Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

3.5

on 12/16/2017 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Lolita is pleasant enough, but unfortunately I am just too tired of fragrances with fruity notes to enjoy this at the moment. I was skeptical about the licorice and anise notes, but I was surprised how well they blended with the rest of the notes and didn't smell at all like licorice. I also enjoyed the ivy notes, which kept the fragrance somewhat reigned in from being too sweet.

But the violets and cherry rose just enough above the rest to register ''fruity'' to my nose, and unfortunately that is a dealbreaker. I'm looking for more spice. This seemed less a true gourmand and more of an herbal, fruity drink rather than something yummy to eat, if that makes sense.

I would imagine this scent would definitely suit a gothic girl, or one with a more mysterious personality. I would be thrilled to smell it on someone else. It is very unique compared to most typical fruity young fragrances. But for me, it is not hitting the spot. I will file it away and possibly revisit it later.

on 9/11/2014 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

The first spritz is sharp, THICK licoricey too muchness. Then it calms down...the violets make their appearance. The violets are green& slightly herbaceous mixed with the licorice with it's slight minty tang that makes this perfume work. it's sweet, caramel, a gourmand that is turned clean & fresh by the violet & licorice. The longer it wears, the more love it. It almost takes on a your skin but better quality. Very warm, sweet slightly caramelised skin & it's a delight! I adore this!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I used to wear LOLITA LEPICKA all the time, but now when I come across it my stomach turns. I dont know whats changed - maybe my taste is starting to mature.

I love the top notes; the fragrance applies sharp & slightly sour on me. I love the contrast between this & the sweet remainder of the fragrance.

Its the middle phase that puts me off. The sweet fruits & florals combine with the other notes to make the fragrance very sickly. I light sweet fragrances, but this is just too much.

The bottle is stunning & the staying power is good. There are just so many sense-friendly alternatives available nowadays, theres no need for me to make myself ill over a perfume.

Scent notes: ivy leaves, liquorice flower, anise seed, amarena cherry, violets, iris, vanilla, praline, tonka bean, vetiver and musk

on 2/28/2008 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This smelled so nice when I sprayed it on the scent strip in the store, however, it smelled absolutely awful on my skin. Spritzed on the scent strip or in the air, this had a very distinct fresh note that really drew me too, it seemed unique compared to what I already own. However, as soon as it hit my skin, the freshness disappeared entirely and all I could smell was a really overwhelming spicy scent with a hint of cloying sweetness. I smelled it several times throughout the day and it didn't seem to morph from this at all.

Lasting power was (unfortunately) very, very good. I sprayed it on in the morning (around 8) and could still smell it when I went to bed (around 10).

Usually I really like orientals, so I don't think it is that factor throwing me off - I just seem to only get one or two notes on my skin, and they aren't the pretty notes!

My husband really liked this in the store, so I got a sample to try (I was already wearing perfume) and when I wore it the next day, he didn't even believe that it was the same perfume! We even sniffed the little sample bottle, thinking maybe the lady at Sephora gave me the wrong sample, but nope - it just smells gross on me, but really nice in the bottle!

I also thought that the bottle was very pretty but totally not practical. The little stem that you have to push on to spray the perfume really hurt my finger/thumb. It is just so small and hard that it puts a lot of pressure on your finger when you push it. I definitely wouldn't want to be pushing that down every morning!

on 12/14/2006 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

i've been using this one for... wow... five years. i've also used some others and switched off... but always go back to this. i dont find it heavy as some reviewers have... it's powdery'ish' and i love the way it lingers... it does last a long time (on me) and i find the bottle exquisite

i have a guy friend who told me... a girl in my office just bought or got your perfume, it smells sooo good but it smells like YOU, he said it's weird that i smellyou in my office these days. i kinda think it's cool to have a signature scent... and i think he meant it all as a compliment

then again who knows, my friends are wise@sses

on 10/6/2006 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was searching for something like LUSH American Cream and finally my search is over, the edp of this in orange reddish box smells exactly like LUSH American Cream, think of Vanilla, amere, tonka and to top it all it does not change on my acidic skin and last the whole day a winner!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Yuk! This was nasty smelling and did not apeal to me.I did not like the floral blend.Was simular to burnt musk.

on 12/14/2004 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Cool

I really love this fragrance. I received a very generous sample in a swap and I couldnt be happier with it. This is the first perfume that has had any lasting power on me.
When I first put it on...I get a strong sweet licorice scent and I smell something like sugar and musk? The smell stays strong for hours...probably five hours later it is a much softer scent but still has the original licorice scent. I think I will have to repurchase once I am all out.

on 10/25/2004 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the bottle but can't stand the fragrance. I like floral-musky-citrus scents, but this is way to sweet. It is definitely unique. My mom loves it though!

on 1/18/2003 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

When I first tried this, I was soooo confused! I thought that this and Angel were so identical. Both have that very deep, sweet, almost heady quality... but whereas Angel goes on to Patchouli-ness (I can't wear patchouli, no offense meant to patchouli lovers!) this fragrance takes a different route. Since I drink licorice tea, I can say that I smell it, very faintly in the dry down... and there is a bit of bittersweet quality to the drydown as well, though I honestly can't tell you what that note is. The packaging is quite charming, I love glass apples. ;-)

Popular Fragrances