It's more like a powdered Dr. Pepper or Coke...or a powdered licorice-flavored jelly bean. At least that's how this perfume worked on me.
I have the parfum version and it is very strong. One spray on one wrist, dabbed on the other, and that's about all I can take.

I can see why people hate it, just as much as I can see why people love it. It's really a "to each her own" kind of perfume.
If you hate it, it's still super cute on a vanity or perfume tray.

Update (next day): By the end of the day yesterday, I was ready to scrub the perfume off my arm. It wasn't the power that got to me, it was the licorice. It eventually got so potent that I could nearly taste the flavor in my mouth, and again, I HATE black licorice. I'll try again but spray with a very light hand. But now I'm leaning toward not repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I can't believe I have never reviewed this magical scent. From the beautiful fairy tale bottle to the genius marriage of licorice, patchouli, cherry, violet and ivy leaves, this sumptuous delicacy is never too much. It's a perfect poem of a scent - doesn't take itself too seriously and yet always speaks with a lyrical tongue. There's a hay-like accord in this that I simply adore.
Now it's around 15 years old, and hasn't aged an iota, Lolita Lempicka's timelessness has been proven. Even if the fashions shift back to solar musks and salty ozone scents, this is one of the best gourmands ever made. The new praline scents that are ten-a-penny are messy disasters next to this composed young lady.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This review is for Lolita Lempicka La Premiur Parfum EDT (the bottle with the little bite out of it). A very surprising Lolita for me. I liberally doused myself with this particular Lolita, expecting another wonderful experience, such as I had with Lolita Lempicka L. As I was dousing myself, I dropped the little bottle on my carpet. It rolled. I quickly picked it up, but some of the perfume had gone into my carpet. But I digress.
This little bottle is adorable, and it's that darn little bite out of it that made me drop it. It's unwieldy. I digress again.
So I waited to see what notes would appear. This Lolita smelled of almonds, surrounded by violet leaf and licorice. In the background I sensed incense. It boiled down to powdery nuttiness on me that lasted perhaps an hour and then disappeared. It's a very pretty fragrance, very light and unassuming. It's sillage on my body was not very strong at all. If I wanted it to last longer, I'd have to re-apply more often, which is ok, albeit this is a very light, summertime fragrance.
Here's the ending to where I digressed before. A few hours later, I returned to my bedroom where I had spilled the perfume earlier. Phew! Even tho the A/C was on, I could still smell this Lolita pretty strongly in the room. Apparently it stays on inanimate objects longer than me. My room smelled beautiful.
Top Notes: Vanille, Amalfi Lemon, Almond, Apricot, Cherry.
Middle Notes: Iris, Jasmine, Licorice.
Base Notes: Musk, Incense, Violet Leaf.

on 7/5/2013 7:42:00 PM

Sweet powdery goodness with hints of licorice. It has a very balanced feel & blends well with my skin rather than sit on top of it. Sadly it doesn't last long & its throw is weak.

Popular Fragrances