Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka
Lolita Lempicka ad

3.6

on 10/5/2015 1:32:00 PM

This is my one of two "go-to" perfumes...the other being Chanel Mademoiselle Coco. I have been wearing this fragrance (Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka) ever since it arrived and I still Love it! I have a hard time finding it in Las Vegas, but thankfully Neiman's still carries Lolita Lempicka...I get many compliments from both men and women...they love the fragrance on me! Everyone's body chemistry is different---and what smells absolutely yummy on me, might stink like bug spray on you! This is why a perfume review is of little worth---everyone must try it for themselves. But FYI, I love it for me!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This review is for Lolita Lempicka La Premiur Parfum EDT (the bottle with the little bite out of it). A very surprising Lolita for me. I liberally doused myself with this particular Lolita, expecting another wonderful experience, such as I had with Lolita Lempicka L. As I was dousing myself, I dropped the little bottle on my carpet. It rolled. I quickly picked it up, but some of the perfume had gone into my carpet. But I digress.
This little bottle is adorable, and it's that darn little bite out of it that made me drop it. It's unwieldy. I digress again.
So I waited to see what notes would appear. This Lolita smelled of almonds, surrounded by violet leaf and licorice. In the background I sensed incense. It boiled down to powdery nuttiness on me that lasted perhaps an hour and then disappeared. It's a very pretty fragrance, very light and unassuming. It's sillage on my body was not very strong at all. If I wanted it to last longer, I'd have to re-apply more often, which is ok, albeit this is a very light, summertime fragrance.
Here's the ending to where I digressed before. A few hours later, I returned to my bedroom where I had spilled the perfume earlier. Phew! Even tho the A/C was on, I could still smell this Lolita pretty strongly in the room. Apparently it stays on inanimate objects longer than me. My room smelled beautiful.
Top Notes: Vanille, Amalfi Lemon, Almond, Apricot, Cherry.
Middle Notes: Iris, Jasmine, Licorice.
Base Notes: Musk, Incense, Violet Leaf.

A video review of Lolita Lempicka got my attention. The woman in the video could have been a relative. video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=2282&fr= She seemed like a sensible sort of person. I wondered what perfume would be so great that someone would want to tell the world how much she likes it! Well, I sent away for a sample (I can't tell you how many rejected samples I've given away to some teenage girls across the street). It was heavenly! I haven't loved a perfume so much since I discovered Chanel No 5! The bottle is gorgeous too, but if it came in a plastic bottle I'd love it almost as much! The scent is very distinctive, at first you notice the licorice (almost too much), then it calms down into a lovely floral but that little bit of anise or licorice gives it distinction. Try a sample, I really think that you will love it.

on 11/7/2010 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The notes: ivy leaves, licorice flower, anise seed, amarena cherry, violets, iris, vanilla, praline, tonka bean, vetiver and musk. What it smells like on me: Anise, cherry tobacco, and musk. The verdict? Very overtly feminine but too sweet. I mean it, this is very sweet. It gives me a headache, and it's not the violet or the anise. It's the annoying sweet musk that is so loud. This is not Angel. As much as I hate Angel, I think Angel is better crafted than this. They are both sickenly sweet, but the patchouli in Angel makes it more wearable. Be careful not to over-apply. Half a spritz is plenty.

on 5/4/2009 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been wearing Lolita Lempicka since the scent first came on the market, and I never tire of it. On my skin it lingers with a beautiful dry down. It is a very comforting scent to me. I also love the initial burst of anise when I first apply it. I get many compliments on this one.

on 5/2/2011 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Either I need a new nose or this stuff is terrible. I put it down there with "Angel", at least on me.

on 4/7/2011 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Again, I could only find a small 1 oz. bottle of this lovely scent, but I grabbed it quick. This has a little different smell than the L fragrance. I do like it very much. I can't tell whether I like this one or the L one the best.
;-) I have 3 in this collection and I can't really say which one I love the most! I think they are each unique to their self and I love different things about each one of them. I find they only last about 3 or 4 hours no matter which one I wear though. I wish they lasted longer but such is as it is with lovely perfumes. I will buy a large bottle when I can find one.

For every couple hundred fragrances I sample that I don't like much, something about one is distinctive enough for me to bother with a review. Lolita Lempicka happens to be that one today. After I had applied it and endured the sweet, spicy, woody, fruity (somewhat confused and heavy) melange for a few minutes, I really just had to wash it off. But it wouldn't be removed, and the stubborn fragrance molecules have left a nice, woody, spicy, sweet drydown that is tolerable and even a little pleasant. Too bad for LL that I had been decanting Opone and had it on my other wrist; it was like the difference between a 16 year old in an outfit from Ross trying a little too hard to be sexy, and a gorgeous woman in her 30s or 40s (or 50s?) whose presence effortlessly defines sexiness itself. Plus, I don't like the bottle. I have been around glass-blowers and love real, blown glass; I would much rather have a simple, heavy French glass bottle than a cutesy item that, as likely as not, was produced in a factory in China. Wow, I sound like a big, fat snob (especially since I shop at Ross myself)! Maybe it's good that I don't review my non-favorite fragrances very often. OK, to be nice, I'll rate this a 3, but it's closer to 2.5 for me. I'll call it chemistry.

on 1/6/2006 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

After reading the great reviews on this fragrance, I decided to give it a try. The first spray is somewhat heavy, but the scent fades to a subtle woodsy-vanilla smell. I love the beautiful bottle! Unfortunately, the DH does not like this on me. Will have to swap this one out.

on 12/18/2005 9:50:00 AM

It reminds me of licorice and I get compliments every time I wear it. The bottle is to die for. One of my all-time favorites. Long lasting, but not overpowering.

Popular Fragrances