Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka
Lolita Lempicka ad

3.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I first bought this about 6 years ago at saks on michigan ave Chicago. I tried it there as it was right next to the lamer area. I was with my elderly mom who said that it smelled like the perfume she wore on her wedding day in 1941, midnight in Paris. I didn't give that much thought, but I bought the fragrance that day. Wasn't really hooked on it. The other day I put some on from that original bottle from saks 6 yrs ago; my mom has Alzheimer's and when I went to see her in the care center , she said oh my you smell like midnight in Paris.. Now she is hit and miss remembering me, but still knew that scent. So I have worn it daily since the other day and have had like 5 men tell me I smelled amazing. I now ordered the other parts of the collection of the original Lolita lempicka. I was looking up the perfume and designer and am even more in love with it as the gals name is almost like mine and has polish roots to its naming of Lolita lempicka. I can't wait to get the cream and shower cream and deoderant. I'm 52 and it took this many years to settle on a signature scent. The dry down fades to a musky sweet scent, kinda powdery but very feminine. Sultry, kinda dark n mysterious.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a guy, and I wear this scent. I love-love-love the hint of licorice. It's complex and long-lasting (on me, anyway, I first use a bit of lotion, then put a spray down my T-shirt and on my inner elbow before putting on the long-sleeve dress shirt.)

It lasts a long time without turning me into a sillage monster at the office. Highly recommended for both genders.

on 6/28/2008 7:10:00 PM

I have recently started wearing L de Lolita (I alternate with Pink Sugar, yeah I like the sweet scents!) so I was very interested to see what this was like. The inital application is very green (ivy?) and then the anise/sugar note drifts in. This is an intriguing fragrance, it reminds me of when I got to try absinthe at a party. The licorice/herbal liquor was mixed with water poured over a sugar cube and that's what this scent makes me remember. When I wear this, I feel as if I'm in a garden drinking absinthe. For me, this is a dark romantic perfume, like something Anne Rice's vampires might wear, so I will use this as a night scent, but definitely a wonderful way to get in a decadent mood!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

On me, LL actually starts pretty boozy, in the best possible way, but it's mostly herbal and deep with a beautiful hit of spice.
Unfolds into a dreamy concoction of flowers and seasonings, I think Annick Menardo approached this one like like recipe for some kind of arcane fae creature celebration.

It could have been hork inducing sticky sweet but for the use of piquant anise and deep, mysterious licorice.
Tonka and vanilla make it toe curling yummy.
Vetiver and musk give it a fleshy, sensuous feel.

The overall effect is one I like to compare to a walk in the woods, in the deep of night, with fairies flying everywhere, treats falling from the midnight sky while the druids prepare some kind of potion hidden deep in their lair.
Magic, fairytale like but with the longevity of a tantric voyage through the ages.

The bottle: Beautiful, yes, BUT... The spraying mechanism is the biggest PITA I have ever used omg.
I will forgive this design flaw, though: The scent is that good.

Compared to SL Douce Amère: It's dreamier, more ethereal, I find DA more "NYC party", more sophisticated, but LL (on me) feels more... deliciously frivolous.

on 9/8/2014 5:38:00 PM

I truly love Lolita Lempicka, such an amazing and unique scent. She has something in common with Angel, but she is definitely her own woman. Why don't I wear her more often? I hesitate to wear to work as people are so polarized about her. She will always be in my top 5 perfumes, a hauntingly beautiful scent.

Lovely bottle, silly stem spritzer, delightful scent. I'm a fan of the whole Lolita Lempicka line--there's not one I've tried that I didn't like, though on the whole, Fleur Coral and Au Masculin are my faves. This original LL is lovely--sweet, but not too sweet, with enough anise/violet/vetiver to keep it interesting and lift the sugary notes up a bit. Spray it with a light hand--both because the stem makes it hard to give a heavy spritz, but also because this one has real staying power so you don't need a lot.

on 6/20/2010 6:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I agree with other reviewers who have noted the Tim Burton vibe, this one's got it! And that's why I love it, and wear it quite a lot. I smell this all the time in Italy, it's extremely popular there. And for anise/licorice lovers, you must have this in your collection. Quirky, sweet, and addictive....

on 10/30/2006 9:23:00 AM

A nice MUA'er sent me a sample of Lolita Lempicka (and "L") so I gave it a try. I had seen LL around for several years but never tested it before because I thought I wouldn't care for the anise (I don't really care for anisette liqueur or anise seeds in cookies). My gosh! Lolita Lempicka is beautiful! I LOVE the anise in this! This fragrance brings out the full blown romantic in me - it's mysterious and haunting, and it has some sophistication too. It's not a bubblegum sweet scent to me. I just feel great in it, and it lasts a long time as it goes through its permutations. It's got a note like pipe tobacco that I love, I suppose that's the tonka. I like LL better than the new one, "L". The bottles of all the various LL frags are beautiful, of course. I will definitely be looking to purchase this particular one. I think it could move into Classic category for me, i.e., full bottle worthy/will stand the test of time.

on 3/30/2006 10:27:00 AM

I cannot believe I waited so long to try Lolita,had wanted to try it when it first came out, never got around to it.The lovely glossaholic(thanks,V!) must have read my mind and included a nice fat decant of it in her RAOK package to me.
I don't get too heavy anise/licorice in Lolita, just enough sweetness paired with the vanilla.In the drydown I get soft woody violet notes,a little spicy and fruity licorice and a little soft powdery musk which is good ,I love soft powdery musks, and love my violets! The drydown of Lolita reminds me of Bulgari pour Femme with a little kick of sweet spice. Perfect evening fragrance,feminine, and sexy!

I bought this fine fragrance unsniffed, b/c I love the cute bottle so much! But the fragrance was a disappointment for me, so I gave my Lolita Lempicka away. No regrets... The headnotes are wonderful, but I don't like the drydown. I was something missing all the time... Boring and too floral. But the fragrance for men "Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin" is divine. Love, love, love Lolita Lempicka for Men. This is a very sexy and bold fragrance. Just the right mix for my nose. Delicious and mouthwatering. Simply beautiful and irresistible.

Popular Fragrances